Author Topic: MTB Wallride Tutorial  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MTB Wallride Tutorial
« on: November 06, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
Since it was requested, here is the tutorial for my wallride method.

Tutorial - MTB Wallride

I'm not really good at making tutorials so I tried to keep it as simple as possible while giving enough details so you can actually use it as a base but in any case you will need a lot of practice if you want to become any good at it.

As a beginner it can be really hard to reland the stunts in this tutorial but after a while it doesn't take more than a few tries.

If you wonder if your framerate will have any effect on the method, I say it does. I'm usually stunting with over 100fps in singleplayer and when I was recording the stunts for this tutorial at 60fps the bike had more grip to the wall, so basically you have more grip with lower fps but it's harder to control. Still there is not a huge difference and it won't affect if you're good at the method or not.

For the SAMP guys, here's a server where you can find some maps to practice. It's still in beta and there will be more features soon. The maps are located in LS bay. Add 88.190.16.31:7777 to your favorites.

Enjoy the vid and I hope to see some wallrides soon. :)

Offline hiddeN

• grescha wnb
    • View Profile
    • XVideos
Re: MTB Wallride Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »
thx for this one
good tutorial

Offline Sear

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Cool that you made one for the public :)

You learned it to me quite some time ago, still not that great success  :(

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »
This is such a weird find, gonna try it out because it looks fun though. Nice simple tutorial.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
It's good that you finally made a simple tutorial for people, hopefully more will try it now :). If anyone wants something more detailed here's my post from the WH Arcane topic.

Daksad says there's not much technique to this and it's in the practice, but without constantly thinking about the technique for this method you're going to fail badly. It's a simple method in theory, but it takes practice to get good at it and how long that takes depends on your patience and skill. The wallride method works on any straight wall, the dozer's only necessary when there isn't a curve leading into the wall. If you're using a dozer, you must first raise the ramp up to an angle of 90 degrees from the ground. That way you can jump onto the ramp of the dozer, and use it to curve into the wall.

The first step to learning this method is becoming good at keeping a steady wallride for a long period of time. You must approach the wall only slightly angled upwards from the ground and gradually rise up. If you start rising too high then you wont have enough traction to keep rising up the wall, and if you start too low you'll lose too much speed once you try to rise up. You must keep tapping accelerate all the way up the wall and don't stop, or you'll fall down. You must constantly lean forward towards the wall, but you must quickly tap it rather than holding it, otherwise you'll lean too far forward into the wall and fall down.

The next aspect of this method is 'looping'. The problem with the normal wallriding method is that you must gradually rise up the wall by increasing your angle, but you can't do that forever or you'll just fall down when you start riding straight towards the sky. Looping is how we avoid that problem. In order to loop you must first be gradually rising up the wall as explained before. Once you're nearing the point of riding straight up the wall, you must turn or 'loop' around on the wall so you're facing the other direction, allowing you to continue rising.

Looping requires a very advanced technique, and it'll take you a lot of time to master it. In my experience the best way to do this is to picture yourself riding the wall. You're gradually rising up, and now you're getting to the point where you have to loop. You're tapping accelerate and lean forward in order to stay on the wall, also tapping the A/D key to gradually rise up the wall. Now you're getting ready to loop. To loop, keep pressing the exact same buttons as you were using before, but instead of tapping A/D, hold it. As long as you're maintaining the wallride technique at the same time as holding A/D, you will loop around on the wall, and rise up at the same time. You must stop turning around once you're rising at an angle of about 45 degrees, or you'll fall down. As soon as you're at that angle, quickly start tapping A/D in the opposite direction so you can continue gradually rising up the wall. At this point, you can rise up any straight wall all the way to the top, as long as you loop when necessary. If you turn too drastically when looping you'll fall down, and if you do it too slowly then you'll also fall down, so you need to perfectly balance the speed at which you make the turn. You'll need practice to know exactly how to do this, but watch Daksad's landing of this stunt to see how gradually he made the loop.

When I first started trying this I could barely rise up the wall, but after a couple of hours I had the basics down. These tips are based on what I remember from learning the method, the last time I tried this method was when Daksad shown me this a couple of months ago. The easiest part is learning to stay on the wall and keep rising up, but looping will take you a long time to learn. Just doing one loop on a wall is very hard at first, two is extremely hard, and three is just insane (which you need in order to land Daksad's stunt). It took me about an hour to learn how to do just one loop, but that was without any help apart from some advice from Daksad. So hopefully you'll learn a lot faster with these tips, but some learn faster than others. I've only ever tried this method during one single SAMP session, we were playing for about 4-5 hours. After that amount of time I was able to do one loop pretty easily, I was able to do two with some luck, and I almost managed to do three once. So don't expect to be amazing after a day. Hopefully this helped some of you :).

Offline Aurora

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
Great, I always wondered how you would do these type of stunts :P

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
Just epic!  :wub:

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
If you wants to use this method, you should have strong arm imo :ajaja:
OH, I DO. :|

Offline Waffy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 08:30:03 PM »
Thanks Daksad for making this tutorial  :wub:

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »
Someone go on that SAMP server I am bored :(

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
Nice solo.

Offline [Bart]

• Alberto
  • SSU Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
If you wants to use this method, you should have strong arm imo :ajaja:

When Daksad first learnt me this method, I was trying it about 1 and half hours and than my fingers were hurting as fuck  :lol:

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
finally an usefull clear and obvious tutorial! thanks florian i appreciate this  :cc_detective:

Offline Syny

• People need to learn and enjoy solitude
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SrSyny
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »
finally, I love you dude  :wub:

Offline plak

• Veteran Member
  • zazz
    • View Profile