Author Topic: Lagoon  (Read 47923 times)

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »
I take my full review back ....... <_<

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »
 that rotten bastard Kan. And of course he's got ME sayin it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 06:40:05 PM by Neo Anderson »

Offline kr3mlin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://neoretrofilms.blogspot.com
Lagoon
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »
Now its too late to edit my first post and be seen so here is a new one

My review:

Intro and editing: Good and entertaining and well edited. Neo's line made me laugh. I really liked the style of it though and it led into the main very well. The editing for the main was nice and clean, not too many effects but consistent throughout. The zoom in prior to stunts was great. I am guessing it has something to do with Dannye's program which I have no idea about. The scripting was nice and smooth and set the mood up for fun, not attitude, just fun

Stunts: As an overall comment I loved not seeing a single bike in the whole video, it was really refreshing for me and the kind of video I could watch many many times over. The stunts themselves varied in quality but I didn't really care because it was the overall mood and effect of the video that carried everything through nicely. So feel free to ignore any negative comments below

Specific stunt and editing comments:
02:20 - Brulla: Cool opener, really emphasized the video concept by using a car almost never seen in stunt videos
02:28 - Kaneda: Another good stunt, I am not a fan of the map error landing though, just looks weird
02:33 - Dannye: Great stunt, midway through I did not know where the stunt was going, then you just decided to land and stay on that roof, how cool is that
02:42 - Brulla: Nice idea, a bit short in terms of the grind but I guess that cannot be helped
02:48 - Brulla: Great work with the hotring and nice editing fx at the start
02:55 - Samurai: I've always been a fan of the Blista so this stunt made me smile, great spot
03:01 - Brulla: This stunt really shows how suited the hotring is to stunting with the second bump giving just enough height
03:09 - Samurai: Good work with the tank and nice rotation
03:14 - Dannye: Solid landing again, pretty simple execution but nice and smooth
03:22 - Brulla: This stunt is a beast, I don't know how you discovered a caddy could grind like that but great work
03:28 - Dannye: Well placed for the point in the song and awesome all round...how come the light poles had no effect tho? (sorry if someone else has already asked)
03:42 - Brulla: Interesting stunt, I like the whole 2 wheels thing...but it just felt unplanned. Still looked cool
03:55 - Brulla: Well done with the helicopter hit but this stunt just did not do it for me even though I reckon it must have been hard
04:02 - Samurai: Whilst I am sure it is a hard stunt plane stunts in VC generally don't excite me that much
04:08 - Brulla: A firetruck is a big heavy cumbersome vehicle: stop treating it like its a sports car!
04:15 - Samurai: A pretty simple ramp to landing kind of stunt I felt...not that impressive
04:21 - Kaneda: A good stunt, but the editing change at the point where Kan hit the tree made it harder to see what was going on.
04:29 - Brulla:  Cool
04:35 - Neo: Nice wallride mate, your new favourite stunting type it seems
04:42 - Brulla: Good boat stunt, with the precision landing as well
04:48 - Samurai: Great grind mate, really dug this stunt and editing perfectly with the fade I felt
04:56 - Brulla: This was an odd stunt but it was stylish so think its a thumbs up
05:02 - Samurai: Epic stunt...I almost thought you had that roof after the bonk but alas you didn't, still it made me sit up when I saw this stunt
05:09 - Kaneda: Great stunt, I like how it moved so suddenly to the left before lifting up onto the ledge
05:15 - Brulla: Great height on this stunt, well done
05:21 - Neo: I liked this wallride alot, don't know exactly why, but sweet nonetheless  Nice little editing flourish at the end as well
05:28 - Dannye: Is this like the longest distance ever covered by a single stunt? You are one lucky son of a bitch  Great stunt and edited superbly
05:44 - Brulla: I don't know how this was done, but it was awesome and great camera angles as well. Freeplay as work?
05:56 - Neo: Another wallride, keep them up dude
06:03 - Dannye: The camming really made this stunt since I had no idea what was ahead and therefore where the stunt was going
06:09 - Kaneda: Nice grind, good balance on it all the way through
06:16 - Samurai & Brulla: Funky little stunts, I like that two people in the video landed each side rather than a single stunter whoring the same idea
06:23 - Dannye: Weird that it got stuck. I really liked this stunt, it is a pity that the grind did not go further though
06:29 - Neo: I had this idea one time, but never got around to it so I am really happy that this was landed
06:36 - Brulla: Again I appreciate that this could have been tricky, but plane stunts are not my thing in VC and it wasn't perfectly clean
06:43 - Brulla: Great use of the environment, I had no idea where you were going to land once you got air but when you did get it I smiled  
06:49 - Brulla: This is one stunt that I will remember for a long time, to think that a caddy could land that roof from such a classic spot is amazing. Great work mate, I salute you
07:02 - Kaneda: Cool stunt and nice smooth barrel roll made it even cooler
07:09 - Brulla: You just don't stop...awesome idea and totally original, the kind of stunt I wish I thought up
07:16 - Kaneda: So clean, simple bump but then no movement once you were in the air, luck maybe but man it looked good
07:23 - Brulla: Again like I said with Kan's tank stunt, I am not a fan of the map glitch landings even with a cool bump like that
07:30 - Kaneda: Nice sideways grind, good use of a different type of vehicle too
07:39 - Madmax: A bit underwhelming for this stunt, good to see you in the video I guess
07:43 - Neo: A perfect example of car wallriding to show people in the future. It shows just what is possible in terms of what can be driven along.
07:53 - Samurai: Ummmm, yeah I guess that is kinda fucking epic
08:00 - Samurai: Your two best stunts in the video side by side. Great long grind with rotation and flips as well. Top work mate
08:10 - Brulla: Your video, your finisher...and one stunt that will be remembered for a long time mate. Definitely a contender for best stunt of the year. Bumps can get higher, grinds can get longer but this stunt is one of a kind and that is what makes it so memorable. Great transition into the credits song as well

Credits: The credits were all good, but I had to go back and watch them twice the second time since the stunts made me forget to read the text
08:33 - Brulla: Funny stunt, nice use of the map
08:39 - Brulla: At least you won't forget where you parked it
08:44 - Kaneda: Funny stuff, maybe a new way to set up a tank bump?
08:56 - Neo: Nicely done
09:03 - Dannye: Flip to flip...fun
09:09 - Brulla: Nose landing  Imagine you held it hehe
09:16 - Brulla: Simple little stunt
09:25 - Brulla: I liked this stunt a fair bit actually, mainly because of the use of a different vehicle
09:30 - Madmax: Nice tank bump mate, good rotation
09:36 - Samurai: Cool idea especially since I thought it was a blooper at first

Overall: Yeah I reckon you guys might have a future in stunting  Top work all round. Lagoon is a special video because it has perfect presentation, a great attitude and so many great ideas. I am sure it will once of those videos to be remembered because I am almost sure it will start a trend on GTAS towards more car stunts which will be a great thing. I would be lying if I said that it didn't make me go out and stunt in a car

Thanks for sharing guys, I will watch this video whenever I want to have fun and be inspired
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:29:30 PM by kr3mlin »

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »
Quote from: Mythic
God i love hidden messages, this one pwns

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »
Thanks a bunch for that great review Kremlin, really appreciated when coming from you. Saw some questions there, thought I'd answer them:

Quote from: kr3mlin
The zoom in prior to stunts was great. I am guessing it has something to do with Dannye's program which I have no idea about.

Indeed it was possible with his great little tool, as well as my leaf links bridge grind angles, which you also wondered.

03:22 - Brulla: This stunt is a beast, I don't know how you discovered a caddy could grind like that but great work

A lot of people misunderstood this stunt. It's not a grind, it's actually just a 2 wheelie on a really thin wall, the sparks at the beginning just caused when the metal hit the wall.

03:42 - Brulla: Interesting stunt, I like the whole 2 wheels thing...but it just felt unplanned. Still looked cool

Might of looked like it but trust me, it sure as hell wasn't. Took me a fair while to complete that concept, doing a 2 wheelie up a palm, that is. After a while, I came up with that spot. The aiming is a bit of a bitch btw,  I had to switch wheels at one point to get the correct angle.

And yeah, the intro is an amazing piece of work. The detail in it is the reason I love it. Those easter eggs in it being one of those details.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:06:31 AM by Brulla »

Offline kr3mlin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://neoretrofilms.blogspot.com
Lagoon
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »
I get the idea about the two wheels now, very cool. Maybe the camming could have been improved to direct peoples attention to the wheels then? Just a thought

Offline KIDwild

• what?!
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:30 AM »
 ROFL!!

Offline Cdarmy

• Green*Dragon
  • Veteran Member
  • BK Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/user/cdarmy
Lagoon
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2008, 02:38:46 AM »
Haha nice!

Offline infested

• View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2008, 05:59:56 AM »
You made it look so easy it's ridiculous. Stunts were kind of funny as well as impressing, I mean, this video could not been done by any other than you guys, no others seem to have this "outside the box"-thinking you do.

Refreshing video, makes me miss stunting. But not the failing/attempting part. FUCK THAT.

Offline Emperatris

• Veteran Member
  • EmpyLicious | Ms. Elle
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2008, 06:22:08 AM »
I might take another look if it's in the video.

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »
No it's not, I made it with Paint.

Offline Emperatris

• Veteran Member
  • EmpyLicious | Ms. Elle
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »
Yay! For F*cking Nitzkit.

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »
Thanks for the review Kr3mlin.

and thx for the feedback guys. Was a blast making it and now kinda sad it's over  

Offline Skamer_PL

• View Profile
Lagoon
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
Fantastic job ATS !! You create fairests VC stuntmovies.

mmm I love it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal