Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146939 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
If you want horror I would say Shiki, but it kind of looses it's horror feel midway and goes over to an "Another" type ending. Though two of the episodes of shiki weren't allowed to air on tv, so they were released as specials with the DVD

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »
Ok... I must say that I liked the ending. It's nothing compared to YYH or w/e, but still, I kinda enjoyed it :)

Definetly not a masterpiece, but still, being 12 eps, it's worthy...

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2012, 12:40:52 AM »
Yeah I liked the ending, kids going batshit crazy is always fun to watch.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »
I watched Strike Witches now.

I don't know why I did that I knew there was something or someone related to Finland so that attracted me a little but after watching I was like " Whaaaat ? Booooring ... " but I managed to complete it.
Seriously, witches with propellers on their legs... can't there be anything more lame than that?

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
I watched Strike Witches now.

I don't know why I did that I knew there was something or someone related to Finland so that attracted me a little but after watching I was like " Whaaaat ? Booooring ... " but I managed to complete it.
Seriously, witches with propellers on their legs... can't there be anything more lame than that?
I watched like 2 episodes of Strike Witches and put it down again. Just can't get myself to watch more than 2 episodes in 6 months.

I don't really mind those propellers, all I don't like is the military genre. It's got some decent/modest ecchi from what I've seen from a few screencaps but I really don't like girls in military outfits and stuff. It's a major turnoff.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Starting Steins Gate today. You convinced me lol

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
So I finishes Toradora moment ago, brilliant show indeed.
As you know I can't tell much, loved it from beginning to the end, all the characters and their personalities.
One of the best Comedy/Romance shows I've seen so far (yeah, that's a lot).

umm.. what else? It made me think of my life.. again.

9/10

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55:17 AM »
As you know I can't tell much, loved it from beginning to the end, all the characters and their personalities.

9/10
yeah, Toradora made me think about my life a lot too

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »

9/10
You won't find any better pure romance than in Toradora, so don't bother expecting something better. Ever. :P

I just started Durararararararara. It's pretty cool and I might get hooked on it a bit, I haven't watched anything with an interesting plot other/more than "plot" (if you know what I mean) in who knows how long. I hope to finish this soon, can't really stand not knowing mysterious stuff ya know.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »

9/10
You won't find any better pure romance than in Toradora, so don't bother expecting something better. Ever. :P
Well I kinda expect more from romances, Toradora was interesting from beginning to the end like I said, but if we really talk about pure romance its definitely not that or I am horribly wrong with that? It was comedian with awkward moments with boys and girls who likes each other and actual romantic stuff (holding hands, talking about future & kiss) comes up at very end of the show which makes me sad. If I really want romance it should be cuddling and hugging without any excuses of being embarrassed.
Am I being fooled by romance? Is it really like this in every movies or shows, it takes time and work when something actually happens.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
I would say Spice and Wolf is on par with Toradora when it comes to romance, it's just really really different romance. Seeing as the two main character are both adults. Not that there is much cuddling or any of that sort either. It's just that the two mains have such a freaking good chemistry that make the show so fucking enjoyable. And it really hurts when no third season. I'm really thinking about buying the Light Novels just to get more of the story.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »

9/10
Well I kinda expect more from romances, Toradora was interesting from beginning to the end like I said, but if we really talk about pure romance its definitely not that or I am horribly wrong with that? It was comedian with awkward moments with boys and girls who likes each other and actual romantic stuff (holding hands, talking about future & kiss) comes up at very end of the show which makes me sad. If I really want romance it should be cuddling and hugging without any excuses of being embarrassed.
Am I being fooled by romance? Is it really like this in every movies or shows, it takes time and work when something actually happens.
There are different types of romance. This is the kind of romance where it has yet to start blooming and you actually get to see its developments.

I would say Spice and Wolf is on par with Toradora when it comes to romance, it's just really really different romance. Seeing as the two main character are both adults. Not that there is much cuddling or any of that sort either. It's just that the two mains have such a freaking good chemistry that make the show so fucking enjoyable. And it really hurts when no third season. I'm really thinking about buying the Light Novels just to get more of the story.
I'll probably watch Spice and Wolf after Durarara. I watched almost every episode in one night and as expected I got hooked on it.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
Yeah, you'll definitely like Spice and Wolf. At least I did.  :ninja:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »

Finished Yosuga no Sora, was quite interesting. great characters, tho I thought that Haru will get together with Motoka (like normal, not in the ending) and the class rep as well. Anyway, a great anime, thanks for recommending it!
Time to continue my list with some massacre from Higurashi no naku koro ni.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Finished One Piece

wait

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal