Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145538 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #660 on: August 23, 2012, 09:40:01 PM »
Aaaw.

and I'm fucking excited for next season.

13 shows I will watch, and some I might watch. So I might end up watching 21 fucking shows D:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
2 more episodes to go from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, fucking awesome show so far, the first season was also epic, even tho there was blood and gore everywhere, in Kai it's mostly detective play. damn, awesome! :cheernutz: :cheernutz:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:56 AM »
I'm glad to see that this topic is flowing.
At the begin I thought that this just would some few replies. But now, we already have 44 pages.  :lol:
Said the person who's not properly contributing. :ninja:
Well, thanks for the contribution: CHARLIE, SIMON AND OTHERS.

Check the first page.   :ninja:
Nothing wrong with the first page except Kai being a ponyfag. :euro:
ANIME DISCUSSION !

You know what do.

Dedicated to Simon and Charlie.   :ninja:
:euro:
That's very sweet of you, thanks.

Aaaw.

and I'm fucking excited for next season.

13 shows I will watch, and some I might watch. So I might end up watching 21 fucking shows D:
Little Busters!, Seizon 2, Minami-ke 4, Accel World OVA, HDxD OAD, Upotte OAD, ASS+ Onsen special, Inu x Boku SS special, KZDD OAD, Sankarea OAD, TWGOK OAD, Haganai OVA, Hagure Yuusha special and the two Madoka movies. Looking forward to it. Thanks for posting this.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:17 AM »

finished Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, and I'm speechless. man, probably the best show I have ever seen, it's defo a must watch. I really hope they are going to make more seasons.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 25, 2012, 04:09:09 AM »
They have made specials and other shows set in the same universe, but from what I've heard all of those are shit, at least the specials. Something about Rika and the other girl becoming magical girls and shit.  :lol:

Watched episode 3 of Lain last night, it just get's weirder and weirder.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 25, 2012, 04:27:27 AM »
They have made specials and other shows set in the same universe, but from what I've heard all of those are shit, at least the specials. Something about Rika and the other girl becoming magical girls and shit.  :lol:

Watched episode 3 of Lain last night, it just get's weirder and weirder.
won't watch the specials, but defo will watch the 5 OVAs. they say it's like they are just fooling around like normal kids, I laughed my ass off at these moments in the anime.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 25, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »

finished Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, and I'm speechless. man, probably the best show I have ever seen, it's defo a must watch. I really hope they are going to make more seasons.
Have you watched Angel Beats, Clannad, Air or Kanon?

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 25, 2012, 07:23:11 AM »
since I'm not much into drama, no, haven't watched them yet

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
You're not watching them because you're not into drama even though it has the best comedy?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 25, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
Higurashi is better than Air, Angel Beats and Kanon though.

and you talk about best comedy Charlie, but you still haven't seen GTO.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 25, 2012, 07:53:06 AM »
You're not watching them because you're not into drama even though it has the best comedy?
for some reason all I hear about them is "oh my god, I almost cried at the end, so touching!" nothing about comedy, some videos, that's all. I will watch them once for sure anyway

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 25, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »
for some reason all I hear about them is "oh my god, I almost cried at the end, so touching!" nothing about comedy, some videos, that's all. I will watch them once for sure anyway
Clannad: After Story is the only one the lives up to its hype.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 25, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
That's because Key tends to make the first half comedy and the second half drama. The drama is what sticks with your soul after you're done watching it.

Clannad: After Story is the only one the lives up to its hype.
Clannad is the only one with any hype. The others don't have any hype because fuck who knows why, because they don't have as many episodes maybe? They're all great though, especially Air.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Angel Beats is also hyped... that was neither fun nor dramatic, though I probably gave it up before the dramatic parts.
Air was bad, sure it had some fun moments but all in all it was bad.
Kanon was alright, it had one good girl/arc, the rest were meh.
Clannad the first season was alright, too bad we get the worst arc right away so it's hard to keep going, but it gets worth it once you get to the better arcs.
After story is just the best one, even though the ending is a bit lame and personally I think it's a bit stupid that they never kissed, I still love it because it made me want to do something with my life and it was the first fictional thing to make me cry.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
Angel Beats is also hyped... that was neither fun nor dramatic, though I probably gave it up before the dramatic parts.
Air was bad, sure it had some fun moments but all in all it was bad.
Kanon was alright, it had one good girl/arc, the rest were meh.
Clannad the first season was alright, too bad we get the worst arc right away so it's hard to keep going, but it gets worth it once you get to the better arcs.
After story is just the best one, even though the ending is a bit lame and personally I think it's a bit stupid that they never kissed, I still love it because it made me want to do something with my life and it was the first fictional thing to make me cry.

Don't make this worse than it already is, Simon. Please.

You're ruining my joke.

Can't disagree on that one.

Yeah the first couple of episodes took me a few months to finish and almost dropped the series, glad I didn't.

I actually liked the first season better, since AS is a fucking feelcoaster. Once you get aboard, there's no going back and nothing you can do about it. This, and the comedy pretty much completely disappears, and just using Fuuko as an "outlet" for that is just lame, since they actually gave her some pretty decent scenes/end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal