Author Topic: Kindred Spirit  (Read 12595 times)

Offline Amphetamine

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2007, 11:30:43 AM »
dling mate

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »
Twas an ok vid. The repeating of the construction site walliegrind got old fast though. Carson City A.K.A Ghost town is below the game, like the 3 interiors for the stadium in VC are above it. Your not gonna get a vehicle there legit. It was only intended for the cut-scene that was in LC. Personally I got no prob with the taxi boost there. There's not much to do there anyways.

Offline Skull

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »
Watching.. would dl but my pc is being slow and plus a kitten would die (i get bored waiting).

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
 That wallride2stoppie2grind owned this all.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
this was a very good solo. well done on the wallride to stoppie to grind. 10/10+

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 02:48:51 PM »
Quote from: Neo Anderson
Twas an ok vid. The repeating of the construction site walliegrind got old fast though. Carson City A.K.A Ghost town is below the game, like the 3 interiors for the stadium in VC are above it. Your not gonna get a vehicle there legit. It was only intended for the cut-scene that was in LC. Personally I got no prob with the taxi boost there. There's not much to do there anyways.
what ghost town

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile

Offline Jay

• Veteran Member
  • VR Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2007, 03:05:33 PM »
Dling
Go Flat Face

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
Quote from: Flat Face
and to aries or any mod/ admin who comes in.. can you please delete and stupid posts.. mainly daffy,feron and barney i would watch..
oh, so i can say what i like? cool, thanks

okayyyy where do we start? ah yes, the whole "poetry and swan lake anti-buildup intro". all glowy and slow and making me sleepy... all the stunters involved, mhmm.... then the title "Kindred Spirit". definition: "A kindred spirit is someone who feels and thinks the way you do." hmmm. now that doesn't have anything to do with the video (unless theres a subliminal message when the video is played backwards, let me know about this).  and then theres the pretty swans, which you've "creatively" used to make a love-heart. how... cute. wait, the one on the right has disappeared! WHY DID THAT HAPPEN?! please, let us know!

ok, time for the main part. if you were going for the "im all deep and meaningful" effect, you destroyed it with the sudden appearence of your skull logo. disturbed playing, its an ok band. and once again im met with the same shitty old pan/crop movements. look kids, if you're going to pan and crop your video dont turn the smoothness to zero, and actually use the movement of the camera as an aid. if your camera isn't moving at all DON'T USE PAN/CROP AT ALL. there's a possibility if you only pan/crop for one movement it has a chance of looking decent, but you'll need to know what you're doing to achieve this. halfway through the vid, another favourite editing technique pops up: the loading screen. don't know why this was invented in the first place, it's a movie not a best selling PC game. no need for loading screens.

as for the stunts... those 3 cars stunts are not new methods  our pal ShadowSonic or Omega used the "piled spooshed cars" method in his first solo aswell. even if they were 'new methods' you used them pretty gay, simply landing on average roofs when you could've used in a wallride combo or something. speaking of wallrides, GTFO THE CONSTRUCTION SITE ALREADY. the last stunt was the only decent one. the rest you noobed up by only grinding for half a second. CREATIVE, WOW. "oooh is he going to fly through aga- YES he flew through the bridge again!" seriously, that stunt was the equivelant of doing a wheelie from south to north: long, easy and eventually dead boring. oh, and i'd like to thank Daffy about the whole taxi stunt at Carson City deal, i'll remember not to include the one you sent for Skyward 3. rest of the stunts in this video? meh. you're almost average.

now for credits. yes, i can criticise them! how did you spell the title again? "Kindired Spirit"? you've spelt the title 2 different ways. uh oh. also, you forgot Sweet in the Guest Stunters list, and in your Thanks To list there was bad grammar and next time use a stunter's full name. before you release a vid ALWAYS go over the text you've written. you wouldn't want another review like this would you!

overall: disappointing/10. that Incognito guy who joined after you has released 3 solos already, and they're better than this. i would say "sorry, better luck next time." but you don't seem to like me and you won't accept my suggestions.

this review was brought to you by the staff of Hay and Co.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »
Haywire, that was constructive but it's obvious your just doing it cus you dont like him, -respect man thats harsh.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 03:40:50 PM »
this is why i don't write reviews. they always come out with someone thinking less of me.

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »
Quote from: sony
That wallride2stoppie2grind owned this all.
Agree. Sweet and Ampthemin stunts owned also
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:49:04 PM by godson »

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Haywire
this review was brought to you by the staff of Hay and Co.
That was awesome!    I want a review like this one!  

Offline Dogger

• Veteran Member
  • Beyond Tommorow 2011
    • View Profile
    • Romanesko Official Website
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »
Dloading...

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kindred Spirit
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »
Honestly I felt that the vid wasted a lot of time, you had shown almost every single stunt in the vid at least 2 or 3 times and it was just absurd.

However there were a few standouts.

Good job, instead of going for a 2 part vid just try to go for 1 with your best stunts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal