Author Topic: {Modus Operandi} <<<GOBSMACKED>>>  (Read 14235 times)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
Re: {Modus Operandi} <<<GOBSMACKED>>>
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 03:30:21 AM »
Stunts:
1:13 - 1:23 MtS: Beautiful stunt, great use of the environment and a lovely way to kick of the video with some smooth acrobatics. 8/10
1:23 - 1:28 Knapman: I'm fairly sure I've seen something similar, sorry. 5/10
1:29 – 1:34 Cooper: I love the idea, but the ledgegrind itself is so short it almost seems like a fluke, if not for the creative runup. 6.5/10
1:34 – 1:39 Sheikah: The lower parts been done, the extra bump to the top was nice though. 6/10
1:39 – 1:49 FIGHTER: Great execution on a spot that requires a tough angle, doesn't wow me after seeing a lot of things done there though. 7/10
1:50 – 1:55 ViCe NiNjA: Parkour on a bike? I like the idea of driving off a roof and then hitting a bump but it felt like an unimpressive place to do it at. 5/10
1:56 – 2:11 Samurai: Great spot, I don't like the fact that it's almost impossible to complete the full second grind but I think you used the most of it. 7.5/10
2:11 – 2:22 Knapman: Nice precision, good impact-absorbtion. 7/10
2:22 – 2:33 Edga: A generic, ubiquitus spot that can be done anywhere, the downhill angle makes the grind easier too. 4.5/10
2:33 – 2:43 Cooper: Good spot, awesome execution... you starting a used car business? 8/10
2:44 – 2:49 ViCe NiNjA: Alright bump, same roof's been landed from the same bump from a different angle though. 5/10
2:49 – 3:00 TurBo: I'm biased in the sense that I don't like stuckies so I won't rate it, I'll say it's my favorite stunt with my least favorite method.
3:00 – 3:08 FIGHTER: Generic P2B. 5/10
3:08 – 3:12 Cooper: Generic P2B again, impressive landing though 6/10.
3:13 – 3:20 FIGHTER: Pretty sure that's old.
3:20 – 3:26 ViCe NiNjA: Very nice, a bit similar to the opener but with enough space between them they're both enjoyable invidually. 8/10
3:26 – 3:33 MtS: lmao, very nice. 8/10
3:33 – 3:41 Sheikah: O.L.D. A.S. F.U.C.K. OLD/10
3:42 – 3:49 Knapman: Decent, although I felt there were many superiour combos to that spot in the same area in this video. 6.5/10
3:50 – 4:02 Sorcery: Better. 7.5/10
4:03 – 4:14 ViCe NiNjA: Beautiful boost, great use of the environment, lovely landing of the precison part and the fact that you used a taxi over a cabbie <3. 9/10
4:14 – 4:24 Cooper: A more impressive use of the 'bump after drop'-scenario, I'm impressed by your rotation-control there too. 8/10
4:25 – 4:30 ViCe NiNjA: Felt random and the grind was short. 5/10
4:30 – 4:41 FIGHTER: About, fucking, time! I know how much of a tease that spot can be, well done dude! 9/10
4:42 – 4:51 Sorcery: Again, I don't like glitchy stunts so I won't rate it but, if you had to do a double-grind at a spot that has texture glitches that's a good one to pick.
4:51 – 5:01 TurBo: Brutal taxi stats to a precision-(kinda), always a favorite. 9.5/10
5:01 – 5:12 Cooper: I just love this kinda thinking, beautiful execution (is the packer really necessary though?). 8.5/10
5:13 – 5:23 ViCe NiNjA: An alright combo, again better combos there earlier in the video though. 6.5/10
5:23 – 5:32 MtS: Beatiful precision, simple as that. 9/10
5:32 – 5:39 FIGHTER: Kudos for sticking the tiniest part. 7/10
5:40 – 5:56 MtS: One of those spots most of us has tried but not been able to stick with until it's done, your a very patient man Mateus. Mad props for the effort alone on a landmark-kinda spot, put the same effort into all things you do in life and you'll go far. 10/10

Editing: Though I'm not necessarily a fan of the retro-80's 'Miami Hotline'-kinda editing you do, I think you managed to pull it off and do it in a way that I can enjoy from an editor point-of-view as you're starting to master it on a technical level.

Soundtrack: Loved it, matches the general visual look of the game a tee to... felt like I should have been watching with an Hawain shirt.

PS: Your welcome on the un-banning.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:02:09 AM by Daffy »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Board Mods
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:42 AM »
Awesome stuff guys, everyone really put their all into the vid. Stands outs for me were Mts' Caddy stunt, his opener, his finisher, Fighter's everything, Sorcery and Knapman's grab grind combo's, Trubo's boost to bb, Edga's polebump to grind, all of VN's stuff, and Cooper's smooth ass ledge grind at the LC park. Thanks again to Joe for the kickass editing. And also thanks to everyone for letting me in  :cc_detective:

Offline ostin

• ViCe NiNjA
  • Board Mods
  • Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 04:38:18 AM »
So glad this is finally released. Took us kinda long to wrap it all together but the fact that there is no SAiVC and no stuckies in the vid is mindblowing to me.

Thanks a lot for those full reviews done and forthcoming.
2:44 – 2:49 ViCe NiNjA: Alright bump, same roof's been landed from the same bump from a different angle though.
Will you care to post the vid with the same bump ?
This exact double bump was not landed in all these years cause it's fucking annoying. You get the second bump once in ~80 tries and it does not mean you're gonna land it. I don't want a medal for it, just stating information.

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 04:40:52 AM »
Sorcery's airgrab to double grind and the taxi precisions were really impressive.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 05:06:52 AM »
Awesome! MtS, Sorcery and TurBo killed it for me, but all of you had nice stunts.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 05:13:10 AM »
Daffy i have no clue where its old actually....

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 05:14:47 AM »
 SICK SICK SICK!!! :o  DAMN those shocking precisions of MtS and those airgrab to grinds of Sorcery!!
  and I really love Sorcery's fresh+mood-sense editing. yeh, good job guys!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:25:15 AM by J.Mario »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 05:16:52 AM »
This exact double bump was not landed in all these years cause it's fucking annoying. You get the second bump once in ~80 tries and it does not mean you're gonna land it. I don't want a medal for it, just stating information.
(Almost) the same bump then, so similar that I wouldn't spend time on it :cc_detective:

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 05:23:23 AM »
 besides, that delight Intro is worth commenting :lol:

Offline ostin

• ViCe NiNjA
  • Board Mods
  • Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:58 AM »
(Almost) the same bump then, so similar that I wouldn't spend time on it :cc_detective:

You gotta be kidding or trolling  :rolleyes:
Single bump-recoil of a different object is so similar to my double bump, yes.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 05:53:38 AM »
No I'm not, I'm looking at it visually as someone with the main goal of making solid videos.
If something that's so similar to something that been done before is worth spending hours on for you, that's all and well for YOU.
But that puts no obligation on me as a viewer to like it, none whatsoever, taste is subjective and if it's a worthwhile stunt to YOU, it should remain a worthwhile stunt to YOU... unless you wanna  be a needy bitch about it begging for social validation for the things that are unique to YOU.
Go fuck yourself dude, if you can't handle not getting social worshipping shot up your ass constantly then this is not the place for you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:55:13 AM by Daffy »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 05:55:00 AM »
You are awesome.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 06:03:04 AM »
I can't be arsed to get into detail, but stunting wise I wasn't this impressed by a VC video in a long while.
Excellent stuff my niggers, this gotta be the first video I'm going to download in months. (Y)

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »
Guys :wub: lovely video, sick stunts and beautifull ideas all over the place. Can't name any standouts because there were too many. could spot a few oldies here and there but they didn't drag down the quality of the vid
Editing wise it was super relaxed and chilled to watch as always :)
Keep it groovy

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:57 AM »
Guys :wub: lovely video, sick stunts and beautifull ideas all over the place. Can't name any standouts because there were too many. could spot a few oldies here and there but they didn't drag down the quality of the vid
Editing wise it was super relaxed and chilled to watch as always :)
Keep it groovy

which were old :) ? thanks for the comment anyways! 

EDIT: Thanks Sheeptea, my first p2b is old by Mugetsu
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:12:34 AM by FIGHTER »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal