• Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
DotA 2
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »
Finally it is official :
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104353-Valve-Confirms-DotA-2-for-2011

Pretty stoked on it since DotA and DotA-like games are my love <3

It will also be interesting to see how the other games will react on DotA 2. I mean HoN is almost a 1on1 copy of DotA whereas LoL still has some uniqueness.

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
  • Biggest Hard Drum&Bass fan on this forum
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
Re: DotA 2
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:50:01 AM »
hmm....  :hmm:

Offline Tidis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:45:04 AM »
The funny thing is that LoL is created by the same ppl that did DotA since they wanted a new engine, so i dont get why they should make a 2nd :p

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
The funny thing is that LoL is created by the same ppl that did DotA since they wanted a new engine, so i dont get why they should make a 2nd :p
indeed, LoL is still much better the DotA, but whichever you choose, you wont stop playing it...

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
Just to sort a few facts out :

There has always been only one main person that is working on DotA, but yes Guinsoo is now working for Riot which had created League of Legends. Guinso was the initiator of DotA Allstars, but he had stopped working on DotA in about 2008 I think.

But DotA 2.0 is being created by Valve and Icefrog who is currently working on DotA. DotA 2 will be DotA just with a better engine and better graphics. In my opinion LoL simply is a different system that e.g. has these summoners which most likely will not be a part of DotA 2.0. Therefore I do not think that LoL will have as much concurrence as Heroes of Newerth will have.

By the way I do play both, LoL and DotA and I would also play HoN if you didn't have to pay for it. So you can choose both and don't need to stick to one.

______

If you want to sign up for League of Legends just click on the following link ( League of Legends is completely free ) :
tps://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c8f5ee62adff263908586

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal