Author Topic: Turtle Dick  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
Turtle Dick
« on: January 28, 2007, 04:50:42 AM »
Turtle Dick

How did you come up with your nickname? (Fugitive)

I've been asked this one lots of times. Basically Kenny already answered it for me. I was watching the movie "Beverly Hills Cop II" a few years ago. At one point in the Movie Eddy Murphy went into a house and saw a turtle in there. Then he looked at it closely and said "I've always wondered where a turtle's dick is". Later that night I went to gtaforums.com for the first time and I had to come up with a nickname. Seeing as how I couldn't find any better name I thought about that scene and signed up as Turtle Dick. I wasn't planning on keeping that name but after I made my first post over there someone said I was the King of usernames. So I decided to keep it.  

What stunt method do you wish you had invented and why? (fb?)

I think I did the first ever SA Infernus tankbump (in Aftershock), although thats hardly a new "method", just a new way of doing a stunt. Real methods like the BBM (discovered by Xtramus, not me as some people think), THEFTman's PSB and RAD's speed method are great cause they are something completely innovating, not just an add-on on an already existing method. If I had to pick a method I wish I'd invented I'd say the BBM.

If you could have anyone at all in TMS, who would it be and why? You may pick one each from VC and SA, and they don't have to be around anymore too. (Kingjad)

Nice question. I'd have to go with Dannye and RAD. Dannye cause he's amazing. Everything he does is as original as it gets and looks awesome. I have no idea how he comes up with most of his stuff. RAD literally changed SA stunting with his speed meyhod. Just when everyone thought SA dried up RAD shows up and lands every stunt that wasn't possible before with his method. He's crazy. I mean a 183ft SA p2b... that even pwns the VC p2b WR. Who wouldn't want a guy like that in their crew?

Do you ever look at other games to stunt in? (kr3mlin)

Nah actually I don't. Before I started stunting SA and VC I played the THPS games alot. But those games are meant for stunting or doing tricks so they got boring after a while. I remember trying something in Driv3r but that game really sucked. I'm pretty sure I'd try some stunts if I got a new game involving bikes/cars though, but so far I didn't. Maybe If I did I'd make a small vid haha.

Is there anyone you look up to? Like, is there someone you strive to become like? (Tackleberry)

I look up to lots of people. People like Kert, kr3mlin, Juan, Liviu, ... have inspired me into trying lots of different types of stunts. There's isn't anybody I'm striving to be though.

When looking for a new stunt do you ever feel like trying something weird and different, or are you content with following the standards in stunting and pushing them to great heights? (kr3mlin)

I try to do both. I think I have done some weird stunts in the past (they looked weird to me anyway ) but I also like to find/try "normal" stunts. I have pushed myself to landing stunts in the past alot. When I started ps2 stunting and I saw people like Buzzsaw and Gotups landing those high roofs I somehow got the idea to land all 3 SA stadiums. I really don't know why but that was my goal back then. When I got the PC version I immediately started looking for ideas to land them. I consider my bump to LS stadium (in Atelophobia) as one of my 'best' stunts, mainly cause I then achieved my personal goal of landing all 3 stadiums. I remember staying on that roof doing wheelies and taking pics for hours, ask Omni.

Why TMS? Why didn't you join one of the more known crews of the time? (Tackleberry)

At the time TMS was started there were 2 SA ps2 crews around. XSA and the BaseMent crew. I think we all thought about joining XSA then cause they were the only crew that released amazing vids at that time (Domination and Here To Stay). Actually the three of us (Sweet, me and JDHJJ (= Fate)) knew we wouldn't get in XSA cause the SA PC version was recently released and they were looking for PC stunters. After I released my third ps2 solo "Destruction", link in TMS section , JDHJJ PM'ed me at gtaforums.com and he asked me if I wanted to start a crew with him. After that we spoke to Sweet and he was in too. Somehow Calcos got in too the next day eventhough he had the PC version. To be honest I have no idea who came up with "Twisted Metal Stunters". It was either Fate or Calcos. One of them told me and Sweet they found a name and we liked it so we kept it.
I really can't imagine myself being into another crew too. Watching TMS evolve since it first started into what it is now has been great. I'd like to thank every past/current TMS member for this. Yes, even you Antidote .

What do you think is the most enjoyable thing about making stunting videos? (i.e. the stunting, the editing, the comments from other people etc.) (Xtramus)

The most enjoyable thing has to be the stunting part, obviously. Reading comments is great, even negative ones, but nothing beats the seconds after you land a crazy stunt you've been trying for ages. Stunting is fun, even doing those easyass bumps at MTA or SAMP over and over again. The GTA games aren't made for stunting, yet we come up with these crazy ideas and actually land them. Cruising around with other stunters on SAMP (or even going undercover ) is awesome.

What do you like to see in a stunt vid? (Haywire)

Same as most people I think: stunts, nice editing and a good song. You can have the best stunts ever and ruin a vid with laggy recording and horrible editing. Some of the best stuntvids have lots of old stunts but amazing editing and a great song. Although these things are all about personal taste. You can't make THE perfect vid cause some people may love a song while others rather kill themself than listening to it.

How did you find out about GTAStunting.com? (Fugitive)

I remember finishing my first ps2 vid (TURTLE STUNTS) and posting it at gtaforums.com. Comments were nice and I started looking for other sites to post it and to watch stuntvids. I think I ended up at gta-sanandreas.com before I got here. There I saw DeathCobra's vids ("Burnout" & "Torque") which mentioned gtastunting Forumz in the credits. I think people like Kingjad, Buzzsaw, Juan or Gotups mentioned gtastunting.com at gtaforums which made me go to this place. Hard to remember though.

Offline Rev

• View Profile
Turtle Dick
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 04:56:21 AM »
Great to have MTS back

Offline PlethZorb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Turtle Dick
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 04:57:39 AM »
TD is the best all round stunter. Face It.

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Turtle Dick
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 04:59:53 AM »
Hehe nice interview

Offline SoRu

• View Profile
    • http://www.naciongta.com
Turtle Dick
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 05:02:10 AM »
yes, i enjoyed...  

Offline SoRu

• View Profile
    • http://www.naciongta.com
Turtle Dick
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 05:02:13 AM »
yes, i enjoyed...  

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Turtle Dick
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 05:02:35 AM »
I forgot all about this  Nice answers turd-hole.

Calcos came up with the TMS name according to our history...

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dota-allstars.com
Turtle Dick
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 05:10:37 AM »
Quote from: PlethZorb
TD is the best all round stunter. Face It.

Offline Tarantula

• View Profile
Turtle Dick
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
he is the best all around stunter i know

Offline PlethZorb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Turtle Dick
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 04:39:33 AM »
Absolutely manga!

Offline AmericanPsycho

• Banned
  • Advanced member
    • View Profile
    • AmericanPsycho2930
Turtle Dick
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
Hey Turtle Dick I have seen many of your movies. You rule   *Grinding away slowly

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal