Author Topic: "As One" TMS-XSA collab.  (Read 29628 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2005, 10:03:13 AM »
Basically, Sweet hates song and is now ticked off :lol: coulda been worse dude - he might have picked some weird German band! :o  

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2005, 10:08:46 AM »
he should of :P

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2005, 10:18:18 AM »
It's very bad to blaim Omni for this. If someone didn't like the song that person should have told Omni and all the others.

I didn't like the song at first either, but I think it went quite well with the vid. Omni said he got some great editing ideas for the song, and I trusted him. I'm glad with what he done and I will not complain on anything. What it done is done and there's nothing to do about it.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2005, 10:58:07 AM »
Cheers Tackleberry :)

I'm just disapointed that my fav song ever ruined this vid for others :(  

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »
dont hold it too personally, I just got done with a hard test and now im in computer class :P

I'm always pissed off during school.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2005, 11:02:02 AM »
Was wondering why you were so crabby :lol:

It is a great vid though - I hope this won't be the last time both crews work together...

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »
stunt vids are supposed to be about STUNTS, not music selection. imo, the music is the last thing people should judge a vid by. i personally don't comment on music because it's all a matter of personal taste. only in rare cases do you get music that is completely wrong for a stunt vid, otherwise it's quite insignificant. as omni said, there are many vids in which i think the music sucks, but i know that it's not critical. hell, if i don't like the music then i just mute the sound while watching the vid.

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2005, 11:08:49 AM »
stunt vids are supposed to be about STUNTS, not music selection. imo, the music is the last thing people should judge a vid by. i personally don't comment on music because it's all a matter of personal taste. only in rare cases do you get music that is completely wrong for a stunt vid, otherwise it's quite insignificant. as omni said, there are many vids in which i think the music sucks, but i know that it's not critical. hell, if i don't like the music then i just mute the sound while watching the vid.
everybody said that they loved stunts. if you think that "stunt vids are supposed to be about STUNTS, not music selection" then why do you pay attention at non-stunt parts of people's reviews?

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »
everybody said that they loved stunts. if you think that "stunt vids are supposed to be about STUNTS, not music selection" then why do you pay attention at non-stunt parts of people's reviews?
I agree with Buzz and I think he doesn't dismiss what people say about music cus usually it affects what people say about the vid. A lot of people said stuff like "this would've been the best SA vid, if the music didn't suck" and stuff like that. Its damn annoying cus its nothing to do with the sodding music :P

Offline Brandon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2005, 11:30:35 AM »
Did i already post about this? i'm not looking through 8 pages to find out...

Sweet says that XSA didn't even ask TMS about a song....The music TORE THIS VID UP...horribly slow music for a stunt video

The music literally fucked the video up. You need fast flowing rock like techno, music for stunt videos.

8/10 +1 for stunts +1 for editing -4 for music...
Putting -4 for the music is bull man. If you split it up into Editing, Stunts and music that would giving a rating of 3.33 each, but you deduct 4 for music, which makes no sense what so ever. If I don't like the music to a vid, I look past it, as I would've expected most of you lot to do. I hate most music people put in stunt videos, but still love the vids cus of how creative they are. For instance THR: LC is a fucking amazing video, but tbh, IMO the songs completely suck. Still one of my fav vids though.

And I did show the song to most TMS members before I made the vid. None of them said "don't use it, it sucks" and as I was editing, thats what I wanted to be the song. So bite me :P.
I still think the music fucked the vid up.

You have to admit if we had slow shitty opera or some other gay shit the video would suck ass....

I loved the song in Ex
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:40:50 AM by Brandon »

Offline WEREWOLF

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2005, 11:32:25 AM »
I agree with Buzz and I think he doesn't dismiss what people say about music cus usually it affects what people say about the vid. A lot of people said stuff like "this would've been the best SA vid, if the music didn't suck" and stuff like that. Its damn annoying cus its nothing to do with the sodding music :P
But you need to realise that the vid can't be the best if the only good thing in the vid are stunts. The quality of the video is determined by many factors - stunts, editing, stunts recording, intro, vid's energy, music... The age when the stunts were 1000 times more important than everything else and the vid  with great stunts but awful editing, music(or totally without it) and everything else could've been the best have passed.

Yeah, music is a matter of a personal tastes and always there are both positive and negative comments about music. But the energy of the video is more objective thing and the music has the biggest influence to the vid's energy.

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2005, 11:49:49 AM »
like i said, the main focus and point of a stunt vid is the stunts. that's why they're called stunt vids. the music doesn't mean anything if the stunts suck. piling on extraneous flair (fancy editing, "perfect" music) doesn't change that.

what's next, "the vid wasn't great because i don't like the colors of your vehicles"?? talk about shallow...

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2005, 12:20:46 PM »
Hmm music is a factor to me when it comes to vids; but it's more about the synching to me. If a video has crappy synching, it can be pretty boring to watch, even with massive stunts. But when you have some not so spectacular stunts and the editing/synching is great, I'd be happy to overlook the quality of the stunts a little bit.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2005, 02:28:52 PM »
The thing is...this song ain't slow, its quite heavy in places :S I'd say it it was around 120BPM which is the typical speed for most rock/pop music.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
"As One" TMS-XSA collab.
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2005, 03:06:48 PM »
Dont worry dude. I fucking loved the music, greatest song ever! Music does effect a video's feel/vibe/enviroment when watching, but it sure as hell doesn't ruin it if it's crap. :blink:  

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal