Author Topic: New track I've made, thoughts?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
New track I've made, thoughts?
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/toby-arglau/3lau-paris-simo-feat-bright

This is my first track, it's a remix for a contest so I'd like to hear your opinions.
The genre is progressive house :) Rate n' hate pls.

If you want YT link (you can also subscribe if you want :P)

3LAU, Paris & Simo feat Bright Lights - Escape (Toby Arglau Remix)

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Re: New track I've made, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »
Honestly, and not because I don't enjoy this type of music and judging from that is so wrong, that didn't sound good at all at many points - mainly during the vocals =/ I'm sure it's hard to create remixes and all but the harmony between the girl singing and the instrumentals sounds way "wrong". (But hey, maybe it's supposed to sound like that?)
But good luck mate  :ajaja:

E: Oh, I thought I posted in priv. Eh, whatever  :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:07:40 AM by Ma Cipriani »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »
Yeah I tried to do my best and it's kinda supposed to be like that. I couldn't change some stuff cause I had to keep the type of ryhthm, not sure if I'm expressing myself properly :P but thanks for your words anyways :jajaja:

Offline ~ Đάмﮖтзя ~

• Veteran Member
  • somtink
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
You want honest opinions so lets do this. I know its not easy for everyone to do a good remix, and Im not saying I would do better, but honesty is good in this case.

I agree with MaCi. I like this type of music, but this sounded wrong on so many points. Mainly as mentioned the vocals didnt "fit", it sounded more like two different songs being played at the same time and I found it kinda annoying to listen to, as my head would keep thinking, when will the second song end.

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »
The start of the song is pretty well, and has a good flow until the girl starts to sing, it's voice is kind of distortioned to the whole rhythm aswell probably because of the autotune used in it but w/e. And as Hay said, sounds like 2 songs playing at the same time. You should down the volume of the song in background, so the voice won't sound that weird :)

I don't listen to this type of music but that's all I can say about it, ignore what doesn't make sense :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal