Author Topic: [Round 1 - VC] MxZz x Tracker - MxZz wins (3-2)  (Read 4005 times)

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
Re: [Round 1 - VC] MxZz x Tracker
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
c'mon guys.. Why are the judge always taking so long...

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
Oh well, one entry had the looks, the other one had the creativity. MxZz, I enjoyed the way you created the intro to spend some time of the song to get to the part you actually wanted to use. Most of the effects consisted in uses of flashes and TV simulators, which is a let-down considering the potential you have. Except that, I actually like some angles, specially the ones for the infernus stunt.

As for Tracker, you did something clean, but were quite lazy in the camera angles. The color-correction you made was quite beautiful for VC engine, and it was quite nice to see that you showed the whole stunts without changing the angles several times.

Voting for Tracker

Offline D.JacK

• View Profile
    • My youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
Look forward to the outcome
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:57:47 PM by D.JacK »

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 03:10:05 AM »
Well what could I say... Frankly both of them were nicely done, all the characterisations of a good editing are shown by both of you.

Tracker: The effects were nicely done and very light that made the video looks clean despite the genre of music. The CC was mindblowing, its warmth made the video looks even more spectacular. The camera angles were nicely and cleanly done as we always look for. Also the mikeymouse's image character was a nice idea.

MxZ: The intro was a bit long. The CC was colourfully purple that gave the video a fresh atmosphere. The effect fitted well to this editing's genre and music's genre aswell. The camera angles were nicely done but zooming it a bit in a part via pan/crop made it looks kinda of low quality.

My vote goes to Tracker (it isn't a matter of hatred and such relative things, it is just a matter of judging)

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
The low quality was not about the p/c but mainly because of my computer which was not able to render 720p. Trust me, if it was able to render the 720p, you could have been impressed by the quality. Nevermind, as I said, you won it brah! Goodjob. C:

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »
Tracker: Didn't really like the colors, there was way too much diffusion making them seem way too soft & dreamlike, the saturation itself was quite nice & it did accentuate the game quite nicely, it was just covered with way too thick layer of cream like softness. The overall clip was quite nice, filled with nice energy & some really well blended effects, I liked the way you transitioned out of some of them with a slight, descending flashes, it really felt right. The start of the first stunt felt a bit forced, the effect should've slightly descended, instead it was really samey all through the sound sample & then just kind of stopped. Didn't like the angle you used on the first stunt, it felt way too weak & plain for the editing it accompanied. I did however, like the angles on the 2nd stunt, they were really well placed & felt incredibly fitting to what was going on, I especially loved the little zoom in at the end of the stunt with that color change effect. Not really much to say about the 3rd stunt, the angles were solid & the effects very fitting, it wasn't too much, it was just enough to make for a really nice flow & they were depicted quite accurately to the music.

MxZ: Those cinematic shots  :o Absolutely magnificent, also loved the colors that just accentuated them so much, really great job on that stuff, it felt so fluent & simply looked incredible. The one thing I didn't like was the flashes, they felt too grainy & unfitting, you should've made them a lot sharper & blended with the vid, like an add or overlay compositing that actually make them seem like a part of the vid, instead of looking like being slapped on the vid in post. Other than that, I genuinely have no other complaints, the rest of the vid is pure gold, every effect & angle just feel so damn in place, I feel more energized just by watching it, it just flows so well & doesn't seem to have any moodstoppers, really solid work you've put out!

Vote goes to MxZ

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
:D I fucking jizz your constructive critism man. Anyway, as I was wondering, how do we do now? Is it a tie match? Because there are 4 judges, and we've got 2:2 atm. hem.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
:D I fucking jizz your constructive critism man. Anyway, as I was wondering, how do we do now? Is it a tie match? Because there are 4 judges, and we've got 2:2 atm. hem.

We should probably ask Phamus, since he's the organizer.

Offline Phamus

• Board Mods
  • WaroW Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
Tracker: Really admire your range of possibilities. You clearly shown how you have a range of different styles in the world of editing. I was amazed by the amount of ideas you have input within your entry. Really great job, should be proud of your produced work.

MxZz: Well what more can I say, typical you. Your over-editing techniques are beyond-belief! Astonishing ways to link the music effectively with the effects, everything was well fitted, only downside was the bug, but all in all it was a nice entry.

Both very good entries, both really impressive.

Consistency is important, which is what MxZz has, but on the other hand, capabilities are too, So my vote goes to MxZz but I was close to vote for Tracker.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal