Author Topic: GTA IV Opinions  (Read 29850 times)

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 03:21:56 PM »
i just beat three leaaf clover last night, you also unlock

the ski mask to wear as a hat
btw did you guys kill playboy x or D? i took out playboy for his loft and the gta3 suit. also is the hear tof liberty teh thing in the statue of happiness cause if so then yes. you unlock jersey (alderny after 3leaf clover) and be sure king you becoem friends with lil jacob, earn ability to buy guns from his car. (his stuff is osmetimes cheaper) fill up on everything but ak-47 ammo. (its replaced with a carbine which you can buy ammo for after the misson. also make sure you got full body armor and health and just stay behind cover and let the boys do the hard part.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
Hey guys! I picked up GTA4 when it came out and I have a few thoughts, probably nothing different from what has already been said.

- The city is amazing. The detail is fantastic, up to the wrinkles on the dress of the secretary in one of the missions.
- The AI is pretty good all things considered. They react to what i'm doing and in different ways. If i'm breaking into a car, some people run away, others stare and occasionally (usually when I am almost out of health) will attack me.
- The physics. I nearly pissed myself the first time I shot Niko through the windshield.

Dislikes:
A lot of minor issues here
- The handling of the cars is a real pain in the ass. Its like the streets are covered in ice so you need to slow down to almost a dead stop to corner otherwise you spin out.
- Has anyone else really had a hell of a time with the combat in the game? I actually think this is a downgrade from previous GTAs.
- I just discovered the "sleep mode" feature on the phone. Before I would constantly get calls from people I don't want to see so to avoid pissing anyone off I have to drive across the city to take them out so they don't get pissed with me.

Overall it is a stunning game but the missions are kinda repeatitive and mirror those from older games. I haven't done much stunting and I probably won't until I complete the game a few times.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
I did a 360 burnout kinda thing, ya know the reverse + accelerate button at same time and do donuts...well, my rear wheels were stripped away!

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »
Quote from: Kingjad
I did a 360 burnout kinda thing, ya know the reverse + accelerate button at same time and do donuts...well, my rear wheels were stripped away!
Yeah lollers tires pop after too much rubber burning. The details are awsome. Another thing that annoys me is that car doors are solid, i was so used to them not being and now when i exit a vehicle i either have to go around them or jump them. Should have seen me on my first day playing, would spend like 10 secs trying to run through the fucking door each time i got out.

Offline JayFoxRox

• View Profile
    • Homepage
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 11:31:29 PM »
Lol, same for me juan, I usually leave the vehicle and start running forwards instantly - right into the door.
But it can be fun to steal cars and go backwards when the driver is still stuck behind the door and tries to get away
However, with the time I actually learned to wait for the player to close the door.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2008, 04:38:23 AM »
Erm...use jump button, just leap over car door

Also, jump up and down stairs to save time.

Things I learned last night:

1) Kiki is paranoid

2) You can't jump on top of a moving train on foot without killing yerself

3) I scuk at 'Three Leaf Clover', failed again!

4) I could never kill that miserable bastard Dwayne.

Offline jessrocked

• Veteran Member
  • Victory Loves Preparation
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jessrocked
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2008, 05:02:14 AM »
Quote from: Kingjad
SPOILER ABOUT PIGEONS!

kill all the pigeons and you get a unique prize, for some daft bastarding reason

so there are animals..!!

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2008, 05:34:21 AM »
Aye, there are. I blew up a car and it said '199 flying rats remaining', must've caught one during the explosion!

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2008, 06:21:40 AM »
Its like the game wanted me to kill a pigeon - (if I remember correctly) I was doing one of the delivery missions for jacob (early in game) and the camera angle chosen when giving the guy the package was one that had a glowing pigeon right in front of it!

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
At Star Junction (Times Square), there are weird unmarked missions to do involving some guy who wants to be a rapper. If you go near him the camera automatically kinda centres on him, just walk up to him and a cutscene will start. Can't mind his name, but he is found at that bright-light Star Junction section in various places.

Offline Tim

• View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »
Just started in the game, and wow this is so awesome. The graphics, the atmosphere, the gameplay it's all so perfect! Funny though, my happiest moment in this game didn't involve any violence.

The sun was shining and I was just cruising around on my faggio, when jacob called me, (he just needed a ride). When I picked him up he complemented me on my bike (in his fantastic accent). Then we just cruised along the city chitchatting the whole time, with some relaxed reggaeton music (i think) on the radio.

I've tried some tiny stunts (on my faggio ), and stunting is pretty cool in IV. This is the game i've been waiting for!

Edit: Didn't know about the sleep function either, i'll start using it now

Btw does anyone know where to find a pcj600 or a nrg900? I've seen one but i was busy doing a mission so i couldnt get it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:47:45 PM by Tim »

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
Get loads of grenades when you do the mission "Three Leaf Clover" and blow up the police cars, it helps alot!

I'm at around 40% in the game, what about you guys?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:23:16 PM by Ralleee »

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
kingjad i got 3 leaf clover firsttry. unless you kill em your buddies shouldnt die stay back ALWAYS STAY BEHIND COVER AND BLIND FIRE. use the carbine (its the only weapon i used the whole mission) and just stay back and on your buddies asses. tbh the hardest partis getting out of the bank. but take it slow and make sure youve eliminated all enemies. there is no time limit.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
I ain't got a clue what a carbine is, can you get it off Little Jacob or a gun shop yet?

Will throw nades like crazy at cop cars, just shot them until they blew before but nades will work a lot better.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:14:55 PM by Kingjad »

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
GTA IV Opinions
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »
when you start the mission your ak-47 is replaced by a black automatic rifle. itll be in your inventory. use that and for leaving the bank blindfire a shotty. not the spaz-12 though(thats the small black one) use teh big one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal