Author Topic: GTA V Spectator Mode For Consoles (PS3+Xbox)  (Read 3305 times)

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
GTA V Spectator Mode For Consoles (PS3+Xbox)
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
I'm simply starting this topic as I wondered what your thoughts are on rockstar giving the console users a way of spectating, or watching back their gameplay to get some nice camera angles for videos. I just find it unfair how the computer version of the game have access to these forms of angles and playback options, whereas console users don't. I understand GTA games are relatively large, and maybe a console will struggle to playback say a couple of hours of gameplay from its hardrive, but with consoles going up to and beyond 300GB of hardrive space, surely they can begin to think about creating a playback option? It could be as simple as the Call Of Duty playback option, or something like the FIFA instant replay option where there is a selection of camera angles on different objects. The possibilities are endless, but I just think it will be helpful if they provided us console users with some form of playback option, I'd like to know your opinions on this.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: GTA V Spectator Mode For Consoles (PS3+Xbox)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »
If other games have this option then i don't see why they cannot be bothered add it as well. Adding options like that i think makes game more popular because people can make montages etc.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »
Some PC players say turning clip capture OFF improves FPS, so that may be an issue as well.

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
If other games have this option then i don't see why they cannot be bothered add it as well. Adding options like that i think makes game more popular because people can make montages etc.

Yeah i agree, the only reason i can think of that rockstar have decided to keep it out is simply the size of the game, it might be such a huge game that a console simply can't cope with the playback time. But if they do find a way to make it easy for us to use then it will make it a lot more popular for directors and editors alike.

Some PC players say turning clip capture OFF improves FPS, so that may be an issue as well.

The FPS would probabky be an issue yeah, but i'm sure people would agree that if you turned it on for say 5 minutes, maybe even 2, thats enough for a director or whatever to simply go around the map and shoot some nice angles and clips of buildings, cars, people, anything, thats all we would need

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
How do you know they're not going to do that with V? Up until IV, GTA games only ever had the replay function, which is fairly limited. But IV gave players the option of being able to manipulate replays in ways you never could before, giving players the chance to easily create machinima without the use of modding tools. The obvious choice for testing out whether or not that would be popular with players would be the PC port. So maybe now, with increasing popularity of online communities for the 360 and PS3, they'll make the decision to incorporate features for playback and recording on the consoles. I don't know that it would be a hardware limitation thing, because there are dozens of car racing games out there that can playback an entire race, regardless of how long. The sticking point thus far has most likely been - what's the point? But now that consoles have 250gig hard disks and sharing online is much easier, I wouldn't be surprised if V has the ability to save and capture in-game content.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
^ They replay feature has been on the PC versions since GTA III (i think?) and all the games after haven't included the replay feature on console.
You have a very good point, new consoles have better hardware and a lot bigger hardrives so now they should have no excuse!. If they had the replay feature on consoles I would be tempted to buy it on console and PC if friends played it (Hope your listening Rockstar!)

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »
How do you know they're not going to do that with V? Up until IV, GTA games only ever had the replay function, which is fairly limited. But IV gave players the option of being able to manipulate replays in ways you never could before, giving players the chance to easily create machinima without the use of modding tools. The obvious choice for testing out whether or not that would be popular with players would be the PC port. So maybe now, with increasing popularity of online communities for the 360 and PS3, they'll make the decision to incorporate features for playback and recording on the consoles. I don't know that it would be a hardware limitation thing, because there are dozens of car racing games out there that can playback an entire race, regardless of how long. The sticking point thus far has most likely been - what's the point? But now that consoles have 250gig hard disks and sharing online is much easier, I wouldn't be surprised if V has the ability to save and capture in-game content.

It would be great if they do incorporate a playback feature into the game, its what us console gamers need in order to create the great videos you see across this forum. Without it we're simply showing you our personal views of the clips, and thats pretty much it, it can make us seem like terrible players simply because you can't quite see what we've had to do in order to complete the stunt. I do know someone who has been invited to test out GTA V and i'll be able to come back with information as soon as i've got all the details, but one sneaky piece of informaiton you may not have heard yet, is that they are placing in a feature in which you have to put petrol into your cars, heading back to the realism of life. Also you have to fill your planes with petrol in order to fly them, and of course you can't fly round for hours, or drive in a car for hours without stopping for gas, so that's exactly what you have to do. I'll post a new topic as soon as i get all the details dudes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal