Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145585 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #735 on: September 03, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »
There's lots of promising shows next season.
I've heard a lot of talk about "Little Busters" that could be one.
And there's the new KyoAni show, cute girl with doing cute things and not so cute things.
aaand "Shin Sekai Yori" also looks awesome.

and of course "Girl und Panzer"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:18:14 PM by Simon »

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2012, 05:34:02 AM »
watch airing anime.. sounds tough for me, I was scratching out my eyes while waiting for Mirai Nikki. would be a great idea tho, we could watch it on some site together with voicechat, it would be priceless

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
Just finished Shiki.

To be honest I had bigger expectations for this.. like more fighting and action instead playing self detective.
Also the "Shiki's" aka. vampires disappointed me a lot, after watching something with "real" vampires.
First, vampires cries out blood not ordinary tears. Second, vampires are suppose to be really fast, but here even snail could catch them running away.
I know I'm bitching about trivial flaws but still.. it bothered me that much.

And it gets into real action over halfway through the show like ep.16 after that I enjoyed it.
What else...  most bloody/brutal scenes made me grin like. I enjoy killing and slaughtering with bonus some women screaming :ajaja:

Longer "review" this time.
Sorry for my grammar mistakes.

What should I watch next? These are just something I've listed "Plan to Watch"

Azumanga Daioh
Hellsing
Death Note
Durarara!!
ef - a tale of melodies.
Hajime no Ippo
Strike Witches 2
Upotte!!
Yuru Yuri ♪♪

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
I'm not too much into vampires in the first place, but I can't remember anything about them being fast.

Also a question, did you watch the specials? They might have been in the download of the show, as they are episodes that they couldn't air on TV. Some of the more brutal scenes are in there. And also a question, who did you side with? Humans or Shikis?
Also that scene with the doctor cutting up his wife was quite disturbing wasn't it?

I say you watch Upotte!, it's only 10 episodes, 20 minutes each and a fun watch.
but to actually recommend something I would say Katanagatari, 12 episodes, 45 minutes each and a must watch in my opinion.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
Death Note is still a must watch.
after L dies it's crap, tho

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »
Death Note is still a must watch.
after L dies it's crap, tho
That's when I dropped it

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
I'm not too much into vampires in the first place, but I can't remember anything about them being fast.
Well I've seen True Blood completely and vampires are fucking fast in that one I tell you :ajaja:

Also a question, did you watch the specials? They might have been in the download of the show, as they are episodes that they couldn't air on TV. Some of the more brutal scenes are in there. And also a question, who did you side with? Humans or Shikis?
Also that scene with the doctor cutting up his wife was quite disturbing wasn't it?
I watched specials like 20.5 and 21.5 that's how it was called. Really nice :)
Shiki's all the way. Humans sucks and I'm fucking glad Sunako survived :3
Yeah cutting and doing crazy experiments to your wife while she is being tied and helpless. Ohh yeah.

I say you watch Upotte!, it's only 10 episodes, 20 minutes each and a fun watch.
but to actually recommend something I would say Katanagatari, 12 episodes, 45 minutes each and a must watch in my opinion.
Thanks I'm sure I check Katanagatari out some day and Upotte!! since its short alright, one-night case.

Offline insLain

• Veteran Member
  • I ain't even mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »
Sheep, just watch Death Note! You won't regret this  :ajaja:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 04, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »
watch airing anime.. sounds tough for me, I was scratching out my eyes while waiting for Mirai Nikki. would be a great idea tho, we could watch it on some site together with voicechat, it would be priceless
>Streaming
No thanks. Just having a show we all watch is good enough for me, though I won't stop you guys if you want to stream it.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪
This.

Sheep, just watch Death Note! You won't regret this  :ajaja:
And this. But YY comes first.

Also, LB! was a nice suggestion from Simon, but Minami-ke 4 is also coming. If anyone here has watched the first 3 seasons then maybe we could add that to our list.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 04, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Well I've seen True Blood completely and vampires are fucking fast in that one I tell you :ajaja:
Well I was thinking mostly like old Vampire stories, not comparing it to today's vampires, because they are also fast in twilight. Which is way off the "real" vampires I was thinking of when watching the show.

I watched specials like 20.5 and 21.5 that's how it was called. Really nice :)
Shiki's all the way. Humans sucks and I'm fucking glad Sunako survived :3
Yeah cutting and doing crazy experiments to your wife while she is being tied and helpless. Ohh yeah.
Not to mention she didn't know what had happened, when she went through the transformation the shiki's didn't get a hold of her to tell her what the fuck happened. So all she knew was that she woke up, tied down while her husband cut her and shit. One of the more disturbing scenes I've seen, not like disturbing to watch, but disturbing in my head. Putting myself in that situation kinda thing...

And yeah I guess you should watch Death Note as well. it was good at first but then just fell inward on itself, but for all I know you might like it.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 04, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »
Yuru Yuri ♪♪
This.
Think I'll wait till its completely aired. Give me a call when it is.

Offline BG hitman

• Veteran Member
  • Zali-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »
finished Angel Beats but didn't watch the OVA episode and the 13.5 episode which is 2 min lol but gonna watch them now  :P

next anime should be Gurren Lagann or Cowboy Bebop  :cc_detective: :hmm:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »
finished Angel Beats but didn't watch the OVA episode and the 13.5 episode which is 2 min lol but gonna watch them now  :P
Dude tell me more :( Did you liked it? Fav characters? etc etc. :unsure:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 04, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
I just had a small idea. Since most of the people here watch anime that have already finished airing years ago and just mention their progress about it here, how about we all follow at least one anime together next season? We'd have a real tea party except without the tea lol. It's also a chance for people who watch a lot of older anime to interact with some modern anime.

I'm in. Also, for that, we must be in skype and watch at the same time.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »
I find it hard focus on show if I'm hearing something else from my headphones or speakers.
There has been problems with my sister and friends when we talk and I want to start watching my show I have to hang up on Skype. It could be funny experience thought.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal