Author Topic: GTA Longest Grind Ever  (Read 9616 times)

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
Re: GTA Longest Grind Ever
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »
This whole topic is weird :unsure:

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 08:09:22 AM »
I laughed my ass of when I got to watch it after reading the topic :D jesus christ

Offline ShopenZ

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:46 PM »
How u find way to start fighting in any thread?... thats a skills..

Offline Knapman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
Tell ya what, I'll call you the best grinder, if you can grind further than me on this rail starting from the ledge. circled in blue is my furthest after 15 minutes of trying, when I get home from work I will attempt to beat it, and when I have school on saturday I will post a video

P.S. what a waste of time aha

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »
anyone who does the whole rail above can have my entire skinning folder

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Gave it a try for 30 mins or so, got just past Knapman to the large curve. It's easiest to reach at medium speed, if you go too slow you won't make it. But if you go too fast, it's really hard to stay on the rail when you get to the zig-zag sections, and you would usually bump at the final curve before you have time to lean back. However, I think this is impossible unless you're grinding at fast speed, because the final curve is uphill until the halfway point.

Good luck to anyone who tries this, seems like a bitch, although this is coming from someone who's barely touched Vice City in the last five years :P. A trick might be to wallride the final curve and grind the final straight section afterwards. Would look awesome too. Make sure to exacerbate your grinding technique as I did in this video, or you will get stuck.

https://youtu.be/yep2sxZkDlw?t=2m56s
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:58:40 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »
This is a pretty long one as well.
https://youtu.be/zpUyqu-lTow?t=11s

Offline Knapman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
Gave it a try for 30 mins or so, got just past Knapman to the large curve. It's easiest to reach at medium speed, if you go too slow you won't make it. But if you go too fast, it's really hard to stay on the rail when you get to the zig-zag sections, and you would usually bump at the final curve before you have time to lean back. However, I think this is impossible unless you're grinding at fast speed, because the final curve is uphill until the halfway point.

Good luck to anyone who tries this, seems like a bitch, although this is coming from someone who's barely touched Vice City in the last five years :P. A trick might be to wallride the final curve and grind the final straight section afterwards. Would look awesome too. Make sure to exacerbate your grinding technique as I did in this video, or you will get stuck.

https://youtu.be/yep2sxZkDlw?t=2m56s

Gave er a little more, got to the same point, it's definitely debatable weather it's possible or not, with a good and lucky transition from that final corner into the curve i'd say you can make it up. I was so hoping there wasn't a hill, its like negligible almost

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 12:53:58 AM »
When you bring Alien City to the table, you can pretty much make your own custom map, put a long ass fence somewhere and consider that the longest grind ever.

Also there's a big difference between SA & VC since it takes some knowledge how to not get stuck while grinding in vc unlike SA where you just wait til you fall down without putting any effort into it. That way Smut's SAiVC grind from WASTELAND would probably be my pick (And yeah SAiVC isnt the original map for VC, but its a remake of a map that RockStar Games created at least)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 01:04:04 AM »
Gave er a little more, got to the same point, it's definitely debatable weather it's possible or not, with a good and lucky transition from that final corner into the curve i'd say you can make it up. I was so hoping there wasn't a hill, its like negligible almost

If you go as fast as possible you can definitely do it, it would just be a bitch to do the first section. Even then, if you lean too far fowards while going fast on the final curve, you would bail instantly, so it's a shitter all the way around :P.

Another trick might be to face left instead of right, so you just have to lean forwards to transition to the final curve. That way too, if you bump off towards the left, you still have a chance to wallride and grind the final straight. You also have two points of contact while grinding the final curve (middle and front wheel), whereas when you're facing right, you would be doomed if you switched to your front wheel, because you would be pushing it against the wall.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:13:33 AM by VaNilla »

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 05:45:17 AM »
Tell ya what, I'll call you the best grinder, if you can grind further than me on this rail starting from the ledge. circled in blue is my furthest after 15 minutes of trying, when I get home from work I will attempt to beat it, and when I have school on saturday I will post a video

P.S. what a waste of time aha

Have had this spot for ages, total bitch.

Gonna have a bit more time on it, seems like a fun thing to dig up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:48:34 AM by TurBo »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 05:50:05 AM »
Yes guys! Lets go longer instead of higher. :ffvsielj3:

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 07:09:39 AM »
inb4 someone grinds the whole thing and bails at the wall

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 08:38:58 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUzhvRIi6Q

Who's the boss now?

WOAH Let me see that again!!1 That cat was fast as lightning. Albeit you just can't beat the commentary from the pedestrian on the original longest grind video -- 0:12 to 0:25

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 06:30:53 AM »
When you bring Alien City to the table, you can pretty much make your own custom map, put a long ass fence somewhere and consider that the longest grind ever.
I get your point but it's not the same since Alien City is, in this community, accepted as a "legit" stunting map.

Also there's a big difference between SA & VC since it takes some knowledge how to not get stuck while grinding in VC unlike SA where you just wait til you fall down without putting any effort into it.
I agree with you there, but the Bandito is quite an exception since it's pretty tricky to grind with it, mostly a circular thing. I can't tell if it's easier than grinding in VC since I'm no expert, but it's definitely not tilting til you fall down. Give it a shot and you'll see what I mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal