Author Topic: got a rap bitch that smoke blacks until the plastic melt  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Sabotage

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
got a rap bitch that smoke blacks until the plastic melt
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
between the emergence of acts like eXquire, Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky, and Shabazz Palaces, and the resurgence of groups like The Roots, 2011 was truly a remarkable year for hip-hop. what were some of your favorites?

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: got a rap bitch that smoke blacks until the plastic melt
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Oneirology by Cunninglynguists is the only one that comes to mind. I'm not very familiar with the hip-hop genre, but the few (9-10) hip-hop artists I listen to, I really enjoy ^^

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
Bitches love rap :ajaja:

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »

Akua Naru - The Journey Aflame
I advise you to listen to it, it's great.
Planet Asia's "Cracks In The Vinyl EP", produced by the one and only Madlib, is also very good.
Planet Asia And Madlib - Masonic Vocals
Also "Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest", a documentary film about one of my favorite groups, A tribe Called Quest, has been released in 2011. I still haven't watched it though.
Other than that, I spent my time listening to classics, 'cause the new bitches be ruining the game. Although I might consider checking the names you mentioned in the first post.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
Word up Jub! I just listened to that Akua Naru , and all I can say is I WANT TO MERRY HER! Is that album from 2011 for real? I mean if it really is I can take a crap on today's mainstream music we hear on the radio.

Im also with you on that one , I stick to the classic ones , listening to DOOM's old albums , Madlib's crazy stuff , some of the NY underground cats as well - Atmosphere , Prime , etc. I like clever written rhymes , explore every word. Thats the interesting part

And I cant seem to find something new in that genre that is worth listening to , if you have more like Akua Naru , LINK MEH  :mellow:

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
I don't exactly listen to US rap anymore but I suppose you could enjoy this polish instrumental piece
Medium "Pralnia myśli"

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »
She's really great, ain't she? :D And yes, it's from 2011  :a-cheer:
Check this out, this guy PMed me on youtube with this song, I thought it'd be shit at first, but when I listened to it I really dug it:
Epidemic "Nothin' Matters" (Produced by B.B.Z. Darney) Official Video [HQ]

Also, there were some notable releases on the Croatian and Serbian rap scene this year.
EDIT: Oh, and that's a tight instrumental Kukiel :mellow:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:05:46 AM by Jubito »

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
@sabo the last huzzah remix is fucking brilliant, el-p is such an underated artist yet he fucking kills it.

Offline Jubito

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »
@sabo the last huzzah remix is fucking brilliant, el-p is such an underated artist yet he fucking kills it.
Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Huzzah! (Remix) ft. Despot, Das Racist, Danny Brown, and El-P

^This? Listened to it now, gotta say I liked it  :jajaja:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:21:15 PM by Jubito »

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
yeah that one. so many references to older hip hop; "The combination made my eyes bleed" - wu. the video is a mock of the Flava in ya ear remix, and the line "Still lost as Holden Caufield, The Catcher in the Rye" is brilliant.

Offline Jubito

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:57 AM »
Yeah, I really dug that one, especially because I'm reading the book atm, and I was like "oh no he didn't :lol:"
Also, "I'm Immortal Technique, I'm obnoxious" LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal