Author Topic: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)  (Read 18417 times)

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
Re: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
Well shit, looks like the Sanchez is faster on PS4. Broughy sent me a video using the Sanchez on the latest PS4 update, so I tested it too. Getting the exact same results as him. Unfortunately, I can't source the handling.meta files from the PS4, so I'm going to have to compare lobby screen stats (he says the Sanchez has a higher top speed than the Enduro on PS4).
I just checked on Xbox One, the Enduro does indeed seem to have different stats. Typical.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »
Nono, the Enduro has the same stats on both consoles. My times match exactly between X360 and PS4 for the Enduro. However, the Sanchez is 2.66* seconds faster on PS4 than it is on X360. More testing needs to be done before I can confirm the true differences.

This isn't all too surprising, because there are multiple vehicles with different handling on PS4/XO, but I've never seen this before, and my previous tests didn't find the Sanchez to be any faster on PS4/XO. Looks like there's something deeper we're missing.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »
Nono, the Enduro has the same stats on both consoles. My times match exactly between X360 and PS4 for the Enduro. However, the Sanchez is 2.66* seconds faster on PS4 than it is on X360. More testing needs to be done before I can confirm the true differences.

This isn't all too surprising, because there are multiple vehicles with different handling on PS4/XO, but I've never seen this before, and my previous tests didn't find the Sanchez to be any faster on PS4/XO. Looks like there's something deeper we're missing.
I meant different stats than the Sanchez.

EDIT: Wait a sec, the bike I've been riding is the Sanchez, and I swear it feels different, as I stated before. Maybe this was due to the recent update? If so, maybe other shit has been changes also.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:28:55 PM by BIGpoppaKEGdog »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »
Checked the original X360/PS3 handling.dat and compared it to the latest X360/PS3 handling.meta files. Just to be safe, I also recorded a video comparison between the Sanchez wheelie on GTA V 1.00, and GTA V 1.21. The Sanchez is exactly the same on last gen as the original version, so the change must have been introduced on next gen.

UPDATE: Tested the statistics on the lobby screen, since I don't have access to the PS4/XO handling.meta files. All the same for Sanchez, which makes no sense whatsoever. They must have updated the Sanchez's handling on PS4/XO but forgotten to update the lobby screen page.

http://imgur.com/FzueNqO,inGGoUq,00OB2BO,zGqxYKC#0
http://imgur.com/mEjwB7r,PyVo2eD,beROoqR,VttUg0Q

Now, I also decided to check out the BF Injection which I've long suspected to be different on PS4/XO. Turns out that it is much faster on X360/PS3 than it is on PS4/XO.

http://imgur.com/j6I42Kw,5tEZde5#0
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:37:41 PM by VaNilla »

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
The plot thickens  :cc_detective:

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »
Interesting that the Nemesis and Lectro have 100% identical in game stats.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »
Interesting that the Nemesis and Lectro have 100% identical in game stats.

They're completely identical in the X360/PS3 handling files too, aside from two things (and one different handling flag). The Lectro has slightly better acceleration and traction than the Nemesis :D. Keep in the mind that the size of the vehicle model makes a difference to how these values work in real world testing.

Lectro:

<fInitialDriveForce value="0.300000" />
<fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.060000" />

Nemesis:

<fInitialDriveForce value="0.280000" />
<fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.030000" />

UPDATE: Tested the Panto tunnel thing again on the latest X360/PS3 update. Maybe I was doing it wrong before, I don't know, but it's working again for me :D.

UPDATE 2: Finished testing GTA V 1.22, it's exactly the same as GTA V 1.21 for stunting :). The big one's up next, PS4/XO.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:16:23 AM by VaNilla »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »
great info. the one thing i've noticed is that crashing a motorbike on the new xbox1 update is much more like single player now. anything head on leads to violent ragdolling and it's much easier to die now. also, i've had a few instances on different bikes where i crash front wheel first, and it launches my body up in the air similar to a gate gltich. i don't believe this happened prior to the new update.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
great info. the one thing i've noticed is that crashing a motorbike on the new xbox1 update is much more like single player now. anything head on leads to violent ragdolling and it's much easier to die now. also, i've had a few instances on different bikes where i crash front wheel first, and it launches my body up in the air similar to a gate gltich. i don't believe this happened prior to the new update.

Can't say, haven't noticed anything like that on PS4 though. In any case, it doesn't change stunting, so I might avoid testing that :P.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »

Can't say, haven't noticed anything like that on PS4 though. In any case, it doesn't change stunting, so I might avoid testing that :P.
They definitely did change something on the Xbox One, you carry more momentum when you fly off. It's a very clear difference on the Xbox One, but it doesn't effect stunting, I actually like it, because it's funny as hell to fly across the road when you bail.

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2015, 02:45:57 AM »

They definitely did change something on the Xbox One, you carry more momentum when you fly off. It's a very clear difference on the Xbox One, but it doesn't effect stunting, I actually like it, because it's funny as hell to fly across the road when you bail.

Absolutely this!  I've started saving the more comical ones to make a video to send to Rockstar and ask "wtf??"

I had one last night where I did a jump over a building - nothing big at all - but when I landed I hit a small barrier and I got thrown so high that I actually had time to pull my parachute before I landed.  It's way over the top.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:11 AM »
Okay, I've had that happen to me enough times now to say it's probably true :lol:. I like it though :mellow:. Anyway, I'm still completing heists on PS4, but it seems exactly the same as 1.06 (not 1.07), aside from the BMX physics being changed back to last gen handling (backflips, slow wheelies and wall climbing all works) :). Still gotta do more testing.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:20:00 AM by VaNilla »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2015, 08:51:36 AM »

Absolutely this!  I've started saving the more comical ones to make a video to send to Rockstar and ask "wtf??"

I had one last night where I did a jump over a building - nothing big at all - but when I landed I hit a small barrier and I got thrown so high that I actually had time to pull my parachute before I landed.  It's way over the top.
the strange thing is, even though i get rocketed 100 feet in the air, 9 out of 10 times, i don't die. i don't think the game is registering the fall height or something.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »
Completed heists and bought everything I need on PS4. Going to start testing in depth soon, but right now I know that cars are exactly the same as 1.06 (car gliding is still gone), and BMX's now handle EXACTLY the same as last gen :D.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but I've fully tested PS4/XO. There are major differences between last gen and current gen that date back to the retail version of the game (car gliding, heli/plane/jet turbulence), but the majority of PS4/XO's issues have finally been solved, such as BMX handling and turbo customisation. Additionally, there are some vehicles that handle very differently on PS4/XO. Detailed notes coming soon, but generally speaking, it looks like PS4/XO is finally stable enough for stunting :).

UPDATE: Discovered a couple more things.
UPDATE 2: Exhausted literally everything I could come up with for testing. You may be surprised by some of the things I've found ;). Writing up now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:02:08 AM by VaNilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal