Author Topic: How to delete a trial of fraps.  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Link

• View Profile
How to delete a trial of fraps.
« on: May 05, 2007, 02:35:29 AM »
Solution 1

1: uninstall fraps retail and/or demo

2: delete the files in your temp folder (eg: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\local settings\temp)

3: delete the file frapsvid.dll located in your windows\system32

4: Open up regedit, do a search for {06D25F1D-4E4A-614E-267F-6AE746520B43} (ctrl + F)

5: Once you have found your folder, press on the + beside it, that should bring up its subdirs. delete all subdirs except for "InprocServer32"

6: move on to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses, delete it.

7: now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RFC1156Agent \Currentversion\parameters and delete the "parameters" directory

8: after deleting "parameters" dir, goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography \RNG and deleete "RNG" dir also.

9: lastly, close regedit and reboot your pc

Solution 2Files at bottom of this page

1. remove old verion of fraps / trial
2. restarted pc
3. start regedit and search for nZgFQGQhfU (if u got it) and delete its CONTENT (not the main folder)
4. delete folder “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses" (note i dont have anything licenced installed so u might have to search for the right key if u have licenced products installed in your pc)
5. search register for "fraps" and "fps1" and delete every result u get
6. delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RFC1156Agent \Currentversion\parameters" the parameters folder
7. delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG" the rng folder
8. delete all files u can from "C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\local settings\temp"
9. delete frapsvid.dll located in "c:\windows\system32" folder
8. dowload and install MSCOMCTL.OCX file and Trial-Reset (if links dont work use google)
9. run Trial-Reset and search for "protectors" menu, select armadillo and select scan
10. right-click every search result and select clear

11a. If u got no problems deleting the search results just install ur FULL verion of fraps and enjoy

11b. if u get acces denied on any of the armadillo registery keys when tried to clear, go to regedit again and search for the key in question (u can see the root/location in the Trial-Reset search results)
12. right-click the key in question and select "rights" (7th option) and check the boxes: "full rights, read and special rights" click ok
13. now u can delete the whole key in question
14. Re-scan with Trial-Reset and if u get no results from armadillo install ur FULL verion of fraps and enjoy

Solution 3

1) Uninstall the demo or the retail versions of fraps.
2) Close any application that YOU (not necessarily your computer) might be running.
3) Open Regedit.
4) Press Ctrl+F to bring up the searching tool and ask it to search for “nZgFQGQhfU” exclude the quotation marks. The reason why we need to perform a search trough the whole registry is because this value gets installed into different paths depending on the computer it is running on. But I’m pretty sure it’s name remains always the same.
5) When it finds that value, delete it. DO NOT delete the Key/Folder that contains this value.
6) Now delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses".
7) Close Regedit.
8) Now click Start/Run: CMD (Open the DOS command prompt) And type del /s /q *.tmp
9) Exit the DOS prompt once it has finished doing the instruction described above.
10) Install the retail version of fraps (make sure you are not installing the demo)

Solution 4Files at bottom of this page

1: uninstall fraps retail and/or demo
2:delete the files in your temp folder (eg: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\local settings\temp)
3:delete the file frapsvid.dll located in your windows\system32
4:Open up regedit, do a search for {06D25F1D-4E4A-614E-267F-6AE746520B43} (ctrl + F)
5:Once you have found your folder, press on the + beside it, that should bring up its subdirs. delete all subdirs except for "InprocServer32"
6:move on to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses, delete it.
7:now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RFC1156Agent \Currentversion\parameters and delete the "parameters" directory
8:after deleting "parameters" dir, goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography \RNG and delete "RNG" dir also.
9:lastly, close regedit and reboot your pc

Solution 5

1. Uninstall fraps.
2. Run regedit and search for (ctrl+ and delete "nZgFQGQhfU." (if it exists)
3. While in regedit, delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Licenses.
4. delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Fraps (if it exists).
5. delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Fraps2 (if it exists).
6. search the registry for "fraps" and delete anything that looks like it has to do with fraps
7. Jump to your C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Local Settings\Temp folder and delete
EVERYTHING that it will let you delete.
8. Delete C:\Fraps (or wherever you installed fraps, in my case, C:\Program Files\Fraps) (if it exists)
9. Search for "fraps" in your computer, and delete everything it pops up (unless you recognize something as not part of the program)

Just start with the first method. I only done the 1st and second method.

After you have done that DOWNLOAD THIS FILE
Its Called TRIAL-RESET

Look for PROTECTORS at the top of Trial Reset, (Its next to File, edit, Options)

Fraps uses the ARMADILO Protector so look for that in the list, ( Its the 3rd one down ) select SCAN

A list of reg entries will be displayed, right click on each one and select CLEAR key. DO THEM ALL. Close TRIAL-RESET.

Ripped from HERE

[attachment=4652:Trialreset.zip]
*NOTE* There has been found two viruses in trialreset. these two files:
1. Plugins\Empty Key.dll
2. Plugins\Alcohol 1.x.dll

You could just delete those, the program will still work. *NOTE*

Libary Files
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:49:06 PM by Link »

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 02:40:08 AM »
Man, thats a handy tutorial. Awesome job

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 02:44:37 AM »
Nice tut.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:46:17 AM by Crazy »

Offline Aeneon

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:49:56 AM »
Ever heard of uninstall

Offline JayFoxRox

• View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 04:24:43 AM »
hoho lol i wouldnt do that, some of theys keys are windows internals created at the windows setup - taking your pc to the nirvana, some solutions look fine though

Offline PitBulisS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 06:12:34 AM »
So wich i need to use?

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 06:37:16 AM »
Good work

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »
If anyone wanted to know solution 5 worked for me but i didn't try the other ones. Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:59:53 AM by Linkdk »

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:38 AM »
All I did was uninstall Fraps, install RegCleaner. Cleaned out all my fraps entries with a single click. And reinstall fraps.

So much easier than all that.

But still, good work on the tutorial man.

Offline CempaS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 10:34:03 AM »
I hope this work!!! I've got a demo version of Fraps, and it lags and it's shitty and sux  

If this work i'll give u fucking points!!!!

Offline CempaS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 10:45:41 AM »
Tried option 5, didn't work..

What's "Redigit"?

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »
Quote from: CempaS
Tried option 5, didn't work..

What's "Redigit"?

"regedit" is where you can go in and see all reg intries in windows.

Quote from: Torque
All I did was uninstall Fraps, install RegCleaner. Cleaned out all my fraps entries with a single click. And reinstall fraps.

So much easier than all that.

Yea someone are luckier than other

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:12:56 AM by Linkdk »

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 11:24:25 AM »
I never installed a trial version

Offline CempaS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
Bah, i don't get it working..

The thing that annoys me is that the guy who had this pc before me installed the demo Fraps -.-

Offline finallight

• View Profile
    • vids
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
I don't get why you would need to do this. I install and uninstall a demo version of fraps (Fraps 2.8.2) a lot, and then go on and install fraps 1.9 and everything works fine. Did fraps recently start doing a limited time trial?

I remember a couple of years ago, I couldn't delete fraps fully from my comp, but I think that happened cause I didn't uninstall it correctly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal