Author Topic: The Area  (Read 2399 times)

Offline White

• Redux
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • WhiteXful
The Area
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
stunta4life

Hello everybody.There's been a while since I didn't released a video.Luckly stunta4life asked me before Christmas to edit his solo.After some time, it's finally released.Also this is my new youtube account.Feel free to subscribe  :D
Also I wish to apologize for boring intro and some frames missing.These are some things wich I didn't checked twice.Sorry...

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:25:00 AM by White »

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Area
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:41 AM »
WHOA, I found the editing to be quite amazing even if it was simple.

The stunts were mediocre, maybe the one on the ship stood out. You could've found some better source for this editing, would surely make it more enjoyable :P Great work anyways.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
First of all, that track ruined the video, I love the Xfiles theme song but that neo geo bla guy ruined the heck of it. Now as for the editing, I'll start with the bad stuff and save the good stuff for later just keep in mind that its mostly bad stuff because a good chunk of the editing is dependent on the track so yeah. So nearly all of the ideas you planned to do wasn't executed properly, the Color Correction was way too over bloomy most of the time, none of the ideas you planned were executed correctly, you showed certain stunts annoyingly more than 3 times which left me way too cold, the cam angles were kinda meh because of consistent popins and the Twixtor slowdown bits and the RSMB bits were done incorrectly and kind of misplaced.

Now about that, you really misplaced RSMB there, it doesn't fit with the color correction and your settings are too sensitive when the cam movements are really fast, so make sure when using RSMB: Slower smoother angles + reasonably high sensitivity = good motion blur, Faster edgier angles + reasonably low sensitivity = good motion blur. As for the Twixtor bit, now the only thing I know about that is that where you placed it as a nono, as for how it should be placed, I have no clue. I honestly dislike twixtor on SA/VC and I can't see how it fits on that track you used anyway so that makes it even worse, sorry :P

So the good stuff, I already said you failed at executing the ideas you planned but fortunately all of these ideas were good, means you have the seed. You can be good at it but you just need practice and most importantly... better tracks. Just keep in mind that track is shitty NOT because its Dubstep and not because of its overall style, its shitty because its shittly composed, it sounds like my music on FL Studio for god's sake.

More good stuff is that bloomy ass CC looked beautiful at certain parts, when it was calm and comfortable for the colors to shine through and give its real feel, so work around your bloom to master that feel on every frame of the video.

Now that intro was as boring as you said because, first of all if you want to draw a logo it cant be a simple one, that'll always look boring especially with this sort of music. So make sure if you'll drawish/animate something then make sure its complicated, then most of the time the way it works with such things is a close up of different parts being animated from this complicated shape and then a far look at it, so you give suspense then later on you reach this point of awesome, an example is the teaser I did for QUIETUS.

So keep it up, I honestly have nothing more to say. I have no time to check for spelling/grammar mistakes so excuse me if I fucked anything up, or if I repeated my self..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:26:41 AM by Beat »

Offline White

• Redux
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • WhiteXful
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:32:13 AM »
Thanks for the wall of text.Enjoyed reading it.Love you BeaT :wub:
Also thanks Petar

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:12:24 AM »
You forgot to add the CC to the reverse of the second stunt. Ow and I hated that the car stunt was shown like 20 times but other then that I enjoyed it  :ajaja:

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:38:51 AM »
2nd stunt was cool.

Offline Veno

• ForbiddenElement.
  • Veteran Member
  • This sentance is a lie.
    • View Profile
    • Venomous`s YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
Woah Beat, now that's constructive criticism, awesome comment is awesome!

I really enjoyed watching it, i bet it was me, but it was laggy, shitty pc  <_<
I'll rewatch it later, hope it won't be lagging again.

Actually when i watched it, it reminded me of Beats editing :lol:
Stunts were as Petar said, and yeh i enjoyed it :3
Good job, also glad to see you're still doing something White!

e/ Rewatched it and yep, it was me, no without lag i loved it even more, fuck that was epic, those twixtor slow downs were freaking great to my eye, wll i just love slow mo stuff :33 but yeah loved it alot.
Alsp i really liked your angles, they seemed focused and well chosen, the blur made it more dreamy which i kinda liked aswell, but some parts felt that it would be better without it, but still looked cool.
Overall i really liked the feeling and pace of the vid, really good job on this one!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:04:09 AM by Veno »

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
i really liked this video thanks for editing it in an epic way btw.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:58 AM »
cool colours

Offline rapinaBanche

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
some good stunt and an enjoyable editing.   NICE!

Offline Izzeee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »
very nice editing. the song is kinda scaring me  :unsure: but it was nice to watch. stunts were okay, but sometimes a bit too easy

EDIT:
the logo of the video looks like the logo of Renault, it's just twisted 90° xDD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:42:53 AM by Izzeee »

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 05:39:11 AM »
Apart from the music, I really liked this vid. The editing was great, stunts were too.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 09:11:38 AM »
that was interesting :) Keep it up!

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
A thing that annoys me - also seen in a lot of other videos,
is that the Diffusion of the CC goes over the Letterboxes, if your using a plugin to create these letterboxes please insert it at the end of the FX-chain in Vegas, or use an overlay instead
rest was enjoyable though^^

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
^^ One thing that annoys me is seeing people making this kind of comments! What if he wanted that look? Can't he make what he wants? Can't he make what goes thru his mind? Don't tell others what to do! Let them be themselves :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal