Author Topic: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)  (Read 18346 times)

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
Re: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 04:42:40 PM »
That's strange.  They're back to how they were on Monday on PS4.
Didn't the heist update come out on Monday?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 05:30:07 PM »
New update came out about 8 hours ago for both last gen (GTA V 1.22) and current gen (GTA V 1.08). To quote Rockstar Games, the new update merely includes "fixes for GTA Online to improve stability, and other minor fixes for both GTA Online and Story Mode". Will be testing the last gen update to ensure that everything's still working as soon as possible.

As for current gen consoles, I haven't had the chance to test them yet, so my notes will refer to the latest update instead of version 1.07. Please note that the update hasn't dropped for Xbox One yet, but it's safe to assume that it will get the same fixes as the PS4 version. It's also said that the BMX and motorbike physics have been fixed back to last gen handling, but once again, I won't confirm this until I've tested it for myself :).

GTA 5 BMX - THE BMX IS FIXED!!!!!!

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204348468--3-13-15-GTAV-Title-Update-1-22-PS3-Xbox-360-1-08-PS4-Xbox-One
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:22:59 PM by VaNilla »

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 05:42:07 PM »
New update came out about 8 hours ago for both last gen (GTA V 1.22) and current gen (GTA V 1.08). To quote Rockstar Games, the new update merely includes "fixes for GTA Online to improve stability, and other minor fixes for both GTA Online and Story Mode". Will be testing the last gen update to ensure that everything's still working as soon as possible.

As for current gen consoles, I haven't had the chance to test them yet, so my notes will refer to the latest update instead of version 1.07. Please note that the update hasn't dropped for Xbox One yet, but it's safe to assume that it will get the same fixes as the PS4 version. It's also said that the BMX and motorbike physics have been fixed back to last gen handling, but once again, I won't confirm this until I've tested it for myself :).

GTA 5 BMX - THE BMX IS FIXED!!!!!!

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204348468--3-13-15-GTAV-Title-Update-1-22-PS3-Xbox-360-1-08-PS4-Xbox-One
Sick, can't wait for it to drop on Xbox One, I hope the motorbikes are also fixed though.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 01:55:37 AM »
I'm a little bit worried about the Xbox One getting this fix, because there actually has been an update, I know this because a variety of glitches were fixed, and the Rockstar update page claims the update dropped for both consoles. Also, not many stunters play on the Xbox One it seems, and if we actually don't get the update over the next few days, it may never be fixed.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 02:08:21 AM »
I know this because a variety of glitches were fixed.

There are glitches that can be fixed server side, and glitches that have to be fixed client side. Generally speaking, anything that pertains to both single player and online can only be fixed by a local patch, because single player doesn't require access to the internet. Anything like GTA Online exploits can be fixed server side, unless they rely on files shared by single player like collision files. Rockstar has confirmed that they're still waiting on Microsoft to drop the 360/XO update.

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 02:27:09 AM »
That's strange.  They're back to how they were on Monday on PS4.
Didn't the heist update come out on Monday?

Nah, it was Tuesday.

I've had a play with both motorbikes and a BMX and they all seem fine.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 02:39:55 AM »
I know this because a variety of glitches were fixed.

There are glitches that can be fixed server side, and glitches that have to be fixed client side. Generally speaking, anything that pertains to both single player and online can only be fixed by a local patch, because single player doesn't require access to the internet. Anything like GTA Online exploits can be fixed server side, unless they rely on files shared by single player like collision files. Rockstar has confirmed that they're still waiting on Microsoft to drop the 360/XO update.
Ah, thank you. I've been shitting bricks over here.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »
yeah, this is bullshit. why would they fix ps4 but leave xbox1 stunters hanging? i was patient when i thought the fix would be a couple hours after, but this is just a slap in the face. they only fixed ps4 to silence fishy dizzle and his crew.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
yeah, this is bullshit. why would they fix ps4 but leave xbox1 stunters hanging? i was patient when i thought the fix would be a couple hours after, but this is just a slap in the face. they only fixed ps4 to silence fishy dizzle and his crew.
It is hopefully out right now, I'm downloading a 250 odd mb update as we speak. I'll confirm it in a sec when it's done.

Edit: Can confirm, both BMX and Motorbikes are now fixed on the Xbox One. Praise lord Fishy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:27:52 AM by BIGpoppaKEGdog »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
lol well fuck, i just made a twitter to blast R* for this shit. keepin my fingers crossed 

edit:awesome. time to stunt
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:30:17 AM by foresttravesty »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »
Two days ago, Broughy1322 released a video regarding the heists vehicles. Usually his videos are 100% accurate, that's why I watch them. However, his latest video included incorrect racing results for the Dinka Enduro.

Fastest Heists DLC Vehicles - Best Fully Upgraded Cars In GTA Online

This contradicted all of my testing, so I checked my results again. After this, I knew that he was wrong. Here's what transpired afterwards.

GTA V - Sanchez vs Enduro (@Broughy1322)

I don't mean to put him on blast, but hopefully this settles any doubts that people may have had. The Enduro is faster than the Sanchez, no question.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:44:59 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 04:48:12 AM »
I don't mean to put him on blast, but hopefully this settles any doubts that people may have had. The Enduro is faster than the Sanchez, no question.
Okay there, Paul ;) Hey just to point something out: you said "The Hydra is a little bit larger than the Lazer, significantly slower, and much less maneuverable". In a straight line, the Hydra is significantly faster than the Lazer. You can easily see just how much faster the Hydra is. But it is larger and heavier as you said, so it cannot turn as well as the Lazer. Hard as balls to kill skilled Lazer dogfighters if you're using a Hydra, but it can be done and it looks damn good :D

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 05:14:00 AM »
In a straight line, the Hydra is significantly faster than the Lazer. You can easily see just how much faster the Hydra is. But it is larger and heavier as you said, so it cannot turn as well as the Lazer.

I meant to say that it's slower while turning around, corrected :P.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
I assumed the test results for the bikes Broughy's video were due to the broken physics.

By the way, am I crazy or did they do something to improve the bikes over what they were before the Heist update? I swear I'm flipping faster, doing bigger wheelies, and getting more distance out of jumps. I've got no proof, so I'm not gonna say I AM doing these things better, but it sure feels like it.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
Well shit, looks like the Sanchez is faster on PS4. Broughy sent me a video using the Sanchez on the latest PS4 update, so I tested it too. Getting the exact same results as him. Double checked I'm fully upgraded on both consoles, so there's no chance of that causing the differences. Unfortunately, I can't source the handling.meta files from the PS4, so I'm going to have to compare lobby screen stats (he says the Sanchez has a higher top speed than the Enduro on PS4).

sanchezVenduro
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:27:42 PM by VaNilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal