Author Topic: jazz fusion song i made  (Read 2080 times)

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
jazz fusion song i made
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
ghjkk
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:06:33 PM by luli »

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
Re: jazz fusion song i made
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
Bad link maybe? I'll get the message: Sorry! We can't find that track.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
fixed

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 03:09:51 PM »
You play all instruments yourself? When so, amazing work  :) . I would be interested which Daw you use and how do you record?

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
You play all instruments yourself? When so, amazing work  :) . I would be interested which Daw you use and how do you record?

no, not at all, its all simulated... i use fl studio
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:17:14 PM by luli »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:15:56 PM »
This is very nice, good job man. I would've placed the piano a tad more upfront and work on the stereo field a bit more though (the different sounds hard-panned to the left/right are great but some sounds that lack stereo action feel kinda "lifeless" but it isn't such a big deal)

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
This is very nice, good job man. I would've placed the piano a tad more upfront and work on the stereo field a bit more though (the different sounds hard-panned to the left/right are great but some sounds that lack stereo action feel kinda "lifeless" but it isn't such a big deal)

there is a reason behind that, each instruement has its space on the stereo field, thats why i put a few instruments to the left, some to the right and some in the middle, that way you actually hear them, if i make the violin(ex) as stereo as the horns, you wont hear any of them, and im totally against destroing the timbre of an instrument to place something on it with eq...:/

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:23 PM »
Yeah I know you worked it that way to get every instrument in an specific space on the stereo field, I said stereo because it's pretty much the first thing that comes to my mind but still I would've worked it somehow to give those sounds more "life" into the mix.
I also supposed you were against EQing to keep the organic feel but when used propery I think you can make a sound a lot better than it already is. In fact not only EQ can make this, you can also use for example vintage compressors, distortion/saturation (tube), etc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:54:58 PM by Ltaballs »

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 05:25:18 AM »
Yeah I know you worked it that way to get every instrument in an specific space on the stereo field, I said stereo because it's pretty much the first thing that comes to my mind but still I would've worked it somehow to give those sounds more "life" into the mix.
I also supposed you were against EQing to keep the organic feel but when used propery I think you can make a sound a lot better than it already is. In fact not only EQ can make this, you can also use for example vintage compressors, distortion/saturation (tube), etc.

the problem is that some genres require a certain "virgin" sound to sound the way people like it... i cant simply distort a trumpet and expect it to sounds like a real jazz track since all the instruments were simulated, and the reason some instruments dont have much "life" such as the piano is because they were only supposed to make the sound "busy" on some parts to make it feel theres a lot of stuff happening, if i lift it up on the volume or put low end on it, it might help to show it off but hey, you always have to compromise some stuff to have others if you dont want to destroy the timbre of "real" instruments... making holes an such on the eq works for edm, but not for anything else :)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »
Well I do understand your point, but if you feel it that way then it's all good man. Btw just wondering what VST did you used? Or were these done with a sampler? Looking forward to hear more tracks like these :)

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 02:43:37 PM »
Well I do understand your point, but if you feel it that way then it's all good man. Btw just wondering what VST did you used? Or were these done with a sampler? Looking forward to hear more tracks like these :)

-chris hein horns
-the giant piano
-scarbee bass
-pocket blakus(violin)
-chris hein flute
-and a few drum samples and variations
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:45:41 AM by luli »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal