Author Topic: GTA SA Slow Roads  (Read 11550 times)

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
Re: GTA SA Slow Roads
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 06:41:33 AM »
Wouldn't make a difference to you Ktulu, cuz you mod anyway. :ninja:

On a serious note:
Please don't use nor share this man. Surely it gives new possibilities and everything, but this definitely is modding the game. Surfaces, objects etc. should not be touched.

I can guarantee that the fix for this, changes absolutely none of these things. nothing in the standard map, or vehicle handling is changed.

Is it a glitch or an extern thing then? However, some file is changed, right? If so, then it would not be legit.

As far as I know the information about how vehicles behave on specific grounds (sand, grass, streets, etc.) are stored in a file I won't mention. Changing values there would be somewhat like changing the handling. Enlighten us a little more and we shall see if your way is (in)valid.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
Wouldn't make a difference to you Ktulu, cuz you mod anyway. :ninja:

On a serious note:
Please don't use nor share this man. Surely it gives new possibilities and everything, but this definitely is modding the game. Surfaces, objects etc. should not be touched.

I can guarantee that the fix for this, changes absolutely none of these things. nothing in the standard map, or vehicle handling is changed.

Is it a glitch or an extern thing then? However, some file is changed, right? If so, then it would not be legit.

As far as I know the information about how vehicles behave on specific grounds (sand, grass, streets, etc.) are stored in a file I won't mention. Changing values there would be somewhat like changing the handling. Enlighten us a little more and we shall see if your way is (in)valid.

Quote from: Derpo
Mod your poop file1 and poop file2 located in Z:\Schwanz\path as you want and here you go.
;)

R69: I especially didn't mention the files to prevent everyone from going nuts now to change shit in their files.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:24:45 AM by Rusch69 »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
You have to change the data files in order to fix this, it's modding. You could argue that the timecyc is data, but it's different when it affects vehicle handling. This does, and it shouldn't be used for that reason, at least in "unmodded" videos. It's like using the stream.ini extender mod to increase FPS, it allows you stunt in a way that's simply impossible without it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:13:18 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 07:14:11 AM »
I think it's great. As long as the stunts people land with this are put in separate videos I don't really see any problem with it/reason not to use it.  :)

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
Ok guys, you can't use teleports at ps2 so Dannyes USCM would be modding too.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
And it is. Everyone knows this already.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
There are mods which are tolerated and mods which aren't.

Anything that changes the stunting itself (i.e.: speed, acceleration, handling, gravity, grip, behavior, collison models, etc.) is modding.
Altering files which only affect the visuals are just fine as long as the stunting related stuff remains default.
Using stuff like Dannye's USCM is technically also modding, but all stunts would be possible in the same way without it. It's just meant to make stunting more comfy.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »

Teleporting doesn't affect your stunts, it's only used to reset your runup/vehicle positions. When something doesn't affect the contents of your final stunt, it shouldn't be considered "modding". Obviously "cheating" is a more accurate term, so let's not get caught up in semantics. Skins don't affect your final stunt, but vehicle models and map mods do. However, taking an official GTA map into another GTA engine is a legitimate extension of the game, and therefore an exception to the rule.

The effects of a map mod are plainly obvious. They simply give you a new level of terrain to play with, they aren't built with malicious intent. Collision modifications are a different matter, but also accepted when converting old maps into a new engine, as long as they're accurate representations of the DFF files. Taking IV:SA as an example, the RAGE engine requires the collisions to be updated to the WBN format, so it's accepted that changes must be made. On the other hand, changing files to fix slow roads, allowing you to land otherwise impossible stunts, is blatant modding, that should be obvious.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:28:25 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »
RAD you genius.

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
Release this. Don't be dumbs and let's have new possibilities in stunting. Fuck haters.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 11:30:10 PM »

blablablabla

It's all about common acceptance.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »

Anything that changes the stunting itself (i.e.: speed, acceleration, handling, gravity, grip, behavior, collison models, etc.) is modding.

Ok, so in LC when they released the LC roof fix mod and the VC handling in the LC mod its not count for modding? But when Gavran started doing his col files fix mod in LC he got flamed and everyone started bitching. Apparently when stunting improves for good with a whole bunch of new spots and ideas everyone is being a bitch. Same thing happened with SAiVC release in the beginning, now everyone is fine with it. So you know what RAD don't listen to the haters and release this.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 01:43:47 AM »

Ok, so in LC when they released the LC roof fix mod and the VC handling in the LC mod its not count for modding? But when Gavran started doing his col files fix mod in LC he got flamed and everyone started bitching. Apparently when stunting improves for good with a whole bunch of new spots and ideas everyone is being a bitch. Same thing happened with SAiVC release in the beginning, now everyone is fine with it. So you know what RAD don't listen to the haters and release this.
Actually Gavran was flamed for not releasing them I think

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
Please RAD don't relase it. It's not the same a timecyc, a map mod as LC, United or Alien City, the hot coffe mod or Dannyes USCM as a slow that make your bike/car faster.. That wouldn't be legit.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas have the roads that Rockstar created so don't change them and deal with it.

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 02:50:23 AM »
Why not release this? I mean we already modificated the game so much and rockstar games doesn't care.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal