Author Topic: "Gliding" has been removed.  (Read 34335 times)

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: "Gliding" has been removed.
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »
The thing that's surprised me the most is how much this has been downvoted on Reddit. At this point in time, 45 people have upvoted the post, but 44 people have also downvoted it. All of the comments I've made in response to their questions have been downvoted too. I didn't expect it to grow into a huge snowball, but the fact that people are actively trying to make it go away is really disappointing. The sheer amount of ignorant comments on the Reddit thread is pretty ridiculous.
It's because the dude in the video presented a horrible example. The 'before' stunt looks absolutely ridiculous and is comparable to putting the VC gravmod to -100% and flying off a ramp. If you want to convince the public, don't front the problem on the other end of the spectrum, cause most people who play GTA V for the non-stunting content will go "Oh, so just by hitting a ledge I can fly several hundred meters and land on a skyscraper".
Ignorant people like that just assume it's easy because stunters usually make things look simple when it's actually not. Heck, after every new WH release I go and try a couple of the spots and realize that no, I legit can not land this despite it looking fairly straightforward in the video.

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 12:29:22 AM »
This update really sucks. We all know it. I do not know if there is a chance of getting stunting back. At most, famous stunters like Ben Buja, Kwebbelkop or whatever can make a video about returning it back, and post it on youtube, gets lot of support until everyone goes with them and Rockstar finally notices it. But if you guys want to put it in a more realistic way, will Rockstar undo the changes they made just for the sake of stunters? Answer is no. It sucks I know. Nothing much we could do now unless we make a whole army of thousands of people wanting the glitch back(Doubt that type of shit will happen). If Rockstar doesn't really want to bring that gliding glitch back, the thing I suggest they can do is at least make the speed up method like it was before and maybe they could add a bit of making motorcycles wheelie higher(Like in IV? idk) which may result in finding new methods to do those higher stunts again. I don't know if y'all agree with this. Just my perspective.

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 12:48:29 AM »
Just a warning before you go on reading my small paragraph I don't play GTA V actively.

From my perspective, Grand Theft Auto 5 was originally created to be as realistic as possible. With the exploitation of that glitch, it gives players an unusual advantage in terms of reaching outrageous heights and feats.

I know that the game is intended to be fun and that this sort of community has been going on for years, but I fear that we will just have to learn to live with it. Let's face it, Rockstar aren't stunters and the stunting community is small in comparison to the 'other' community so it's just common sense to cater to the larger community. Majority of players won't even notice a difference.

This just leaves more room to find newer spots and work even harder to land them.

That's just my 2 cents as a non-gtav outsider looking in.

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »
ITT: People who have never played GTA V 1.11 saying it isn't that bad.  :|

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »
From my perspective, Grand Theft Auto 5 was originally created to be as realistic as possible.
1. This is just speculation, though I appreciate how you present it as a subjective standpoint and not as objective truth, and 2. GTA has never been about realism, surely it had to become a bit more realistic with the transition from top-down to 3D but it has always been a silly, exaggerated version of reality in a sandbox environment.
Realism-driven games are games like Ghost Recon (not Advanced Warfighter), not GTA not even close.

This just leaves more room to find newer spots and work even harder to land them.
It leaves less room as it makes a lot less possible, yes it makes you look for different spots or other ways to achieve something and you can call that adapting or creative but without this barrier there would be a lot more room for creativity in a more unlimited form than what we are left with now.

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2014, 02:39:39 AM »
ITT: People who have never played GTA V 1.11 saying it isn't that bad.  :|

I understand where you're coming from but you don't need to be rude. You need to look at it from every perspective to fully understand before you start making judgement on it.

I'm just trying to say that from a spectator's point of view, honestly it looks modded the way it used to be. It didn't seem plausible at all. It may seem that way to you because you know how the physics work but to me, it just looked like a guy on a bike floating through the air and randomly stopping when he thinks it's good enough for a video.

With the addition of this update it will allow stunters to look even deeper in to their game and figure out a new method which allows even better spots than before. This is not the end of GTA V stunting, it could very well even be the beginning depending on how you look at it.

I think everyone needs to just wait it out a little and then try it from a different angle. There was still a boat load of opportunities before the update without the method and there's still a boat load left. You just need to dig deeper. That's the definition of a good stunter, one who works with his/her environment to its best ability.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2014, 03:43:34 AM »
I understand where you're coming from but you don't need to be rude. You need to look at it from every perspective to fully understand before you start making judgement on it.
So do you dude, you're a spectator trying to tell performers how their performance environment should be.

I'm just trying to say that from a spectator's point of view, honestly it looks modded the way it used to be. It didn't seem plausible at all. It may seem that way to you because you know how the physics work but to me, it just looked like a guy on a bike floating through the air and randomly stopping when he thinks it's good enough for a video.
Stunting in and of itself looks modded and is not a realistic representation of how things work, if you do a 50ft drop on a bike and land on a flat surface with no speed forward nor decline in the landing you will die.
Pointing the airtime alone in particular without addressing all the other logical fallacies within what we do is just picking out a piece of something that doesn't make sense saying if we fix this one thing, then all of it will make sense.

With the addition of this update it will allow stunters to look even deeper in to their game and figure out a new method which allows even better spots than before. This is not the end of GTA V stunting, it could very well even be the beginning depending on how you look at it.
That's like telling Jews getting sent to Auschwitz is a opportunity to look at new business models.
The point is, something done by force is not something that inspires creativity.
For many stunters this application of forcefully narrowing down our creative environment is the opposite of the planting of seeds for more innovation, even though innovation can come from it it's not from something that's fundamentally positive.

I think everyone needs to just wait it out a little and then try it from a different angle. There was still a boat load of opportunities before the update without the method and there's still a boat load left. You just need to dig deeper. That's the definition of a good stunter, one who works with his/her environment to its best ability.
Maybe, but that's easy to say form someone who has invested no time and effort into stunting and building a reputation around their performance on this platform and furthermore with a set of physics that no longer applies. You're not affected by this, thus you telling us how we should react to it makes no sense, don't be rude.

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2014, 04:26:50 AM »
So do you dude, you're a spectator trying to tell performers how their performance environment should be.

Stunting in and of itself looks modded and is not a realistic representation of how things work, if you do a 50ft drop on a bike and land on a flat surface with no speed forward nor decline in the landing you will die.
Pointing the airtime alone in particular without addressing all the other logical fallacies within what we do is just picking out a piece of something that doesn't make sense saying if we fix this one thing, then all of it will make sense.

That's like telling Jews getting sent to Auschwitz is a opportunity to look at new business models.
The point is, something done by force is not something that inspires creativity.
For many stunters this application of forcefully narrowing down our creative environment is the opposite of the planting of seeds for more innovation, even though innovation can come from it it's not from something that's fundamentally positive.

Maybe, but that's easy to say form someone who has invested no time and effort into stunting and building a reputation around their performance on this platform and furthermore with a set of physics that no longer applies. You're not affected by this, thus you telling us how we should react to it makes no sense, don't be rude.

I'm not telling you how to feel at all I'm merely suggesting an alternative perspective. I may come across as pushy, but it's hard to tell just by words on a screen what someone is saying and how they are saying it, we interpret a conversation over the internet in our own way in the mood we're in.

I'm also not saying that stunting should be hyper-realistic in every spectrum possible, I'm merely just saying that it should look "realistic to a degree". In a sense that, in a virtual world where you can't die or your bike can not be damaged in any way you should be able to do this-this way. Relating that to GTA V, it was kind of impossible to do the kind of feats that some people were achieving without a bug exploitation.

Before we go on, how about a truce? We obviously have different opinions on the situation, but there is no need to start taking this to a personal level. After all, I'm just saying what it looks like from the outside, not once have I said that it has affected me, I started off by saying that I don't play GTA V, I made that very clear.

There's both good and bad in this situation, and you can look at it either way you want. I don't think Rockstar will revert though but if they do then I wish you all good luck on finding those huge spots again. In the meantime, take the time to look for spots with a different mindset.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2014, 04:31:36 AM »
I'm merely just saying that it should look "realistic to a degree". In a sense that, in a virtual world where you can't die or your bike can not be damaged in any way you should be able to do this-this way. Relating that to GTA V, it was kind of impossible to do the kind of feats that some people were achieving without a bug exploitation.
Well, say that to the whole stunting scene then. It has been like that since 2004. Daffy is one of the oldest right here, I don't think you'll teach anything to him. Just saying. <- about your whole "find new spots" thingy + some other stuff in your text.

My point here, is that yes, they fucked up a part of the game, but on the other view, I wouldn't lose time reporting all these stuff for nothing. We're frustrated yes, that's logic. We spent so much time trying to get some stunts done, and now we can't even get a single good try. We lost spots, that suck.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:37:09 AM by MxZz. »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2014, 04:38:29 AM »
It is a major kill to motorbike stunting, that's what some of you don't realise. However... I've done all I can personally do. If anyone wants to help, send a "mouthoff" message to Rockstar and include my post. That way, they're more likely to see it, and more likely to make a change, no matter how unlikely it is.

Honestly, I think the most realistic proposition at this point is a "stunt mode" toggle in the options menu. It would enable gliding in single player, and put you in a separate lobby in GTA Online. That way, everyone's happy. Had no idea it also harms planes though, haven't tried them since the update.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2014, 04:42:42 AM »
It is a major kill to motorbike stunting, that's what some of you don't realise.
It doesn't kill the whole motorbike stunting at all. There are tons of stunts that doesn't need height and lenght to be done.

It definitely killed the bigairs, and to be honest, they were ridiculous. Afterall, everyone has a different mind.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 04:42:57 AM »
Airbrush: I can appreciate how you're trying to encourage people to look at it in a positive way or find a way to turn it into something positive which generally is a very productive way to deal with resistance of any kind.
However I just don't think it's in your place or any of the reddit users to do so in the first place as the ridiculous big-airs or the potential for them is what made stunting in GTA V so appealing to me and other performers that I know in the first place.
Yes we can for sure adapt to a certain degree, but the question is whether we have any interest in doing so at all when the main attraction is gone and all the current substitutes doesn't even come close.
Maybe we'll discover a new technique that is a fully functional replacement, but for the time being there isn't one and I will deal realistically with the situation we're in.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 04:46:04 AM »
It definitely killed the bigairs, and to be honest, they were ridiculous. Afterall, everyone has a different mind.

It has a major effect on every method in the game. Don't get me wrong, there are still great stunts that can be done with motorbikes, just nothing even close to what we've been doing for all these months. I have actually landed a sick motorbike stunt since the update that's not a big air, but it's just such a disappointment.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 04:51:53 AM »

It has a major effect on every method in the game. Don't get me wrong, there are still great stunts that can be done with motorbikes, just nothing even close to what we've been doing for all these months. I have actually landed a sick motorbike stunt since the update that's not a big air, but it's just such a disappointment.
Now I get what you meant :P

Precisions and grind have always been better than any bigairs on V imo.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
Done a speed method test with the Bati, frame by frame.

Driving normally, leaning forward, leaning back = same speed.
Dipping (leaning back and forth at a medium pace) = very slightly faster (1 second faster on airport runway).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal