Author Topic: Let's discuss about modding .dff file of player.  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Sucker

• View Profile
    • http://
Let's discuss about modding .dff file of player.
« on: August 01, 2008, 06:48:09 AM »
My opinion is that modding .dff file of player influence to stunt. Especially, this is because of air resistance in SA.

I think many of stunters want to know if there is air resistance in SA physics. The air resistance exists in SA for sure. First of all, stunters can realize that they can get more distance of height how they lean their vehicle when they get some air with it. Also, there is a mentioning of "air resistance" exactly in certain .dat file, sorry for can't remember the file name exactly. Last, player's clothes and shoulder are shaking while driving fast with motos.

Therefore, modding .dff file can influence to stunt. Cdarmy said that he gets more speed with Nizkit's skin while RADing for example.

I wanna see ur opinions about this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:54:27 AM by Sucker »

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:47:30 PM »
In SA you have the ability to change clothes. You can either have lots of full length clothing and accessories, or just wear underwear. By your theory they would have different physics. But they don't.

Changing a .dff means basically nothing. The weight of the player is determined in the game, not in the model.

And even if it did change the physics, it's not going to make stunting any easier.

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
Quote from: Sucker
Therefore, modding .dff file can influence to stunt. Cdarmy said that he gets more speed with Nizkit's skin while RADing for example.
He doesn't get more speed, he just feels like it's easier to RAD while using it.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »
I felt the same way when I used my Pentagram bikes for the first time. My mind thought it would handle differently, so I didn't stunt the same. It's just a headfuck.

Offline Sucre

• 2007's craziest Israeli stunter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:40:55 PM »
Even in crysis this isn't exists, haywire right in 100% it's an old game and i don't think it would be like this, again what haywire said.

Offline Sucker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:17:16 PM »
Quote from: Haywire
In SA you have the ability to change clothes. You can either have lots of full length clothing and accessories, or just wear underwear. By your theory they would have different physics. But they don't.

Changing a .dff means basically nothing. The weight of the player is determined in the game, not in the model.

And even if it did change the physics, it's not going to make stunting any easier.

Please prove it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:18:15 PM by Sucker »

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
yes haywire prove your brain made you do things... do it or face a ban!

the truth is player models do actually change the way you pull up and such but honestly the only person who this effects *that i know of* is krow, he uses mario and mario has heavy weights thus making it easier to pull up the bike.. nitzkits model changes the weight slightly but doesn't make it any easier to pull up but it does make it easier to balance wheelies i think.

need proof? Wanted was playing around with the weights of player models in VC and well edited tommy and tried some things.. when heavy he would simply press forward and the bike would flip.. i don't have any ingame screens anymore but i had 1 of tommy wth 100tonnes of weight and it looked like the SA mountain bike glitch but a lot worse..

when he mainly  but we found this i said we shouldn't post it because i didn't want new members using big models to stunt well because its modding and such.

also t all whom this topic concerns... FUCK YOU! I BURNT 2 OF THE 3 SNACKS I WAS MAKING AND I ONLY HAD 3 LEFT SO FUUUUUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sucre

• 2007's craziest Israeli stunter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
So, from what flat face saying it is kind of a modding ?

Damn, this is confusing.

Maybe we can run a test ?

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »
Ok in san andreas i have no idea but in Vice City it does change the physics slightly.. personally i think as long as week stick to models that our modders here have rigged we should be fine.. if you've got doubts about your model then send it to me or wanted and we can fix the weights for you.. again honestly i think the only person who should worry about this is krow.

Offline Sucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »
Quote from: Flat Face
Ok in san andreas i have no idea but in Vice City it does change the physics slightly.. personally i think as long as week stick to models that our modders here have rigged we should be fine.. if you've got doubts about your model then send it to me or wanted and we can fix the weights for you.. again honestly i think the only person who should worry about this is krow.

Is there fixing weight in VC?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:26:17 AM by Sucker »

Offline Boo

• Veteran Member
  • I'm back, and I'm gonna stunt :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 12:27:58 AM »
this whole story sounds bullshit to me.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 01:21:57 AM »
OH WHO GIVES A SHIT IF IT DOES ANYTHING, REALLY.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »
Boo speaks here some great words also Haywire did

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »
I felt the same way when I used my Pentagram bikes for the first time. My mind thought it would handle differently, so I didn't stunt the same. It's just a headfuck.
Yeah, I've had that placebo effect aswell, when I've been stunting with others bikes after recording stunts. I felt like it was way easier to RADs with Tackleberry's bike for instance. Sorry for off-topic.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:20:38 AM by Mr.Magic »

Offline Labiloute

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »

x2

off topic, i got a dff model for my nrg500 with only one exhaust and nothing change.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal