Author Topic: "Gliding" has been removed.  (Read 33604 times)

Offline xTrendSs

• I need a damn capture card.
    • View Profile
Re: "Gliding" has been removed.
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 07:35:08 AM »
Omg, This is serious, i really want gliding back. If i can do ANYTHING just tell me. Im gonna try to help you guys as much as i can.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »
The thing that's surprised me the most is how much this has been downvoted on Reddit. At this point in time, 45 people have upvoted the post, but 44 people have also downvoted it. All of the comments I've made in response to their questions have been downvoted too. I didn't expect it to grow into a huge snowball, but the fact that people are actively trying to make it go away is really disappointing. The sheer amount of ignorant comments on the Reddit thread is pretty ridiculous.

Offline xTrendSs

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »
Yeah, thought the same. i was reading the comments and i got very dissapointed, we need to make everyone understand how dissapointing and negative this is.  Im not gonna be able to practice hard spots as i used to do.
A solution would be to bring gliding back only on motorbikes and nerf bmx's just to fix the annoying flying glitch also, im thinking thay maybe they will try to fix this but gliding is not gonna be the same.  Shame on you rockstar.

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
Support link doesn't work for me. Make sure you're using a public sharing link.

Oh is it. Sorry then. I dont know how to public though or maybe it's supposed to be private but when i said everything about the gliding method(I also included everything you said in reddit and gave the link to it)

but this was their reply.
(
Hello John0319,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We deeply apologize that you've encountered an issue with GTA Online. Please provide the following information if your Social Club account issue is not resolved or if you are having issues in-game for GTA V:*

Summary:

-Console/Platform:
-RGSC Name:
-PSN/360 Name:
-Crew Name:
-Screenshots of any error:

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Launch Game
2 - From Main Menu
3 -
4 -
5 -

Detailed Description of the Issue:

Again, if possible, please provide video and/or screenshots. Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a look into the issue and get back with you.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Cheers,
R*
)

judging by their reply, they seem to not be answering properly or they just dont get the problem. But the rockstar staff that replied me was a "support tier 1"(I'm assuming they have level of staff and this one that replied me wasn't that good) but man, I will still try to do some more if I can help. I want to stunt badly.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:36 AM »
Yeah, thought the same. i was reading the comments and i got very dissapointed, we need to make everyone understand how dissapointing and negative this is.  Im not gonna be able to practice hard spots as i used to do.
A solution would be to bring gliding back only on motorbikes and nerf bmx's just to fix the annoying flying glitch also, im thinking thay maybe they will try to fix this but gliding is not gonna be the same.  Shame on you rockstar.

In sympathy to Rockstar, they can't fix one without fixing the other. BMX's and Motorbikes share the shame gliding behavior. However, the difference is that the BMX and the Scorcher weigh almost two times less than the motorbikes in GTA V. That is why the BMX can fly forever, and motorbikes drop off after a medium level of distance. If they wanted to purely fix the BMX Flight Glitch, and leave motorbike gliding intact (they should), they have two options.

The first option is to simply raise the mass of every bicycle in the game. This would technically solve the problem, but it would introduce a number of different issues. Firstly, they would have to rework the bunny hopping force to counteract the change in mass, and secondly, it would completely change the way they feel. The second (and best) solution would be to separate the handling physics of motorbikes and BMX's into two different categories. That way, they could fix the BMX Flight Glitch independently of motorbike gliding. Unfortunately, developing this would be very complicated, and it could potentially break other aspects of the game.

As you can probably tell, neither of these options are realistic. So there's really only one solution. They need to put gliding back in the game.

Snip.

They've given you an automated response. Provide the information that they asked for, but also repost the contents of the Reddit thread into your support query.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:36:15 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline xTrendSs

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
Oh crap, They are not going to do that then.  Why rockstar, why ;'(

We need to ask for a stunting mode as you said already then.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:43:34 AM by xTrendSs »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »
Let's beg for fixed roofs in VC/LC and smoothed out roads in SA too... Come on, as much as this sucks for stunting itself, whining and starting petitions won't make them insert it back in at all. GTAS is simply a minority and R* just tries to improve the game experience for the masses.

A PC port most likely will have the updates included, so this gliding glitch will probably remain as a bonus to those who are willing to play with a 1.10 console version only.

Surely one could easily mod the glitch back in once it is available for PC, but that would in fact be modding. There's also no knowledge about FPS affecting gliding yet as consoles are running it at around 30 FPS only, while a PC easily gets more. We simply gotta deal with the game's default possibilities.

Sucks to be you playing that game already. :P

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »
ShadowSniper in case you're not already aware, they have changed the flight physics as well.  You can no longer "hover" the jet with as much control as you used to have.  Once you go slowly enough, the jet falls down.  You can counter it if you force the jet into a vertical stall and maintain it, but it's more difficult to do that.  Missiles are also much more persistent, and the cannon range has been slightly clipped.

I thought you may haven't noticed these things because you've been busy working on the ground.  I had a stunt planned that has now been rendered physically impossible, so, just letting you know.  We are in a very sad state of affairs.  Ever feel like GTA Online was designed by people who don't play competitive online video games?  The game is still broken, yet they're feeding us more content and editing the freaking physics engine.

There are still instances where traffic or parked vehicles will not spawn, especially if you are in or around Fort Zancudo.  How has that game-stopping bug not been prioritized over somebody having sky-high fun on a bicycle?  Rockstar don't understand what the real problems are.  This latest update (I'm on PS3) makes us wait longer after a job finishes because the game freezes.  Was this patch not tested before its release?

The ignorant and unimportant players are the ones in the spotlight.  They complain and demand changes that make the game worse for everyone.  GTA Stunting houses the most informed die-hard fans who have dedicated years of their lives to GTA, yet we have no useful insight for Rockstar's attention?  We are unlikely able to shout loud enough for them to listen, and it's upsetting.  Rockstar need to get in touch with us; we are their "GrandTheftAuto-ologists", if you think about it.

Flying across the map on a bicycle is amusing.  Controlling a jet stall is amusing.  Both require practice, which is time spent playing GTA V.  Rockstar are against this.  Do not by any means enjoy yourself while playing GTA Online, because you and every other player who loves this game will be punished.  By literally changing the physics of their video game (just because they can now), they are telling us that our study of the game is wrongful.

Offline xTrendSs

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 03:20:39 PM »
This is just a nightmare, Someone please wake me up!  :(

Offline Roach

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
I have downloaded the update few hours ago and I would never consider a possibility which will influence the stunting aspects negatively. Being honest with you guys, I can fully understand the movements towards removing the ability which in fact allow players to reach the highest heights. Since most of my stunt ideas have been already released publicly, I do not longer spend much time playing game for stunting purposes. Although the stunting in GTA V has boosted our interested, there is not a relevant limitation which did or still does exist in previous versions of the game. Having said that, I can outpoint positive advantages of this quite silly move from Rockstar Games as they definitely shouldn't change something what has been welcomed positively by its fans. Stunting will change diametrically but it would not longer look like a proper flying action. Don't you think it seems ridiculous seeing person flying on a bike throughout whole GTA map? Personally, I didn't like it at all, however I am not against brining it back. Furthermore, it will be very welcomed for me to see it back again as I don't mind having this ability and in fact, I may finally done my spots waiting to be landed. I can only wish you luck to receive a positive response from the organisation. This process may take a while as the community requirements are quite high. If the game creators introduce something new (what in this case has been removed) they don't do it for a certain amount of time in order to bring it back in the nearest future. However, I wish you luck to win it successfully and get over it as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:00:47 PM by Roach »

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
I have downloaded the update few hours ago and I would never consider a possibility which will influence the stunting aspects negatively. Being honest with you guys, I can fully understand the movements towards removing the ability which in fact allow players to reach the highest heights. Since most of my stunt ideas have been already released publicly, I do not longer spend much time playing game for stunting purposes. Although the stunting in GTA V has boosted our interested, there is not a relevant limitation which did or still does exist in previous versions of the game. Having said that, I can outpoint positive advantages of this quite silly move from Rockstar Games as they definitely shouldn't change something what has been welcomed positively by its fans. Stunting will change diametrically but it would not longer look like a proper flying action. Don't you think it seems ridiculous seeing person flying on a bike throughout whole GTA map? Personally, I didn't like it at all, however I am not against brining it back. Furthermore, it will be very welcomed for me to see it back again as I don't mind having this ability and in fact, I may finally done my spots waiting to be landed. I can only wish you luck to receive a positive response from the organisation. This process may take a while as the community requirements are quite high. If the game creators introduce something new (what in this case has been removed) they don't do it for a certain amount of time in order to bring it back in the nearest future. However, I wish you luck to win it successfully and get over it as soon as possible.
Its not only about flying but wallride and grind are affected too as I read on some post here.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »
I'm laughing at people who don't stunt V but are complaining about us complaining...

Just imagine if R* removed FL off AND radding AND tapping oh and increase the affect of gravity by at least 50% for good measure (and that's being kind).

Still think that sounds like a good thing?

It's one thing to be ridiculed by the general population but by GTAS'ers is just sad...

Offline Nitromanic

• Nooby Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
I'm laughing at people who don't stunt V but are complaining about us complaining...

Just imagine if R* removed FL off AND radding AND tapping oh and increase the affect of gravity by at least 50% for good measure (and that's being kind).

Still think that sounds like a good thing?

It's one thing to be ridiculed by the general population but by GTAS'ers is just sad...
Well said...I don't think half of you do realise how much this limits stunting in GTAV. Your bike will only go maybe 50m after a great bump at full speed, which from what I've seen is way way less than it ever did on SA or VC. This supposed "Glitch" was what allowed GTAV to thrive and have a stunting community that has blossomed, without it there is nothing big that can be done, besides car and some plane stunts. The fact that NU have released 4 videos already with these massive stunts, and now none of them are possible, does that not cause concern for you all?

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »
I have to say that this update does not really affect me. I mean, now there are less newbs that come and land a huge stunt in 2months of stunting.

Remember how hard we were training at the beginning of our stunting "career" when we started SA, or VC. It'll fuck some of our spots, yes, there are tons of other stuff to do.

I'm not here to argue about the fact it's stupid blabla, I don't care at all. An update wont stop myself stunting. (lazyness will though :lol: )

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »
People underestimate this change because they think only gliding has been changed. It's not only that though. You no longer gain speed while wheelieing, this is especially relevant for stunts with a runup going slightly uphill. All the bikes just feel EXTREMELY slow compared to the way it was before and they are now totally inferior to cars.

I had a ramp stunt with a runup that's going upwards at about 10° and I can barely get the bike going without wheelieing. Before I could get about 100ft. on the ramp on every attempt, now I can barely make it half of the way up. What Rockstar needs to do to compensate for this (something they probably forgot while nerfing the shit out of bikes) is to adjust their speed. Make them faster, they are laughably slow now even compared to regular cars in the game.

This doesn't only hinder stunting...it kills most of it. You can barely reach 50ft. on a bump anymore. Unless the runup is going downhill or there is a doublebump available close to the first bump.

And yes, I am not exaggerating, it is THIS bad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal