Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145544 times)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
The anime is based on a Light Novel, that has 13 volumes, and the anime (so far) has 12 episodes that cover the first 2 volumes of the Novels.

Basic story: Issei is a highschooler who gets involved in a war between angels & demons.

Characters: Most of them are interesting characters. A few lacks of feelings or personality, but overall, they are quite interesting.

Episodes: 23minutes each. Endings are "cliffhanger" style as a whole. No fillers (probably due to the limited amount of episodes there).

I found it quite funny (at certain points of the anime). Funny stuff are either surprising/unexpected shit, or, just jokes related to how pervert Issei is.

The plot develops as the anime goes. It starts pretty random or not interesting at all, and when you get to episode 4 or so, it gets really insteresting and catchy.

All in all, it's a pretty nice show :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:20:04 PM by XTO »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 23, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Sounds like a typical ecchi harem I guess. One question, how much of this demon/angel thing is the focus on? Is it constant in every episode or is it just like something to start the anime and end it with, while everything in-between is kind of slice of lify?

Two questions  :euro:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 23, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
From 1 to 3, I'd say, it's basically ecchi harem with minor or medium focus to the plot. After that, it's mainly focused in the angel&demon shit

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2012, 01:10:41 AM »
I'd like you all to consider watching Monster. It's one of the best animes around with extremely addictive plot. Watched 17/74 eps and already going to give it a highest rate. But if people are up to some stupid ecchi and underage midget girls it's not for you.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »
I'd like you all to consider watching Monster. It's one of the best animes around with extremely addictive plot. Watched 17/74 eps and already going to give it a highest rate. But if people are up to some stupid ecchi and underage midget girls it's not for you.
I tried Monster years ago. It already sucked futanari balls from the first episode, and I'm not even gonna bother retrying.

And "if people are up to some stupid ecchi and underage midget girls it's not for you", fuck off. It's not our fault you can't watch anything that's not serious and boring as goddamn fuck.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »
And "if people are up to some stupid ecchi and underage midget girls it's not for you", fuck off. It's not our fault you can't watch anything that's not serious and boring as goddamn fuck.
Expected reaction.  :lol:
 I've also watched many ecchi animes in the past and was being addicted to it. Nowadays they all just seem plain stupid to me. Weak plots, pretty much same setting in each of them, similar characters, etc. Furthermore, it may even lead to some mental disorders, personality changes and disappointment in life. Japanese say that eyes reflect characters' "souls" meaning the bigger eyes the warmer, larger, colorful and kinder the character is. But since this trend has gotten into japanese animation, people started to admire big eyed (female) characters more, meaning they wouldn't really be attracted to real women. Things in XXI century went horribly wrong. Just watch some  1985-1995 animes and you'll see a major difference (I don't refer to quality, I refer just how they create and express characters and their personalities). There were 10x less hikikomori in the nineties, it all basically started with anime culture being changed. In most cases new anime is being used to compensate social stagnation. It has gotten to the point when it's considered completely normal in a society... The artists shouldn't concentrate only on how good characters are and their daily life (all those miniskirts and same perverted characters...), they should have a strong plot, clear climax and explainable details.
I'm of course not reffering it exactly to you people since I don't know you that good, moreover even I like some of the recent animes and I'm not fully against nudity or ecchi stuff. I'm just stating my thoughts and some facts. :)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
Ok, I wasn't expecting such a developed comeback.

I agree in parts. I do watch a few shitty animes to have a good laugh, and watch Yu Yu Hakusho alikes when I'm in the mood for something serious.

It's not like - atleast I'm not like - we are a bunch of pervs watching ecchi because we like naked drawings lol

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:17 AM »
Yo ed, as much as I agree with that anime should have a good story and whatnot, you talk as these shows that have girls with big eyes are less valuable. While many of them do have a strong plot and an intriguing story. In fact one of the anime I've seen with such big eyed girls, is easily in my top 3. Now I know you were referring mostly to ecchis with your post. And that they are pointless and a waste for the anime industry and whatnot, but to be honest the main difference between the story driven and the humor/ecchi driven shows is that when you watch a story driven show and you don't like the story, you stop right away. It's not for you, but when you watch a humor/ecchi show you can let almost everything slide as long as it's funny. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that it's much much easier to find an watchable echhi/humor show than it is to find a story driven show that actually has a story that interests you.
As much as I love a good story I don't mind just letting my head go and laughing at silly jokes. I'm not a big ecchi fan anyway, but I think you are giving it too much hate.

Just to please you I can list some of my favorite story drive shows, non of them go under 8/10 on my ratings btw. Which makes me think of them as a must watch
Steins;Gate
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Katanagatari

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
Hurr rants durr arguments, here have some Flan.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
So it was time for Highschool of the Dead right after HDxD.
Bloody action scenes and interesting characters.

I wonder whats next.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
Yo ed, as much as I agree with that anime should have a good story and whatnot, you talk as these shows that have girls with big eyes are less valuable. While many of them do have a strong plot and an intriguing story. In fact one of the anime I've seen with such big eyed girls, is easily in my top 3. Now I know you were referring mostly to ecchis with your post. And that they are pointless and a waste for the anime industry and whatnot, but to be honest the main difference between the story driven and the humor/ecchi driven shows is that when you watch a story driven show and you don't like the story, you stop right away. It's not for you, but when you watch a humor/ecchi show you can let almost everything slide as long as it's funny. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that it's much much easier to find an watchable echhi/humor show than it is to find a story driven show that actually has a story that interests you.
As much as I love a good story I don't mind just letting my head go and laughing at silly jokes. I'm not a big ecchi fan anyway, but I think you are giving it too much hate.

Just to please you I can list some of my favorite story drive shows, non of them go under 8/10 on my ratings btw. Which makes me think of them as a must watch
Steins;Gate
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Katanagatari

Well it all is a matter of taste and habit anyway. I'm not to jugde those people, they are themselves to decide what is best for them. :)
FMA:B and Steins Gate are really awesome ones by the way.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
You're all forgetting a very important anime though.

Boku no Pico.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2012, 02:26:29 AM »
I've watched Death Note, Gosick and Deadman Wonderland a couple of years ago. I'm not really into all those other sorts of anime, so is there anything anyone of you could recommend me that kinda falls in line with those other 3 animes I just mentioned?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
Having only seen Death Note of the mentioned ones I can't really recommend anything accurately, but I'm just gonna say Steins;Gate again. Fair bit of warning is that it starts a bit slow, but around episode 6 it kind of picks up its pace and at episode 12 it really takes off. Tbh I think the slow start is a good buildup for the series and the story is really good.

Also I guess I could say "Aoi Bungaku Series" it is the same studio that made Death Note and it has the exact same art style, but to be honest I haven't seen it so I have no idea if it is similar at all, just thought I'd mention it.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 25, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
I've watched Death Note, Gosick and Deadman Wonderland a couple of years ago. I'm not really into all those other sorts of anime, so is there anything anyone of you could recommend me that kinda falls in line with those other 3 animes I just mentioned?
Check out Mirai Nikki and Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. I'd just give some shitty description so you should check for a summary at MAL or something. If you need any torrents, just get on MSN.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal