Author Topic: (HOW TO) Decrease Distance - Timecyc (?)  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Felly_eS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: (HOW TO) Decrease Distance - Timecyc (?)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:11:27 AM »
We don't want to start here a war, right? (lol)

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »
Ofc we don't want a war, we will let every single SA stunter mod, the peaceful way is always the best. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:42:28 AM by Baseline »

Offline Felly_eS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 09:08:39 AM »
Someone want to decrease the distance because of his low pc :X

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »
then buying a new computer is modding too? :cheersad:

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 09:35:20 AM »
you got rick roll'd

Offline Felly_eS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:27 AM »
Still can't do it in the timecyc. lol

E: Do someone for me a screen what i have to change, please :P

Offline Volum3

• DV,BS Fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
http://solidfiles.com/d/a555d/

Try this. im using this too.
-no,im not modding,i just have low pc imos :x

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 09:07:01 PM »
Isn't modifying the timecyc for a faster game is considered modding? not sure, im just guessing  :ajaja:
fucking sigged

Offline NuBiE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
Isn't modifying the timecyc for a faster game is considered modding? not sure, im just guessing  :ajaja:
fucking sigged
:a-cheer:

Offline ATenShun

• Veteran Member
  • Old Fart From Way Back (ShortStunter)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Short Answer: TimeCyc.dat won't effect your stunts, it is not considered "modding".

how about everyone stfu and instead of calling someone a moron and not explaining anything yourself, I'll fucking explain how timecyc does not effect stunting other than to change conditions such as rain and such which WILL change how the bike is handled, but this is already done in Dannye's to keep it 12:00 and sunny all day  :lol:....

If you have a Quad Core CPU and a graphics card with 2 GB of vmemory and 16 GB of RAM, and you run VC, it's going to run as smooth as it possibly can, no matter what the Draw Distance is, which is why people like Daffy get the 10x DD mod so that more can be rendered at once, they do NOT experience an FPS drop because their PC can handle it....if they were to mod their timecyc to have LESS Draw Distance....it wouldn't make it go faster at all, it would just render less on the screen at one time.

However, if you have a low-end pc like myself from 2003, it will make the game run smoother than before because personally MY graphics card cannot handle rendering 10x Draw Distance without lagging up a storm, and sometimes I turn it all the way down simply because it starts to lag....it will NOT speed up your vehicle. Vehicle max speed, velocity, and acceleration is defined in the handling config....Timecyc effects what the world looks like, what's rendered, and what type of weather is going to be used.

DO NOT MOD Surface.dat, Handling.cfg, Object.dat, Water.dat or any .col files...there are more but I can't think right off hand what all can effect your stunts......Surface.dat = Surface Data, contains all data for how things will react for different textures, IE Sand, Grass, Rain, Cement, etc......Handling.cfg = Vehicle Handling Data......Object.dat, same as surface but for objects in the world, IE Boxes.....Water.dat = Water Data, could easily effect any boat stunts....

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
I'm sorry but you're entirely wrong, editing a timecyc is modding. Hold on to your seat, I'll explain you why. When you change the draw distance the fog comes closer to your current position and the humidity in air changes the pressure in the tires and bumping will become a lot easier.
Also, because of the lower distance clip, collisions will load slower on bad computers and everything in game will be fucked up, like overflying a 90 degrees wall from bumping it, grinding other vehicles... you get my point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal