Author Topic: Break Out  (Read 18894 times)

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2005, 06:13:27 PM »
Nothing is wrong with a vid that has mostly all roofs, it's just not as apealing to watch as other vids with more variety.
so would you still rate it 10/10? because 99% of the people in this thread still did. All the roofs were good yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it got repetitive and dull and some points.  

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2005, 06:19:34 PM »
I rate vid's on how much I enojoyed them. If they get repetitive, they get repetitive. I just wanna be wowed and enjoy the overall vid...

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Break Out
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2005, 06:23:50 PM »
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Getting up to spots is what we find enjoyable and challenging at the moment...so that's what we do. Sure there could have been more variety, but it was a short vid, and personally, I was short on ideas so I just went for a few that I'd been trying for a while.

BSMs to grinds are incredibly tough. BSMs are unpredictable. If I had the patience for it, I'd try it...but after 16 months of stunting I just don't have that anymore...hehe.

Thanks for the plug for LC Smackdown, mike...hehe. Those were the days...

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2005, 06:36:55 PM »
bah you do a nice airgrab in a vid then you get about 30 people complaining about fillers  <_<

I would agree on more car stunts...but heck i like to include 1 pizzaboy stunt (usually not roof), then whatever i get and if you look at car stunts they go to roofs too and I rarly see others doing car stunts. Everyone is doing what they are comfortable with doing and it does not seem like people are comfortable with car stunts or boat stunts. You can't tell them what to do, if they don't like it they won't dedicate themselves to the stunt and it will probably be shit.

You say to create new methods like BSM...PSM was recently created and we are trying to get creative with it and do different things because it is bigger and i think there are more possibilities but no one says wow he is trying something new. If he could elaborate on that maybe he could do this. then give an idea on how to elaborate. Instead all i hear is create new methods, you're always doing the same things. We are creating but something new cannot reach its high just like that it takes time and when no one notices that you are trying new stuff you think it is uninteresting and stop doing it.

so basicly instead of just saying whats bad try to encourage us with the new stuff, them, maybe I will answer in a nicer way.

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2005, 06:44:55 PM »
that was confusing.

I'm giving you constructive criticism actually. And if you hadn't noticed I was suggesting new methods. You use the term "bad" to make the whole thing look bad, but I used "repetitive" instead. Never did I say it sucked or it wasn't good.  

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2005, 07:30:41 PM »
I think Mike is trying to say that he personally found it repetitive.

Now Mike, what we are trying to say is to shut your god damn face you fat redneck bastard.

lol J/K, Mike I think what Max was trying to say is there IS sort of new stunt methods in this video, but it seems they havn't been noticed so that would of course make the person who did the stunt feel as if it wasn't a good stunt.

I don't see how there can be any more variety while keeping all the stunts top notch and original. All I really see to do in stunting is roofs, grinds and airgrabs, the only new thing that is really gonna happen I think is variations of existing stunt methods, such as a reverse BSM done with a faggio by Kaneda. Such as variety of roofing methods, I think we mixed it up quite well, theres tank usage, pbump, reverse BSM, caddy usage, normal BSM, PSM, PSM with a car. We added so many different stunt methods, what wide spread object  do you suggest landing on if not on the roof of a building? The ground?

We could have had another grind or 2 or an airgrab though, I think, after actualy counting each stunt in the vid, I decided to keep it to just 1 grind for this because I'm actualy over seeing cork and krail2grinds now because of seeing shadow zone.

So personally I'd say the only new variety there is going to be is just different methods of roofings and a few new grinding methods that have yet to be done.

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2005, 07:46:08 PM »
can somebody fill me in on what this BSM, PSM abbreviation is?

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2005, 08:06:03 PM »
Mike, when you mentioned LC Smackdown as a video for GREAT refferance (sorry kan and dark..:P ) It just doesn't cut it now a days.

BSM - Neo's Bike Stuck Method
PSM - ZX's Packer Stuck Method

When you don't know what even those abbreviations are that goes to tell ya how far away from the stunting loop you are.
If the vid was repeatative for you so be it. Each stunt is hard in itself, even if you count from one roof to another. Now the video didn't have JUST roofs ;)
So you enjoyed it, but not much, cool, you hated it, cool, you wanna burn it on a CD and screw it, cool..lol....(i went too far).
Its all peachy man. :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 05:32:48 PM by Nitzkit »

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2005, 08:12:37 PM »
BSM = Bike stuck method

and

PSM = Packer stuck method

-----
EDIT: Maybe I should refresh the page more often...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 08:14:30 PM by Urban Legend »

Offline Hagz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Break Out
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2005, 08:18:25 PM »
Nevermind this post lol. I don't want to start any fights.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 09:48:38 PM by Hagz »

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2005, 10:18:41 PM »
Mike, when you mentioned LC Smackdown as a video for GREAT refferance (sorry kan and dark..:P ) It just doesn't cut it now a days.

I liked LC Smackdown and I used it as a reference when I stunted in LC. But anyway, on to the vid which was tits.

The intro may have been the finest piece of editting I have ever seen in a vid. I don't know how you guys did it, but it was sweet. New BSMs and rare PSMs were nice (i'm not a big fan of BSMs personally, but you guys did them well).

Stunts: 9.5/10- I just don't like BSMs much, maybe because I keep screwing them up. New heights and new roofs were great to watch. You guys continue to raise the bar for all of us.
Music: 8/10- Meh, it was ok and it fit the vid nicely, but not my thing.
Editting: 11/10- BEST... EDITTING... EVAR!!

Awesome vid guys, keep it up, and if you need a groupie, PM me  :P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 05:33:20 PM by Nitzkit »

Offline Taclite

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2005, 10:24:22 PM »
And there's CSM, but that sucks. :)

I invented it >.<

kr3mlin

Break Out
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2005, 01:03:34 AM »
Having ur say ey Taclite :P

Anyway to keep people on topic. My favourite stunt on the vid was kanedas at 1:50, in looked cool, smooth landing and was recorded to make it look even better

Offline Darkness

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.com/forums/index.php?showforum=71
Break Out
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2005, 02:42:57 AM »
To all who said LC Smackdown is a good vid, please have yourself committed. J/K... I’m glad some people actually like it. Hehe.

Anyways, stunting is at a dead end and good luck finding new grinds in LC and VC. I have looked over and over again and I have even tried some very obscure ways to getting to existing rails without loosing my sanity. I understand what you are saying mike, about how roofing is getting repetitive but stunting in different ways to please everyone isn’t ATS. We stunt to have fun and release the vids for you to watch if you want to.  We could go out there and bust our asses finding different/new ideas to make people happy, but it wouldn’t be making us happy. When roof’s are the major stunt/style left, we can only do our best to make the roof in a different way by using different methods.

Thanks again to all that have replied. Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 02:47:04 AM by Darkness »

Offline Hagz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break Out
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2005, 02:46:11 AM »
Hello Dark.

I love you. That is all.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 02:46:55 AM by Hagz »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal