Author Topic: XXL - Community Movie  (Read 26573 times)

Offline Payton Westlake

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »
[span style=\'color:red\']
[span style=\'color:#00FF00\']Maybe we should get d8cam to edit or whatever his name was? :P[/span]
That is Jordan head Admin at PlanetGTA.  He did their community vid "Miss This" a while back.  

I was thinking about DARKAN Productions.  If they are up to it.

Too bad I had to leave my computer and my current reps.  But I am down for a new vid.  Just let me land a good one.

-Payton Westlake[/span]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 04:14:22 PM by Chemical_HAZARD2049 »

Offline Dragon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2005, 05:38:36 PM »
Ok, I'm not sure if it is just me. But I've been trying to download this video for several days now and I keep getting  a 404 error when I click on the Direct Download link on the TheGamer'sAlliance page. Could somebody mirror this video please?

Offline Sam

• View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2005, 06:44:01 PM »
Ok, I'm not sure if it is just me. But I've been trying to download this video for several days now and I keep getting  a 404 error when I click on the Direct Download link on the TheGamer'sAlliance page. Could somebody mirror this video please?
I've had the same problem with everything relating to TGA. And I really want to see this fucking movie.

Offline Midnight

• View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2005, 02:47:46 AM »
Ok, I'm not sure if it is just me. But I've been trying to download this video for several days now and I keep getting  a 404 error when I click on the Direct Download link on the TheGamer'sAlliance page. Could somebody mirror this video please?
I've had the same problem with everything relating to TGA. And I really want to see this fucking movie.
same here.. FF please..  :(  

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2005, 05:11:53 AM »
TGA is down, FileFront is having problems, megaupload sucks....i think it's time for Fileplanet since their servers are somewhat good nowadays. :)

Offline Southern Finest

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.com
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2005, 05:21:53 AM »
TGA is down, FileFront is having problems, megaupload sucks....i think it's time for Fileplanet since their servers are somewhat good nowadays. :)
I think you're on drugs :)

[madman]

XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2005, 06:26:01 AM »
who isn`t?

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2005, 07:08:32 AM »
FilePlanet wouldn't host it coz of the soundtrack or some shit.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2005, 04:42:28 PM »
I think they probably will. Heck look at VRC (of pgta), whenever they review a vid it gets hosted on Fileplanet no problems, so I assume its possible. And also, the vids Jordan has made are on fileplanet.  

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2005, 04:49:01 PM »
well TGA is up again, no need for a fileplanet link :)  

Offline Dragon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2005, 06:56:25 AM »
The video was exellent. Very good editing and stunts, but I was kind of disappointed with the stunts because some of them could have been a lot better. A good bit was very good, but a few parts here and there disappointed me. Also, the soundtrack for the actual stunts didn't really seem to match the mood of the video and this video's supposed importance. But overall, I'd still highly recommend this video to other people.

Also, I must know, what and where did you get the audio for the introduction to the video. I've been looking around for sond files for those types of audio files with no success.

Offline marklund

• View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2005, 07:45:06 AM »
The video was exellent. Very good editing and stunts, but I was kind of disappointed with the stunts because some of them could have been a lot better. A good bit was very good, but a few parts here and there disappointed me. Also, the soundtrack for the actual stunts didn't really seem to match the mood of the video and this video's supposed importance. But overall, I'd still highly recommend this video to other people.

Also, I must know, what and where did you get the audio for the introduction to the video. I've been looking around for sond files for those types of audio files with no success.
He downloaded soundtracks from movies.
But we can't talk about warez on this forum, so schhh now about that. :)

Offline .priest

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2005, 09:40:38 AM »
I cant beleive that I missed this thread :P

I downloaded it, took like 5 minutes.

I can't play it.

I mean, I can. But it keeps lagging every 5 seconds.

I did try all of the media players that I have.

Winamp, WMP, Classic...

Grr.

What I got to see from the intro owned, thought.

[madman]

XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2005, 09:59:33 AM »
download videolan  bitch! :P

Offline Payton Westlake

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
XXL - Community Movie
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2005, 11:10:29 AM »
[span style=\'color:red\']Just watched it.

Nice editing Daffy.  Beginning was awesome as to how you incorporated the site's logo.  

Okay my review.

Intro was nice.  Music to it was great.  Sound was great.

Stunts and main part were okay.  I have seen better.  Some of the music syncing did catch me by surprise, but for this video and the mood at the beginning the track did not quite fit.  Also [span style=\'color:#00FF00\'][span style=\'color:#CCFF00\']
Anarchy[/span][/u][/span][/url] with [span style=\'color:#00FF00\']AMPT[/span] and [span style=\'color:#00FF00\']LiquidSnake[/span] did a better job with the editing potential with the same song.  The stunts were wowing to some degree.  Some were okay.  And I see a lack of community in the vid given the few stunters.  

I love Taxi stunts.  I really liked Danny's.

The outro was nice.  Although somewhat short.  Nice typos too.

Overall the video was good.  I would not say better than [span style=\'color:#8800FF\'][span style=\'color:#FFFF00\']
Miss This[/span][/u][/span][/url] though.  That one was longer and included more community in it.  Better is some areas, but lacking in others.

I was kinda hoping the XXL being a community video would be more prolonged to concentrate on the community.  Jordan made PlanetGTA feel like royalty with his dedication.  Not that this was demeaning, just a slight lacking.  But given the history I have no complaints.

Nice job.

8.2/10

-Payton Westlake
[/span]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 02:27:09 PM by Chemical_HAZARD2049 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal