Author Topic: GTA V stuntsing by Hedgehog  (Read 8748 times)

Offline Glen1992

• View Profile
Re: GTA V stuntsing by Hedgehog
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:33 AM »
man this place is bitchy these days what happened to just stunting for fun so what if he didn't land the highest spots or used the slow mo im sure he had fun making the video and finding the spots im sure people didn't get into stunting just to try and impress a bunch of people they don't know its all about enjoying what you do

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »
Whether it's used on the bump or the run up, I don't really see any difference since both are meant to "secure" your stunt. Not that you couldn't handle it, but because you didn't want to have to take any effort. It doesn't need as much concentration and brain use, which means no quick reactiveness required and therefore less stress.

I think it was SS who pointed out that some stunts are simply impossible without the use of slowmo, e.g. stunts where you need to turn a sharp corner right before a bump (where without slowmo in high speed you'd crash into a wall, and with slower speeds reaching the height required would be impossible) . In such cases I'd say the use of slowmo has nothing to do with not wanting to make an effort.

And yes, Daffy, you do indeed sound like a bitter cunt :lol:

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »
You are funny guys....  :lol: and you Daffy? srsly? I don't like that slowmo ability either but come on, that dude landed some good stuff and posted it here because it was definately fun landing them, but you all are bitching like there were the only spots in the whole map... THIS is why this place is going to shit + modding accusations.

Good video man, try not to use the slowmo ability next time  :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:56:51 AM by krs »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »
I love you as a stunter but come on man, really? The map is fucking huge, even if he took one of your stunts or even 5, you can find double that and double the quality, you're Daffy for fuck sake.
That's not the point and you know it so skip the pep-talk, if a video this bad had been put out 6-7 years ago where someone lamed a ton of the spots other people were trying the community would have eaten this dude alive for stepping on so many toes.
I'm not saying that's necessarily good but the opinion I'm sharing which is obviously not very popular (fucking hipsters), comes from a perspective of love for real stunting where I want to be able to appreciate the tremendous feeling of landing something spectacular that I've been pushing myself for quite a while to do something impressive.
If 'good-enough' is good enough for some of you that's fine, but it takes something away from what I do and enjoy doing so please try to understand why I'm not taking this lightly.

I know it's a lot of hours wasted but how many stunts do you have bottled up that you spent hours or even years on that you haven't shown or will ever show? It must be depressing seeing that, but we'll still enjoy watching your final product regardless if it was lamed or not beforehand.
That's very subjective, even more so for those who are making an effort to make the best out of a spot.
To give you a comparison I was never one of those who were really opposed to what New Breed where doing, it wasn't my cup of tea but their stunts didn't take away from my spots since they did something different.

Stunting should be about the fun of landing a spot and having fun with your friends doing it, getting a big group and working on a project together and finally seeing your thoughts become a reality.
That's what stunting is to me and that's what I'm trying to do, but people who goes for quantity instead of quality makes that a grueling struggle which becomes a constant road-block for the process of actually making something worthwhile.

But if it means that much to you then scrap the stunt and land something else, it's a big map man, you never know what you might find in the strangest of places.
Sure man, I'd like to see you or anyone else happily drop spots they're having fun trying because some fucking imbecile shits on every good idea you had, boy would that really motivate you. You know this is bullshit and it's easy to say as long as you're not affected by it.

Also this is another discussion entirely but I really don't think the GTAV map is that big to be honest.
I've memorized most of Los Santos already and GTASA had 3 big cities, this has just 1 where 4/5 of the map is just open country-side.

---

You are funny guys....  :lol: and you Daffy? srsly? I don't like that slowmo ability either but come on, that dude landed some good stuff and posted it here because it was definately fun landing them, but you all are bitching like there were the only spots in the whole map... THIS is why this place is going to shit + modding accusations.

1. He landed stunts anyone that as a basic understand of GTAV can land in 5 tries, if you don't know how GTAV works I suggest you don't try to come of as if you do.
2. When did easy become synonymous with fun, I think it's way more fun to make the most out of something than spit out a carbon copy of another carbon copy like a Chinese factory worker.
3. This place is going to shit because of this celebration/over-protection we have for mediocre/sub-standard stunts that requires virtually no creativity nor dedication to do, the only thing this video showed was that bumps are possible but it did no way whatsoever tap into their potential and the celebration of that is sad as shit since it shows everyone else that a dogshit video will get just as much praise as a good video so why even make a fucking effort anymore so when someone finally does something good you all cry mods because you fuckers don't know any better.

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 02:32:24 AM »
Dude seriously what's your problem? There were and will be guys who lands easy stunts, always. He is not a well known stunter in this community and probably didn't even know that he "can't" use slowmo because it's "lame"  :|
You act like a child, for you stunting is about finding epic and creative spots that require skills and many hours to land, for him it might be just fun to land easy stunts and you can't just call him IMBECILE because he had the same idea as you but didn't want to spend hours on it. You can still land them to the higher part or so, and yeah I DO play gtaV and i know its possibilities and the spots in the video weren't super creative as you mentioned so everybody could think of(i really liked one though) chill the fuck out, or go get wasted because some newcomer lamed your spot in a fucking game

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
Labelling slowmo as outright "lame" ignores the fact that we're stunting on consoles. I'm not saying you need slow motion for any of the stunts in this video (they're not hard), but I guess a lot of you will really hate some of my stunts if you dislike slow motion :lol:. Regardless, in every case where I've used it, it's been for a good reason, or for style. Painting everyone into a corner whereby they can't use an ability built into the game is not a smart way to go about things.

Here's what I plan to do with the PC version (if slow motion can be toggled on/off in replays). Still just use the ability when necessary, but record the stunt with the ability off. Then, record it again with slow motion on, rotoscope out the slow motion trails, and have the trails show up alone at full speed to signify when slow motion was used. Until then, make your own judgements, but be realistic :cc_detective:

EDIT: Also, it's worth pointing out that some of you may not fully understand the slow motion ability. Let me list off a few benefits for you.

1. Using the ability in short bursts allows you to quickly accelerate up to max speed (in cars).
2. Significantly increases traction and cornering, allowing you to land stunts that would otherwise be impossible. It's also very important to use the traction to your advantage, to get more/less height from ramps. Additionally, you can use the traction to pull wheelies on stunts that are impossible without using the ability. Finally, some grinds are impossible to lock without the slow motion ability (traction).
3. Avoiding traffic in runups where the stunt is already blisteringly hard (a console thing).
4. Avoiding bails from high drops into the ground (provided that you lean back slightly).
5. Improved burst height from some bumps.
6. The list goes on.

Some of you guys look at this and just see the "slow motion", but there's a whole level of strategy to this ability that you will only learn by using it. Daksad stated that "it allows more casual players to do the same tricks as we do", but that's wrong. That's the attitude of someone who's unwilling to change as the environment is changing around them. Sure, they can do the tricks that we used to do, but they still wont be able to do anything at the highest level of stunting, where slow motion is the enabler. Expand your horizons, or prepare to be outcast by newcomers who don't give a shit about stubborn, rigid guidelines created 6 years ago :ajaja:.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:58:34 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:16 AM »
krs: I'm not sure I see the correlation between wanting to see and do something impressive, and seeing much of that effort canceled out.
If you can't comprehend how someone would react in a negative way towards that you're not acknowledging that people do respond or have an emotional reaction to what they see.
Sure I could suppress my emotions and give you a robitic political correct answer where I weigh all the pro's and con's and take everyones perspective into account but that would be dishonest since I'm describing how I feel and what my perspective is.
If you don't feel the same way that's fine, but calling someone a child because the have a natural reaction to something that frustrates them is one of those psuedo-intellectual techniques that's only utilized to further atagonize the person you are responding to and is a dishonest discussion technique.
Sure, I'm not a shining beacon on how to civilly discuss a matter but we're not civillized creatures, we're a ancient prime-ape with a even more outdated operating system trying to adapt to this modern society and the manners and expectations that are put on us but sometimes we feel so fucking strongly about something that our vision narrows down how we're able to express ourselves.

Obviously you have nothing invested in these spots, nor this engine at the time it seems, but condemning someone for that is also very narrow-minded, I think I expressed myself rather fairly in my last post on the previous page but since that didn't fit into your world view on how to react to something that undermines ones effort you had overemphasize my complaints and make a big deal out of it when I just tried to express my problems with it, if you can't deal with that I don't know what you're doing at a forum.
What's good to you isn't necessarily good to me, can you please get that it's subjective?
And for the record, he isn't a newcomer though he's been relatively quiet at the forums, he's good enough to what's good and what's not and how it might upset someone.

Stunter's From Hell - Reprise
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:46:45 AM by Daffy »

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 03:21:37 AM »
I love you as a stunter but come on man, really? The map is fucking huge, even if he took one of your stunts or even 5, you can find double that and double the quality, you're Daffy for fuck sake.
That's not the point and you know it so skip the pep-talk, if a video this bad had been put out 6-7 years ago where someone lamed a ton of the spots other people were trying the community would have eaten this dude alive for stepping on so many toes.
I'm not saying that's necessarily good but the opinion I'm sharing which is obviously not very popular (fucking hipsters), comes from a perspective of love for real stunting where I want to be able to appreciate the tremendous feeling of landing something spectacular that I've been pushing myself for quite a while to do something impressive.
If 'good-enough' is good enough for some of you that's fine, but it takes something away from what I do and enjoy doing so please try to understand why I'm not taking this lightly.

I know it's a lot of hours wasted but how many stunts do you have bottled up that you spent hours or even years on that you haven't shown or will ever show? It must be depressing seeing that, but we'll still enjoy watching your final product regardless if it was lamed or not beforehand.
That's very subjective, even more so for those who are making an effort to make the best out of a spot.
To give you a comparison I was never one of those who were really opposed to what New Breed where doing, it wasn't my cup of tea but their stunts didn't take away from my spots since they did something different.

Stunting should be about the fun of landing a spot and having fun with your friends doing it, getting a big group and working on a project together and finally seeing your thoughts become a reality.
That's what stunting is to me and that's what I'm trying to do, but people who goes for quantity instead of quality makes that a grueling struggle which becomes a constant road-block for the process of actually making something worthwhile.

But if it means that much to you then scrap the stunt and land something else, it's a big map man, you never know what you might find in the strangest of places.
Sure man, I'd like to see you or anyone else happily drop spots they're having fun trying because some fucking imbecile shits on every good idea you had, boy would that really motivate you. You know this is bullshit and it's easy to say as long as you're not affected by it.

Also this is another discussion entirely but I really don't think the GTAV map is that big to be honest.
I've memorized most of Los Santos already and GTASA had 3 big cities, this has just 1 where 4/5 of the map is just open country-side.

---

1. He landed stunts anyone that as a basic understand of GTAV can land in 5 tries, if you don't know how GTAV works I suggest you don't try to come of as if you do.
2. When did easy become synonymous with fun, I think it's way more fun to make the most out of something than spit out a carbon copy of another carbon copy like a Chinese factory worker.
3. This place is going to shit because of this celebration/over-protection we have for mediocre/sub-standard stunts that requires virtually no creativity nor dedication to do, the only thing this video showed was that bumps are possible but it did no way whatsoever tap into their potential and the celebration of that is sad as shit since it shows everyone else that a dogshit video will get just as much praise as a good video so why even make a fucking effort anymore so when someone finally does something good you all cry mods because you fuckers don't know any better.

I agreed with everything you said and I in no way meant to come off as some sort of allknowingjackass. To be brutally fair though Daffy, this is the best gta V video out so far so it will be perceived a lot greater than it really is, you have to understand that.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:13 AM »
I agreed with everything you said and I in no way meant to come off as some sort of allknowingjackass. To be brutally fair though Daffy, this is the best gta V video out so far so it will be perceived a lot greater than it really is, you have to understand that.

If that were the case, we'd all remember a lot of those videos from the very beginning of SA much more clearly :P. We remember Neo's first SA solo, not many of the other videos that came out around that time. In the same way, the ones who actually put in the effort from the start are the ones who will reap the rewards with GTA V.

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:42 AM »
Yet it's always the one who land shit ass bails and retarted low air "stunts" that get 3 million views on youtube while Wasteland heroes get stuck around the 30k mark.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »
Yet it's always the one who land shit ass bails and retarted low air "stunts" that get 3 million views on youtube while Wasteland heroes get stuck around the 30k mark.

Because they know how to market themselves; look at the title of any mega hit popular video. It's not "DEVIATE" or "Neurologianehjsbngisbggs". It's saying hey, here's some stunts in GTA V, take a look! Name your videos "GTA V Stunt Montage - NAME" on YouTube if you want people to watch them without finding a forum first, it's that simple.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 04:07:57 AM »
Well so far it's the only video that the gtastunting community has produced so there's nothing really to compare it against for the viewers who aren't as familiar with GTAV as for instance Shadowsniper is already so I don't want to fault anyone for that as for many this is the first video that shows that GTAV has potential.
The concern that I have is that this might have been rushed a bit too much for it's own and GTAV's good in terms of stunting as I worry it might lay a foundation and set the bar too low so that others might follow in the same footsteps and people losing good spots becomes a problem.
I'd like to circumvent that by putting out a really solid video but during that 'sprint' towards that finish line I feel like videos like this has the potential kinda give some low blows to the knees during that sprint if that comparison works.

On the other hand I totally get those who see this as an elitist attitude as well, as they're coming from a place of kindness where they don't like to see someone like Hedgehog getting bashed for putting out a video he might be excited to put out and I'd like to give that kindness my full support, but it creates a conflict of interest when he lands the lower part of a roof that I'm trying to top.
If Hedgehog wants to keep making GTAV videos he has my full support, all I'd like is a little broader thinking in terms of "maybe someone is trying the harder/higher of this roof that I landed" which I think would be a nice way to acknowledge that we're part of a community that's been a platform for stunting to grow and people to showcase their 'craft' so to speak.

And if someone in this position does not think about that or wants to put this restraints on themselves for what I consider the greater good, that is their choice too but people getting upset also comes with the territory, that's just a fact.
That said I hope this doesn't discourage Hedgehog too much, I've exchanged some PM's with him before and he seems like a nice fella and I hope he sees this as an incentive to improve though I do realize I could have been more encouraging too, that's on me for sure.
krs is still an obnoxious hipster though :lol:

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »
Anyone who hasn't played GTA V, please don't try and justify its use.

The reason I don't like the ability is because it makes stunts so fucking easy. There are exceptions obviously, like SS mentioned, and I believe there are very good reasons to use it in moderation, especially on consoles.

BUT all the stunts seen in this video can easily be landed in 1-3 tries with the ability.

Just think about that for a minute, a second even, and realise how low the skill ceiling is when the ability is abused.

I'm not hating on the vid, it was a cool watch, yet very unimpressive.

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:42 AM »
I'm not  :lol: and yeah i shouldn't have called you a child and I'm sorry for that cause you're obviously not a child, but you seemed like you think you are right with insulting or blaming someone for laming a spot and everybody's wrong and the world so brutal so i have to be harsh blah blah, it isn't about any world of kindness or something, really. Everybody's saying omg the community is dying what now etc. + You do realize that GTA V is still new to us somehow and the majority didn't even give it a shot yet, OK he's not a newcomer, that new account misled me,but commenting on that video: so lame... won't help him understand why you couldn't enjoy his video, I'm referring to the fact that he probably didn't read all gtaV related topics, I guess that motivating people and giving them tips, criticizing  constructively would be more fruitful for the community, than simply calling them, or us as I'm also new to the gta 5 world, fuckers or shits.

Glad your last posts were less harsh, guess you were just pissed writing previous ones. No need to fight you know

I'm not a hipster
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:56:50 AM by krs »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 06:16:44 AM »
I'm not a hipster
I meant that as a silly joke just to say I'm not holding a grudge, but yeah sorry for getting carried away and everything, and I agree that first post of mine was fucking retarded  :jajaja:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal