Author Topic: Demon & Ruiner - Frostbite  (Read 23111 times)

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Demon & Ruiner - Frostbite
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »
I'm not denying the fact a mod was used.

The true question is, what are rules? In my opinion, it's something that was written a while ago that covers most scenarios and that lets us know how to react in a situation. If we obey the rules, the video should be moved to the Modded section.

But rules are not perfect, because their author cannot have thought of every single case, and even so if he did there are still sometimes when a human has to interact and voice his opinion, because even if it may not be right it will always be superior to following one piece of text.

When I see a video in the Modded section, I expect it to use stuff like ramps, modified handling or gravity or whatever you can think of. In this video I see great effort of using a clean game and pushing it to the limits, with one stunt where not the run up nor the bump was modified, but the landing. He never meant to make his stunt easier but just to make it look better by not crashing into an invisible wall that shouldn't be there.

A very tiny part of the video is modded. The perfect solution is to move it to the Modded section, the correct solution is to let it in the unmodded section, because we are not perfect and that's the least of credit these guys deserve for such a video.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:27 AM »
Unmodded section is for videos where nothing is modified. Everything in there is possible without modifying the game. In this video, something is modified. Which is why it is moved. It's not my fault that you associate the modded section with modded handling or added ramps, and even if the creators weren't aware it is still a fact that it was used. If you guys are letting this slip we might as well start using the reality mod, remove or move objects as we please because it will "look better" or "make it easier".

If we are going to let things stay in the unmodded section just because the video or the makers "deserve it" there is no point in having separate sections in the first place. And if you are going to give special treatment to people who make good content then that is totally unfair.

A tiny part of the video is modded, it goes in the modded section. Because that's why it's there.

E: I also don't think we should discuss this further in here. Send me a pm or make a topic in the Community Council where we can discuss it further and maybe decide on new rules if you feel that's what we need.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:24:05 AM by Simon »

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
It's awesome how lots of you don't care about VC anymore and simply let another modded video be praised like that. As soon as the majority moves into GTAV the better it will be, it really hurts to see the VC engine in the situation that it is nowadays. This comment won't help with anything but simply add to the chaos of the already wasted VC section. It's really funny how the majority stopped caring anymore. The people I used to see in the past blatantly uncovering modded videos are now supporting the modders. If videos like that are the "future" of VC and the number 1 on the awards on the end of the year many VC stunters will just peace out and many already did

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2013, 03:03:52 AM »
Just ask them to post the cols and put it back to the unmodded section. It's not like it deserves to be in the unmodded section, + the fact it's the best vc vid i've seen for a long time

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2013, 04:31:48 AM »
why dont we just fix all the building cols and stuff and make a lot of spots possible... its just a fun video game we dont need rules at all, we are supposed to have fun, right?

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »
No luli, no. You got it all wrong.   :)

Heartbeat skipping video guys, every stunt was nuts  :ajaja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 04:46:12 AM »
why dont we just fix all the building cols and stuff and make a lot of spots possible... its just a fun video game we dont need rules at all, we are supposed to have fun, right?
Nothing is stopping any of your from doing that. But it's going to end up in the modded section if you do. Does the fact that the video ends up in there take away from the fun you had making the video?

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 04:55:36 AM »
Nothing is stopping any of your from doing that. But it's going to end up in the modded section if you do. Does the fact that the video ends up in there take away from the fun you had making the video?

not really but moving to modded section is the same as throwing into the trash imo, people will think it was modded in other ways as someone mentioned before

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:24 AM »
That is not my, nor the sections fault if people assume it was modded in other ways. You could always label it with what kind of mod was used.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2013, 05:42:54 AM »
Moving this video to the modded section isn't really the problem. That is technically the "right" decision, because they used modified collisions. With that said, what's the point? Why do you need to dictate if a video is modded or unmodded?

It's a total waste of time. It means that I have to check two sections instead of one. It discourages people from making map mod videos, because a lot of people don't check the modded section. On top of all that, if someone thinks a video is modded, they can move it straight to the modded section, even if they're wrong. That automatically attaches a stigma of negativity to the video, one that's very hard to shake, even if it's moved back to the unmodded section.

Tolerance levels vary with "modding". Some people hate collision changes, and some people don't care at all, within reason. Personally, as long as you aren't messing with a collision that already exists, I'm cool with it. You should use it to land an building that's missing collisions, but don't use it to change an existing collision, bugged collisions, or add "helper" collisions to a stunt (like making bigger precisions).

The splitting of the two sections doesn't actually serve any real purpose. All it does is cause arguments like these, because it's so bloody pointless :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:55:32 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2013, 06:11:04 AM »
It's needed to differentiate between what is possible within the original game and what is not. If people were could label videos it wouldn't be much of a problem, but personally I think it's more clean and organized when separating them. If you decide to check one and not the other then that's your problem, it's literally 2 clicks.

Offline Demon

• Wasteland Heroes
  • conceited guys are ridiculous
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
It's awesome how lots of you don't care about VC anymore and simply let another modded video be praised like that. As soon as the majority moves into GTAV the better it will be, it really hurts to see the VC engine in the situation that it is nowadays. This comment won't help with anything but simply add to the chaos of the already wasted VC section. It's really funny how the majority stopped caring anymore. The people I used to see in the past blatantly uncovering modded videos are now supporting the modders. If videos like that are the "future" of VC and the number 1 on the awards on the end of the year many VC stunters will just peace out and many already did

now the dssers can just accuse me with nothing .every simgle stunt which is better than dss's level is considered as a modded stunt by dss member.

ok  I think I am proud to be the modder for the dss. thank you anyway. no one would be always approbated by everyone. and I think I now have enough people to support me to stunt , to land modded stunts one by one just for the DSS and to ruin the engine for the DSS.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »
because gavran didn't do it

and it's funny how you simon act like you actually make the 'rules' which don't exist, no one ever created topic where people agreed or dissagreed on such matter, there were only 'street rules' which were never written down, the only one I remember was about the slow roads fix where rush appeard and closed it because that's the way he thought it's supposed to be. someone should step up and start topic like that.

--

tbv neither of those stunts look suspicious so..

@figher
they shouldn't been changed just because of this video, there were a lot of chats about such stunts before so I think it should be settled right
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:37:24 AM by STREEM »

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
Its already ruined so

@streem, those "rules" were already here for years..and now there is video which people like the whole section rules should be changed? they were aware of replacing those files.  :ajaja:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:34:03 AM by FIGHTER »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
It's needed to differentiate between what is possible within the original game and what is not. If people were could label videos it wouldn't be much of a problem, but personally I think it's more clean and organized when separating them. If you decide to check one and not the other then that's your problem, it's literally 2 clicks.

Why not just read the topic? See what other people think, and make up your own mind. If it's about helping newcomers, why not just add a list of the mods that have been used to the first post or the credits of the video (ie. list of collision changes, cheating, etc)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal