Author Topic: Deceived..  (Read 12961 times)

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Deceived..
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 09:06:38 AM »
Needs better editing. Like the lightning thing.. It just looks noobish.. But the stuntes were great :D
That was PS work, and IMO the editing was fine, not full of annoying effects like many videos nowadays.
lol, I know everyone didn't like the orange effect thingy I put in my video, since everyone seems to be picking on that aspect every time I say the edit of their video was good, but still: The editing of your video wasn't good. That's the point. Not that you didn't put effects in it. It was simply not good.

That it was Ps work isn't an excuse. It didn't look good.

As allways, I'm not trying to hurt anyone. It's just my opinion.

.. but for the stunts, great work! :D

Oh, and what does 'IMO' mean?
The thing is GC you never say WHY the editing is not good. All my snychs were in time with the music, the camerawork apart from those stunts i mentioned were well done, there was slow mo when needed, speed up when needed, on the slower sections EG the BMX stunt I put a cold Sepia effect to make it go well with the music...

To be honest, I am saying this because i cannot find any way in which the editing could be considered below average.
Yeah, syncing was good and all that, but synching isn't all there is to videos. Synching is actually a very little part of editing. Look at many music videos and such and look at how they're synched.

Ok, I was just too lazy to say anything about why this time :P I think I told you alot the last time you gave out a video, but I'm not sure if that was you.

Here goes:

1. First, the intro was kinda cool, but you faded the shot out when the camera "Hit" CJ for no reason. There was no bang in the music that "said" you should've done that. The music was going as it had gone all the way from the start. It just faded, for no reason.

.. and then suddenly it comes back.. and nothing new happends.. It's still CJ standing there..

2. Then there's the lightning thing. It does look cool or real or anything. It just looks noobish. If you had to use lightning you should've used the in-game lightning. Like just used cam hack and wait till there's raining and shot till you get it. Now that would have been cool!

Oh, and you could've taken the time to make the "Name of the video"-picture full screen. If you look at the left and right top corner when that picture is there you'll see the lightning rays just stop. So that's also something that contributes to the "noobishness" of the whole lightning thingy.

3. When you make the sceen with the lightning and the name of the video and all, there's a small overlap from the next sceen (with CJ doing a grind). You can see CJ jump onto the grind behind the 'Name of the game'-picture (or sceen or whatever) in the left and right side of the screen.

4.This is a very small thing, and I'm not sure if it has anyting with the editing to do so this might be all wrong. There's some sort of white stripe that kinda blinks in the right buttom corner of the screen in the stunt at 1:33 (I think). It's not a big thing, but if it some sort of "left overs" of experimenting with the editing, you should've taken more time to go over the video to look for errors.

5. You started the taxi stunt (at 1:51) alittle too soon. We didn't get to see that start. It kinda starts when the taxi hit's the car and then jumps off it. So you should've started that shot alittle sooner, if you know what I mean.

6.Then theres the Sephia effect. It was a good idea and you choice the exact right time in the video to add it, but.. and this is my opinion.. it's alittle too grey. And you should've alittle better color choice for it.

I think you speed it up alittle too much at one point there too..

7. Then the stunt at 3:30. The music has these rapid bangs (if you know what I mean) at the end of that stunt. And you choice to put in that white flash effect at the point, right? But the first 3 or 4 "bangs" and the flashes at that moment arn't that all synchined. I thought you had just put one white flash over all those "bangs" instead of making a small gap between them. So in the music you have 3-4 bang, and in the video you have ONE long (if you can call it that) white flash.

You did put that last bang right though (the one AFTER the 3-4 bangs I was talking about. The one with the bass drum only).

8. The credits were ok, but I think you should've used alittle more time on making them alittle more special. You don't need to do much, but what you had there wa sjust the simple, plain, unoriginal scrolling credits. Nothing special just scrolling.

Not that theres anything wrong with that, but I think you should've put alittle more effort into them, cause credits are the least exiting part of the video, so you should've at least treid to make it at least alittle mroe exiting. I'm talking about nothing more then like maybe a white outline on some of the text or something like that.. It doesn't take much, but alittle mroe exitment would'nt hurt.

----

Now, that said, I'm not trying to hurt youor anything. Just trying to give constructive critism. I know I should tell everyone, not only the "grade" for the video, but also what I feel they should do to make it better, but if I were to say all this everytime I felt the editing wasn't too good, I'd simply be dead by now.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing about the credits:

- You used underline not only on the headlines, but on ALL of the text. Underlining should be used only the thing you want to bring out like the headlines..

Edit (again):

- There seems to be something behind the text in the credit, but it too dark. So if there IS something behind it you should've made it alittle more visible..
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:11:05 AM by Ghostchild »

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2005, 09:22:39 AM »
Cheers for that but to tell the truth i would call that nitpicking...anyone can find the slightest little thing wrong with a vid..I could do it for ANY video.

Firstly about the intro if you notice the song does a little dischord section when the camera blinks.

Secondly, I don't care if the lightning looked noobish, I thought it didn't and a mate of mine made it so I felt obliged to put it in. Then I tried to make the next transition work but whatever i did the clip started before the end of the "Deceived" title. I couldn't help that, maybe a problem in Vegas.

Your next point i didn't understand..I can't even notice what your talking about so it can't matter that much.

Your fifth point again is a nitpick. that was just a small filler taxi stunt so i could synch the vid better, nothing more.

Your next point is ok a good point, but it was hard to do, it was my first time in Vegas and it was close to being right..it was not one flash like you said.

Credits are credits. Who gives a FUCK.

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Deceived..
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »
Cheers for that but to tell the truth i would call that nitpicking...anyone can find the slightest little thing wrong with a vid..I could do it for ANY video.

Firstly about the intro if you notice the song does a little dischord section when the camera blinks.

Secondly, I don't care if the lightning looked noobish, I thought it didn't and a mate of mine made it so I felt obliged to put it in. Then I tried to make the next transition work but whatever i did the clip started before the end of the "Deceived" title. I couldn't help that, maybe a problem in Vegas.

Your next point i didn't understand..I can't even notice what your talking about so it can't matter that much.

Your fifth point again is a nitpick. that was just a small filler taxi stunt so i could synch the vid better, nothing more.

Your next point is ok a good point, but it was hard to do, it was my first time in Vegas and it was close to being right..it was not one flash like you said.

Credits are credits. Who gives a FUCK.
Well, you said you noticed that dischord NOW. You should've know about it when you made the video, but I'm going to assume that was just wrong typing. But still, I can't hear it, and I don't think many others can. So you should've know that peole would'nt hear it, and then NOT putting the fade out in the video. Cause you can't assume that people who hear the music for the first time will hear the smae small little details that one that has heared the same song a million times. Make sure peole that hear it for the first time DO hear what you hear.

You need to zoom in on the tracks in Vegas to correct those kinds of flaws.

If it wasn't one long flash, then what was it? And if it wasn't one flash, then you should've re-edited the video after you had watched the video outside of Vegas when you could see the problem, so that that would be fixed when you released it.

Still if it only were a filler you should've made the clip start earlier and the just speed it up alittle. Not alot work to do.

And about the credits: Exactly! Who gives a fuck?! No one does (unless they expect to be in it), but still everyone watches it. So, you should've made it more exiting. Cool intros makes a good first impresion, which is veeery important. Cool credits makes a good final impression, which is extremly important!

Oh, and if you think it's nitpicking.. Well, all these little, tiny, small errors or flaws make one BIG one. Think about it, if the Ats misspelled some of the names wrong, it didn't synch one or two times in the video, there was half a secund black gap in the video, on one filler you didn't get to see the stunt you only got to see the landing, and many such small problems. The video wouldn't  be half as good as they are. So you HAVE TO watch the viedo and look for the smallest errors, the things you don't even think the weivers will see. And when you see them you have to go fix them. Cause if you don't the video won't be half as good as it can..
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:50:15 AM by Ghostchild »

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 08:44:04 AM »
Filefront link is now here.

FF link

Offline darklord

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rgfx.hostingposts.com/
Deceived..
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 11:36:34 PM »
damn this movie had really sick stunts :o i really liked it. very good combo moves. no comments couse all the stunt are good.
this is a vid that gives mhuch inspiration :)
only bad point is the editting. it didnt feel good. you must take some more time with recording your stunts. just record a stunt and watch it in the fraps folder. i you see that you camera is in a wall or if you seee that its just didnt feel good record it again.
rating:

STUNTS: 9.5/10

editing: 6.5/10

music 9/10

total: 8/10  

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:11 PM »
Wow, who is this Omni dude? He's sick!...

But seriously, this is a year and 6 months old?  Still the LV packer 2 roof to bump is the best...

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »
Lmfao, what a bump.

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
Quote from: Aries
Lmfao, what a bump.
Are you talking about the LV to roof 2 bump?  
BTW i was trying that bump like a week before you released your vid.   I still remember cause it was such a sweet stunt.

Offline stuntman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://http:www.myspace.com/djobscureuk
Deceived..
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »
  dling

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »
You ain't seen it? ^

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
dling.

edit.
all the links are dead  p,ls reupppp...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:31:38 PM by KillaMarci »

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »
Quote from: KillaMarci
dling.

edit.
all the links are dead  p,ls reupppp...
Look at the vid reupload topic in the Marketplace, theres probably a link up there.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 10:33:54 AM »
Nice video man , i liked it 9/10 .
But whats the name ? In the topic titel its "Deceived" , in the vid intro its "Decieved"  , in the outo its "Deceived" again and on Youtube its "Decevied"  .

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Deceived..
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »
Deceived. I didn't notice I'd done that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal