Author Topic: Alone  (Read 7023 times)

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
Re: Alone
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
Some great ideas and it seems that you have a lot of potential but get rid of those slow grinds, they look ugly and stupid.

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »
Some great ideas and it seems that you have a lot of potential but get rid of those slow grinds, they look ugly and stupid.
Basically this.
Nice to see you around here again with that kind of video! As I can see you still like barrack bumping. :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »
Nice video! You had some really cool stunts :D. However, it was a bit of a mixed bag. You had some stunts that I loved, some that I thought were "good", but many stunts that I didn't like at all. I'll focus on the stunts that I did like in my review.

[Opening Barracks Bump to Precision] - Nice one! I was hoping for a better landing, but it was cool :).
[Curb Bump to Bush Ledge Grind to Bump to Wall Spin to Grind] My favourite stunt in the video, it looked awesome!
[Tennis Net Double Grind] Good job, the 180 spin made it all come together. But frankly, I wish you didn't just ramp onto the rails.
[LV Bump to Sign Wallride to Grind] This would've been great, but the curb bump wasn't particularly interesting. If you had bumped from a different position, I would give it a thumbs up.
[MTB LV Sign Combination to Grind] Very flowy, I liked this a lot! Would have been even better with a 360 spin on the precision.
[MTB SF Ships Combination] The best execution I've seen on this spot! However, I wish that the grind wasn't so slow.
[LS Stadium NRG Grind] Good stunt. Didn't blow me away, but it's quite impressive.
[LV Four Dragons Sign] I wish you had gone for the precision, because without that, this stunt is pretty easy.
[SF Crane Landing] I didn't know that this was possible, awesome stunt! It's a shame that you got a cliffhanger, but I don't know how hard it is, and you did manage to get back on the crane. So it doesn't really matter :P.
[SF Black Natural Bump to Roof] Awesome landing :D. I don't remember if this is old or not, but I think CleanDogg might have done it. Nonetheless, good job :).
[SF Barracks Bump to White Roof] Looked great, well played!

Honestly, I disliked the other stunts. You can combo just about everything in this game, but that doesn't mean that you should. In that regard, I found your other stunts disappointing. This was a great solo, but if I were you, I would have cut away the fillers. Well done :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:40:54 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »
Some crazy stuff. Some weird stuff. Not the best Video of the year imo.

Offline Demon

• Wasteland Heroes
  • conceited guys are ridiculous
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »
really awesome combos .good ideas anyway

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
I agree with most of what the people here posted.

Mind giving me replays of 3:03 and all stunts after 6:00?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:35:30 PM by TurBo »

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »
Great vieo apart from mtb jumps, that method got boring after 2takesit , it's just kind of stunt that's cool because of the grat idea and then it just fades away the way I see it

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 02:10:04 AM »
Nice video! You had some really cool stunts :D. However, it was a bit of a mixed bag. You had some stunts that I loved, some that I thought were "good", but many stunts that I didn't like at all. I'll focus on the stunts that I did like in my review.

[Opening Barracks Bump to Precision] - Nice one! I was hoping for a better landing, but it was cool :).
[Curb Bump to Bush Ledge Grind to Bump to Wall Spin to Grind] My favourite stunt in the video, it looked awesome!
[Tennis Net Double Grind] Good job, the 180 spin made it all come together. But frankly, I wish you didn't just ramp onto the rails.
[LV Bump to Sign Wallride to Grind] This would've been great, but the curb bump wasn't particularly interesting. If you had bumped from a different position, I would give it a thumbs up.
[MTB LV Sign Combination to Grind] Very flowy, I liked this a lot! Would have been even better with a 360 spin on the precision.
[MTB SF Ships Combination] The best execution I've seen on this spot! However, I wish that the grind wasn't so slow.
[LS Stadium NRG Grind] Good stunt. Didn't blow me away, but it's quite impressive.
[LV Four Dragons Sign] I wish you had gone for the precision, because without that, this stunt is pretty easy.
[SF Crane Landing] I didn't know that this was possible, awesome stunt! It's a shame that you got a cliffhanger, but I don't know how hard it is, and you did manage to get back on the crane. So it doesn't really matter :P.
[SF Black Natural Bump to Roof] Awesome landing :D. I don't remember if this is old or not, but I think CleanDogg might have done it. Nonetheless, good job :).
[SF Barracks Bump to White Roof] Looked great, well played!

Honestly, I disliked the other stunts. You can combo just about everything in this game, but that doesn't mean that you should. In that regard, I found your other stunts disappointing. This was a great solo, but if I were you, I would have cut away the fillers. Well done :D

Thanks for this detailed feedback ! really good to know what i should be making better in the next solo :p

Offline mehmet

• MEMEETH
  • Veteran Member
  • Pönda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GTASMehMet
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 03:04:42 AM »
fucking amazing!

your stunt style is just the kind that i like

this video was pure enjoyment to me and i would love to see more of this stuff  :wub:

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 03:07:16 AM »
man those stunts have totally blown me away... I mean those combos and shit gotta be the best stuff I've seen this year

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 03:27:47 AM »
Big thanks guys,you are really motivating me :)

Offline SideWinder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 03:31:24 AM »
Awesome combo grind ! Realy enjoy your vid dude !

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 04:03:18 AM »
That was really a great video, idea-wise. Easily one of the most creative videos I've ever seen here. However, you really need to work on your executions man, it felt sad/painful to watch some of those. Just touching a rail and sticking to it or going very slowly does not imply a grind.

8.5/10

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:21 AM »
Almost everything was said already about the slow grinds, etc. But this video was great man, make another one  :jajaja: Great thinking aswell, I probably coulden't find most of these spots.

Offline JaiK

• Veteran Member
  • god himself
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
God damn it...I lost the stunt at 6:14  <_<  but I still looooooooove the video. The smoothness and relaxing feeling of the video is just perfect  :wub:  and also all those nice curb bumps  :lol:  really nice to see some creative things out of already landed spots  :happy:  gr8 job!  :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal