Author Topic: Worst Bands?  (Read 7946 times)

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »
Tokio Hotel

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »
Some of you are close to ruining this section with your pointless arguments, please dont.

Offline Krow+

• The Only Douchebag Allowed
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »
Did the little summary under the section say to respect other's opinons? I'm surprised to see vets being noobs.

I personally cannot stand the Joans Brothers, and anything 'noise'. Noise = Something where I cannot understand the lyrics, if there is lyrics.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:04:59 PM by Krow+ »

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
Quote from: Krow+
Did the little summary under the section say to respect other's opinons? I'm surprised to see vets being noobs.

I personally cannot stand the Joans Brothers, and anything 'noise'. Noise = Something where I cannot understand the lyrics, if there is lyrics.
So all songs in another language are noise. that's cool

Offline Krow+

• View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »
Quote from: Sweet
Quote from: Krow+

So all songs in another language are noise. that's cool
No, I can understand them, there is tone and words to them, but RAWRGRAWRARWGURRURARAWR is not music, it's noise.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
If you wanna be closed minded, I don't mind.

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
    • http://
Worst Bands?
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »
Krow, if I may ask, what's up with the MSN thing of Rev in your sig? The Scorpions are awesome.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Bring Me the Horizon, Whistlecore, Postmortem Promises.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
Worst Bands?
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Job For A Cowboy are shit.

Aiden, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy...

I was gonna scream at you because I like them but then I realized i hate pop-punk emo shit.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »
Quote from: Ghost
Quote from: blah
I think any band that is honest and talented can be considered good while bands who write music just because they know it will sell are not good.
That's sort of the reason why I don't like Pendulum. They used to make awesome songs before they went mainstream. Now they don't really try anything different, they make repetitive songs over and over again just to please the people who buy their music.
I think another thing that annoys me about it is people who say they are into drum n bass yet the only artists of it they can name are Pendulum, although that really isn't Pendulum's fault.
I will admit they do make some crazy awesome songs now and again though.
Isn't that the same for most bands? After a few albums you're able to get fans which will buy/listen to your music, whenever you make an album you know these people will get it. The risk of losing listeners is probably bigger than the chance of getting more listeners/pleasing listeners, by making something different.

It's very hard to only make great and unique songs.

Offline Ghost

• call me mr bedrock I can make your flinstone
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 03:12:21 PM »
Quote from: Tackleberry
Quote from: Ghost
Quote from: blah
I think any band that is honest and talented can be considered good while bands who write music just because they know it will sell are not good.
That's sort of the reason why I don't like Pendulum. They used to make awesome songs before they went mainstream. Now they don't really try anything different, they make repetitive songs over and over again just to please the people who buy their music.
I think another thing that annoys me about it is people who say they are into drum n bass yet the only artists of it they can name are Pendulum, although that really isn't Pendulum's fault.
I will admit they do make some crazy awesome songs now and again though.
Isn't that the same for most bands? After a few albums you're able to get fans which will buy/listen to your music, whenever you make an album you know these people will get it. The risk of losing listeners is probably bigger than the chance of getting more listeners/pleasing listeners, by making something different.

It's very hard to only make great and unique songs.
I agree, but in my opinion Pendulum have come to a point where they are not even making good music anymore even if they are making the same songs to please the chavs, yet people still insist its awesome or whatever. I guess its just a personal thing of being asked if  I have all of Pendulums albums whenever I tell someone I like DnB :laugh:

In a nutshell: I don't like Pendulum's music much anymore and the fact that people seem to think they are the only drum and bass artists worth listening to is pretty much the main factor.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:14:19 PM by Ghost »

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
Quote from: Blaze
Quote from: Matt
Job For A Cowboy are shit.

Aiden, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy...

I was gonna scream at you because I like them but then I realized i hate pop-punk emo shit.

Not even going to start this argument but Simple plan are pop punk...

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
no, they're shit.

Offline Krow+

• View Profile
Worst Bands?
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
Quote from: Rocka
Krow, if I may ask, what's up with the MSN thing of Rev in your sig? The Scorpions are awesome.
Umm, Rev's name is Gustav, and there was Hurricane Gustav, so I made him listen to Rock You Like a Hurricane, and screened it, and laughed my ass off.

Quote from: I
no, they're shit.
Respect the views of others homie, we just got the section, I don't wanna lose it already.

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
    • http://
Worst Bands?
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »
Ahaha, gotcha bro. I feel a bit retarded after that, I figured it was something against Rev.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal