Author Topic: [GTAV] First Impressions  (Read 2034 times)

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
[GTAV] First Impressions
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
Some of us, like e.g. me, already have the game or at least watched a few livestreams.

So, what are your first impressions on the game?

I have only played for like an hour so far, did only the first two Franklin missions; and I have yet to explore Blaine county as well as LS itself, but damn it feels amazing to be home. The city feels very alive and functions completely on its own, this is a whole new level of immersion. I also love the atmospheres the music score creates, very reminiscent of Max Payne 3. Speaking of which, the shooting mechanics feel exceptionally great because they're essentially those of MP3.

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
Re: [GTAV] First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
amazon preorder, never again <_<

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
I also preordered via amazon and they had sent it already on Saturday, Deutsche Post or Hermes?

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
Going to bed early, gonna jog to the el-store tomorrow morning to buy it (releases in 12hours)

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a game, but I have to admit I have a tingly feeling inside of me now :euro:  :cheernutz:

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »
Somebody bump something.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
Already played around with it on a torrented Ps3 version, trying to get it working on PC (emulator) but it seems to be outright impossible. Going for midnight release, so needless to say sleep will be scarce for the next few days.

And goddamn R* for not releasing a PC version simultaneously with console, gluttonous bastards.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:32:16 PM by Noah »

Offline Sasha Dotterkletch

• Worst stunter of South America
    • View Profile
    • 3d gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LlVwzq9fJyI#t=298 look at 5:00. look at the collision how it bounces, as far as i can see, they improved 100% the handling, plus, it's still bouncy, so I believe that is stunteable.

damn I really want to see someone try something

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
By looks of the leaks and streams car stunting should be poss but I still haven't seen much motorbike action, can't wait for my copy tomorrow (well today). Gonna get a feel of the game and story first before I jump right into stunting though :mellow:.

Offline Sasha Dotterkletch

• Worst stunter of South America
    • View Profile
    • 3d gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
slayer... your stunter butt wont resist to crash onto a rock or something that looks bumpeable... IT WONT. also the cars take a lot less visual damage. so you wont be healing it all the time

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »
The vehicle handling is just god awful  :( They went from 1 extreme with IV being boats on shopping carts to this which feels like I'm playing Saints Row... I could get used to the handling alone even though they've gone too far in the sticky direction *it's nice with big heavy cars as michael and prolly trevor*
Driving up gutters just push the saints row side, it's like there's a magnet under a table pulling a car along, you don't bounce one bit which is just.. it hurt me inside..

Bike physics *only rode one as franklin granted* is IV's terrible bike handling but you're glued to the road.
Getting air feels like saints row too, I don't know how they managed to go from fantastic bike controls in VC/SA *different for stunting but overall were quite similar* to painfully jagged in IV to both jagged and slot car-ey in V

The absolute worst was getting in a BF injection and driving on a mountain.. it just stays wheels down no matter what. I saw a clip of it online before playing it but it just hurt inside actually having GTA become saints row..

Something else they've done is dumb down damage waaaay too much. The damage now feels again like Saints Row, you can slam head first into walls *no more flying out the windshield..* and the front of the car looks the same with some ripples, it takes some INSANE damage to actually get anything noticeable and it doesn't fit the crash.. IV was too easy to destroy a car but now I'm playing Saints Row which I could never get used to the driving and hated the damage..
Kicking a car as any character damages it more than a full speed collision. 2 kicks and there's a large dent, big crash and there are some slight ripples.

In saying all that, I'll still be playing the game because I'm a bitch, the story seems great so far and the ragdoll is extremely fun to muck around with but I'm extremely disappointed.

I was also hoping they'd expand on interacting with objects like in IV but so you could pick up trash cans and other small/medium objects but nope, as far as I know you can't even pick up bricks any more, so there's little to no interactivity with the world except with pre scripted things no doubt.. I'm devistated.. sure we'll still be able to stunt but the GTA charm is entirely gone.. seriously, go get a BF injection and drive down a mountain only to be stuck on your wheels no matter what. Fucking hell R* it's been years and I don't really even want to play the game..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal