Author Topic: Is V the final nail for stunting?  (Read 9278 times)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is V the final nail for stunting?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 07:21:17 AM »
If by complexity you mean difficult to perform, then yeah sure I have no idea. But you don't have to be a genius to see that the most insane kinds of grind combos that are possible in VC/SA are NOT possible in IV, I'm talking about nailing smooth looking grinds over huge distances, including huge rotations, or doing long curved ledgegrinds.

I won't believe it's possible until I see it... I mean I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think that's going to happen :P

Edit: Not to mention that VC grinds are stylish as fuck, SA grinds a bit less so, and then there are IV grinds which are just weird-looking to me. Also SS I'm not trying to shit on your accomplishments, that double grind was nice, but can you honestly say that the same stunt in VC engine with a 360 in between the grinds and some nice sparks flying wouldn't look better?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:24:52 AM by Red »

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
@kaneda: I respect you a lot for your history here but I highly disagree about your 'from VC to SA' claims. SA is the most stunt friendly GTA so far. Of course VC stunters will imply this as 'easy shit' but besides that stuff might be easier there are much more things you can do in terms of the amount of stuntable vehicles and the natural possibilites you have with 'em. Maybe, for example, stoppies look uglier in SA but on the other hand an nrg can make four types of wheelies were an pcj can only make two. Also the SA map is not more complex than the VC one, only bigger.

There are MUCH more possibilities in SA (stunting wise). Back then when i stunted in SA it was easy (atleast for me) to find new spots or atleast try outs. For me the SA map is much more complex than the vc one.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:31 AM »
If by complexity you mean difficult to perform, then yeah sure I have no idea. But you don't have to be a genius to see that the most insane kinds of grind combos that are possible in VC/SA are NOT possible in IV, I'm talking about nailing smooth looking grinds over huge distances, including huge rotations, or doing long curved ledgegrinds.

I won't believe it's possible until I see it... I mean I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think that's going to happen :P

Edit: Not to mention that VC grinds are stylish as fuck, SA grinds a bit less so, and then there are IV grinds which are just weird-looking to me. Also SS I'm not trying to shit on your accomplishments, that double grind was nice, but can you honestly say that the same stunt in VC engine with a 360 in between the grinds and some nice sparks flying wouldn't look better?

You are 100% wrong, I can tell you that for a fact, the only thing preventing anybody from grinding is that the technique is hard to master, I could have 360'd that double grind if I'd wanted to :P. I've done a massive bump to grind near the sea, I've done a grind with about 1000 degrees of rotation (not for the IV collab as it's in EFLC) and I've landed a curved grind that makes you turn back around 180 degrees within five seconds of landing on the rail; they aren't short grinds either. The only thing I can agree with you on is it sucks that you don't get sparks, but I don't see that as a problem really. You can do just as complex grinds as VC/SA and you can go even faster on the rail if you land it nicely too. You'll have to take my word for it, but you'll see :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:41:30 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 07:52:16 AM »
All sounds good man, looking forward to the video. I'm sure I'll love it more than what I've seen so far in IV. I'll be surprised if I find myself thinking "wow that looked really good" though, it all looks weird and goofy, despite some stuff being more entertaining than other.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
I hope we can change your mind :euro:

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
VC all the way I guess.. perfect way for bumping, grinding, alot of methodes, SA have always look weird for me...like the sparks, the way you grind...but whatever.. everyone his own game  :cc_detective:

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
SS: "This is one of my easy grinds, keep that in mind and you'll see that you can actually do even more complex grinds in IV than you can in VC or SA."

Riiiiiiiight.

Don't comment on something you know so little about, he's done grinds in IV which would easily match up to the top VC/SA grind stunts. Possibly even surpassing them in complexity.

That's probably right and respectable, but I'm just tired of listening these boring statements for more than 2 years without any proof.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 07:55:25 AM »
How do you think I feel lol, I've waited years for our collab.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »
I didnt like IV because of the poor map with every building looking basically the same as the next with a feww different ones thrown in. Now V on the other hand looks like it will have a lot more variety and i hope that they will improve the vehicle handling mainly. Hoping for an improvement on IV.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:28 AM »
I didnt like IV because of the poor map with every building looking basically the same as the next with a feww different ones thrown in.
yeah i hate that, exporing alleys is not interesting as it used to be

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
SA did give us plane stunting

IV took it away

From the trailer it looks like there will be planes, so there's hope :P

Offline ŠtatiÇ

• Still Ballin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »
 i think people will try to stunt in GTA V..for me: i won't!
i like stunting in GTA IV because of the funny physics..but i dont take it serious/make it public/do it for editing...
it's just funny how high and long you can fly,but in my opinion it's nothing for an community like us..most of all stunters here are based on VC/SA...these both games just bring that amount of methods we need: normal bumbs,good grinds,2nd vehicle bumb,stuck methods,plane stunts,boat stunts,cabbie boosts etc. etc. etc.

none of the grand thaft auto series in future can top this...FUCK OF GRAPHICS!!i
ts enough for me for shooter/roleplay games that will be used for such thing,i mean...why do you need such an good graphic etc...but now i realize that this is becoming off topic :D

Will be stunting in GTA V possible? - Yes..there is always a method to stunt
Will a lot of stunters do it? - NO,because some have bad computers,dont like it or are just satisfied with SA/VC

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »
I'm sorry to say this, but those who oppose enhanced graphics are the ones who can't afford them.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 05:14:19 AM »
^ Not true  :neen:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal