Author Topic: Underrated  (Read 18416 times)

Offline Bliss

• View Profile
    • http://www.myass.com
Underrated
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »
Wow, finnalight. It´s like it´s the worst video eve rin your eyes. Name was bad, editing was bad, even our bike skins sucked. And not to mention the stunts was lame, very lame. Stunts are the main part of a video aint they?

About the name, watch daffys last post. He exactly know why this vid is called underrated. I´ve seen such  weird comments of members like ´ every nub thinks he can join tms with a sucky vid´. People underrate newbies, why? Because their new obvious.

It´s pathetic you not even mentioned a single Plus. We both got such a less experience and worked hard to create this.

We didn´t know you used this song before and tbh it doesn´t matter, you probally did a better job anyway.

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
The intro was ingenious.

Offline finallight

• View Profile
    • vids
Underrated
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »
I didn't say anything about the the stunts. I even said I wasn't going to say anything.

You guys got like 9 pages of comments like great vid and stuff, and I'm saying I didn't like it. Just deal with it, someone doesn't like your vid, it's gonna happen.

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
Excellent video guys. I'll have to watch it a few more times before I can type up something better for ya'll. I really liked it though. The intro was pretty funny.

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Bliss
About the name, watch daffys last post. He exactly know why this vid is called underrated. I´ve seen such  weird comments of members like ´ every nub thinks he can join tms with a sucky vid´. People underrate newbies, why? Because their new obvious.
people underrate noobies because there stunts arent good, not because their stunts own and they are new. plus you guys are far from being new, you have been here WAY to long

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »
I really liked this vid, 8.9/10

Offline HeX

• View Profile
    • http://
Underrated
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »
9/10 GJ

Offline Valikai

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Underrated
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »
10/10

Good shit guys. That huge boat bump from island to island was insane. I shit myself when I saw it.

Offline PlethZorb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
^*shat.

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »
FUCK!!!I thought that it's an other shit video....GriMm told me yesterday that it's good but it's awesome ...that last packer to stoppie to ledgegrind, the bumps on the water (okay not really on the water but  ).....this video owned congratz

Offline jessrocked

• Veteran Member
  • Victory Loves Preparation
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jessrocked
Underrated
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2007, 01:09:26 AM »
would yall stop from posting? its already 10 pages... lol

Spyk31991

Underrated
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2007, 01:34:59 AM »
Dling

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Underrated
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2007, 02:25:53 AM »
Quote from: Ferσή
Quote from: Bliss
people underrate noobies because there stunts arent good, not because their stunts own and they are new. plus you guys are far from being new, you have been here WAY to long

That's a fair point Feron

Offline Denny

• View Profile
    • http://www.szivatas.extra.hu
Underrated
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2007, 02:33:32 AM »
amazing vid  10/10

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Underrated
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2007, 02:37:18 AM »
Alright finallight, I'm the only one who should be replying to your comment seeing as I edited it, but thanks anyway brandon. First of all I'd like to say thank you for the first negative comment. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger right? I'm not gonna get all defensive, just reform your opinion on some stuff you got twisted. EDIT: I marked the quotes in orange, makes it easier to read.

Ok so let's chop it up from the start.

"Title: The title makes me think that you guys are complaining that you're not appreciated ehough. Which is lame."

This is certainly not the case. We're not complaining, I thought it was a catchy name, nobody really knew our skills and yeah pretty much what Daffy said. That was our point with it. Basicly "give people a chance, 'pro' or 'noob'" theme, get it? This video and it's intro/title was supposed to say that. Those bad comments in the intro were to represent that. Not to tell everyone "Fuck all yall, you don't appreciate us enough! Now look at us bitch, we own you". I mean look at the comment "Bliss you cunt, you lamed my stunt". It's a rhyme, it's a joke, it's not a real comment. It's not like I copy pasted every bad comment about us.

Mkay, next point.

"Music: Intro music was fine, went along with the batman theme, or whatever. I was disappointed by the main song. I used this song awhile ago, and I feel like I did a better job with it. Credits music was fine."

Thanks for what you said about intro and credits music. As I stated before I had no idea the main music had been used, since I haven't seen the video you're talking about. Could I get the name or a link to it?

"Intro: It was neat up until the part when bad video comments started to show. This reminded me of abolition, only in abolition they used positive comments from their past video releases, it was nice, unlike this. Why would you show bad comments? That dampens the mood."

Like I said in my first comment. Plus I haven't seen "Abolition" neither.

"Editing: Ok. Some synchs were there, but you used too many effects to point out synchs some were overwhelming. Examples; 1:09, 1:21, 1:43,1:50-1:52,etc. other times you used transition effects when there wasn't a need for them. Examples; 1:29, 1:47, 1:55, etc."

All I can say is that I agree with you on some points and on others I don't.

"You used some inverting color fades when a regular fade would've done better. A regular fade would've done better, because the transition wouldn't be so dark. When you use a dark tranisition inbwetween 2 light clips it doesn't look good and is distracting. The only time it will look good is when the song fades into a slow part and fades out of a slow part."

Yeah subtractive dissolve. I agree with you at some points it got a little bit too much but in my eyes it was mostly good. I don't want to sound rude but as for the rest I think you're taking it a little bit too serious mayne but as I said, I'm not gonna throw shit at you for it. I thought it synched well with the music at some points, such as the second time the helicopter stunt is shown. And just to name a bad example, I didn't quite like the one right after that to ofthemountain's guest stunt.

"Too much camera shake. Camera shake should accencuate synchs. These intense camera shakes are too much, and it's hard to concentrate on the stunt. I know it's been used in lots of other vids, but that doesn't mean it's good."

If you mean the shakes in my second stunt and those intense "punches" before both Bliss' both CSM's then OK, I understand why you feel this way. If you mean that my hand were shaky while recording, meh I've got nothing to say to that.

"You used some type of swiping light effect to synch when you could have easily just cut from one stunt to another. Examples; 1:35, 2:26."

Ya sure I could've extended the previous clips to make the transition synch with the swiping, that'd be another way to edit it. But I thought it looked good, synched well and it wasn't annoying or in the way for the actual stunts.

"Zooming in. You used a quick zoom in and pull back effect for many synchs, this is annyoing. You don't need such a harsh effect to synch. Remember to accentuate the synch, don't overwhelm it."

I know how you feel, I felt so when I saw those two stunts shaking in Kamikaze (no disrespect Daffy). But yet again, I felt it didn't came in the way for the actual stunts.

"Consistancy. If a you use a certain effect on a certain word in the song, use that same effect on the same word throughout the song. Same with the beat in the song."

I'm pretty sure you're aiming at those "fast zoom in one clip to zoom out the other transition" in between 2 of Bliss' grinds (Finnisher and before interlude). If this is the case, it's one of the points I agree with. I was very unsure if I was gonna use it or not.

"3:00 - 3:26. typical. rough/hateful part of song and you use red, but you didn't keep it consistent. The beginning of the rough part isn't red, and the tv simulator effect didn't look good, maybe if you had used a different color other than gray, and had the simulator effect fade fade into the clip it would've looked better."

Yes I understand what you mean. I was thinking of putting the red shade to that grind but this time I thought it would ruin the actual stunt. I suppose this was kind of the "filler" of the video so yeah I suppose the red overlay would've worked anyway. Don't get me wrong Bliss, I liked that stunt very much simply because you bounce off the wall into the stoppie, and the grind is hella clean.

"3:26 - 3:40. This was nice, it matched that part of the song, and the effect used was good. I think it could be improved upon in the future though. If you cut out the taxi from the effect and only have the background being delayed, I think it would look much better."

Yay something positive! Actually the taxi was sort of cut away from the effect, just not in the beginning and end.

"3:41 - 3:44. Way to mess up a nice slow part of the song =/ You just do a cut (very short fade) when a slow part is going. You should have faded inbetween the clips slower, even though it would've been better to just have the taxi stunt during the entire slow part."

Frankly I wanted to do an even longer fade and I think it would've worked. And in this clip the faded overlay was much worse than it was at the taxi clip, imo.

"Some camera angles couldv'e been better."

I agree to a certain extent. It'd be nice of you if you could point out the exact ones you thought was bad, so that I know what to improve until next time.

"Other stuff: Your bike skins suck. Don't use blank white for anything, cause it looks blank, dull and stupid."

Now you're getting nasty, come on now that's just overkill. Bliss' bike is fully black, ofthemountain's is crazy beautiful so you must be talking about mine. Ya sure it looks a bit dull without any brightness/contrast effect added to the clip but I really could care less.

"I'm not saying anything about the stunts."

Ok now this is where your post is getting stupid. Cus as I've said pretty much about every thing you pointed out is that it's the stunts that matter the most.

"I didn't like this video very much as a whole, then I see eveybody saying it's great, 10/10, but I don't get it, cause I didn't think it was anything special, just another collab. I post stating my opinion, and then brandon tells me off."

I respect your opinion and I'm glad you shared it with us. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------
I've never implied we we're newbies, just "Underrated".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:47:42 AM by Mr.Magic »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal