Author Topic: Defqon.1  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Defqon.1
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 02:38:55 AM »
What you need is psytrance in your system

MMM won.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Defqon.1
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »
You're posting some really atmospherical sub-genre stuff that I highly doubt would be included or appreciated in any relatively big rave event as the one YourKing posted (if I'm wrong about this then I take all of it back). I'm all for the wall-of-noise type of music such as drone or breakcore, and I'm sure even the biggest technohead after some time when he finally decides to download and explore something other than his usual choice will see his own current lack of taste for... beauty and depth? (Just like I did with metal)  Cause there's something more than popping piss ammounts of LSD or X and enjoying a light show when it comes to true resonating musical experience, least that's how I see it. I probably generalized in that last sentence a bit too much, but that's because I don't see this genre as a 1 on 1 experience, listener vs sound system. Without all the vibes coming from the crowd around you, you tend to get bored 10 minutes in. But whatever... in a world where Burial is a reference to something good, I'm not surprised there are people who get their fix from this.

This doesn't really support, or criticize your own argument, so I'm really not sure what to do.

I was gonna write something on the German styles of techno, how they evolved, blah blah. But I really can't be bothered as it's worthless if you have a single perspective on music. Personally I can appreciate music created for beauty and depth, just the same. But at the same time there's music for letting go, dancing for hours, yada yada. Techno and it's forms evolved to cater for the latter, but if you can't appreciate that side, then yeah, it's not for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal