Author Topic: PowerSave SA / VC  (Read 18266 times)

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
PowerSave SA / VC
« on: September 11, 2020, 12:51:46 PM »
Allow  ,

I'm glad to introduce the PowerSave ! A new generation of personal car park. Modulable and customizable.
Any vehicle can now be used as a bump or a ramp extend (similar to Rhino), depending on the spot and the required height. There are some HUGE possibilities ...

It allows to :
- Make a backup of the position of a second vehicle.
- Change the backup of the vehicle in 4 axes, named North, South, East and West. (Visible on the minimap with a modified Hud.txd)
- Display the modifications of the original save point on top left of the screen.
- Choice of tires which should or should not be popped. (visible at the top left of the screen)
- Reload the position manually or automatically. (loading distance can be changed in-game)
- Save in real time all the modifications made in a Powersave.txt file (Shareable, modifiable manually (even in game))
- Return to its original save point at any time.
- Acess a help menu so you can refer back to the commands.

Bonus : AutoClose Car Doors. Active on PowerSave start. > Keeps doors closed, so they no longer appear open during a replay.

ScreenShot :

Exemple with a simple packer : https://youtu.be/0miMrgXRWws

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/!\ WARNING /!\
For the sake of ergonomics, each command is managed by cheat code. It was originally created it for an AZERTY - FR keyboard.
So I created a second version for QWERTY - US / UK.
But this one will not be 100% compatible with a QWERTY - ES for example. So I'm going to follow up on the topic for a while and see if you have some requests.

More than 3 posts which requires the same keyboard, will have its version.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PowerSave V1 (FR/US/UK/BR): https://bit.ly/2FoVyJX   (Add Brazil Qwerty)
(Bonus : The powersave.txt in archive includes the save of the nrg from the PARANGON's finisher  (Frenchland Heroes))

Last CLEO Version : https://cleo.li/cleo4/CLEO4_setup.exe

Scripted by Me. Beta testing by Frenchland Heroes.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a partial conversion to VC:

- Change the backup of the vehicle in 4 axes, named North, South, East and West. (Visible on the minimap with a modified Hud.txd)
- Reload the position in one press at any moment.
- Save in real time all the modifications made in a Powersave.txt file (Shareable, modifiable manually (even in game))

Some functions will come if time permits

Check readme !

PowerSave VC : https://bit.ly/2HfZM7k (Edit : Fix origin problem)

Cleo 2 VC : https://cleo.li/cleo4/VC.CLEOv2.0.0.5.zip
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 09:00:40 AM by Prog »

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: PowerSave
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »
Seems really interesting, I will try this. Does it actually work for iBSM?

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »
Seems really interesting, I will try this. Does it actually work for iBSM?

Nop , no stuck methods with that . Only carpark , but if you understand all the possibilities that there are, you would quickly leave out the stuck methods ;)

But can be useful for more basic things like p2b with infernus, without being afraid to hit the packer and move it.

N / S / E / W shifts are useful for perfecting your setup.

Watch YT  link for basic utilisation of the PowerSave.

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »
Allright thanks for answering :D

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 11:50:08 PM »
I wonder if this is transferable to vice city in any way, would make tank stunting a lot more convenient when there is no need to reset the packer every time :ninja:
anyways great effort on this

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:58:27 AM »
I wonder if this is transferable to vice city in any way, would make tank stunting a lot more convenient when there is no need to reset the packer every time :ninja:
I always make a savegame where the last vehicle I entered is the tank (and the packer is correctly placed). After each attempt just reload it, load location and turn on ghost town. Having to wait before you're able to get out of the tank, moving away a tiny bit, spawning a packer and loading the secondary location, then having to get back into the tank and reload is just ugh  :unsure: So much more effort than braindead clicking a few buttons for 2-3 seconds. Hopefully you were already doing this  :ninja:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:25:13 AM »
I always make a savegame where the last vehicle I entered is the tank (and the packer is correctly placed). After each attempt just reload it, load location and turn on ghost town. Having to wait before you're able to get out of the tank, moving away a tiny bit, spawning a packer and loading the secondary location, then having to get back into the tank and reload is just ugh  :unsure: So much more effort than braindead clicking a few buttons for 2-3 seconds. Hopefully you were already doing this  :ninja:
Well at least I didn't do that and I feel stupid now... :cheersad:

But this tool for VC purposes would be radical.

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
Probably a lot of opcodes are not compatible with VC, but I can try to convert it partially if I have some time. I don't promise anything ^^

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
I know you told me about that method before but I never sticked with it, especially because saivc doesn't allow for saving/loading savegames and the adjusting of the rhino pipe takes a couple of second as well which seemed to take as much time as the manual reset :ninja: but for vc/lc it's definitely a better method in the long run

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
Re: PowerSave SA / VC
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 05:40:32 AM »
Here is a partial conversion to VC:

- Reload the position in one press at any moment.

Some functions will come if time permits

Check readme !

PowerSave VC : https://bit.ly/2HfZM7k

Cleo 2 VC : https://cleo.li/cleo4/VC.CLEOv2.0.0.5.zip

No indicator, no auto load, only basic functions
I'm not a VC super player , so Pls report if you have some crash or problem
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 12:51:49 PM by Prog »

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 05:54:17 AM »
Looks really useful, congratulations Prog! :cc_detective: Also kudos for also making a VC version!

I wanted to try it out (the VC one) but after managing to get CLEO to work (it was weird), when I type "power" it displays the "POWERSAVE ON" text but after that my screen goes black - it doesn't crash the game but all I see is a black screen and when I press escape/space/enter it displays the menu (like when you normally press escape). So yeah, I know it's a long shot but do you happen to have any idea what's happening? :wacko:

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 08:12:21 AM »
Looks really useful, congratulations Prog! :cc_detective: Also kudos for also making a VC version!

I wanted to try it out (the VC one) but after managing to get CLEO to work (it was weird), when I type "power" it displays the "POWERSAVE ON" text but after that my screen goes black - it doesn't crash the game but all I see is a black screen and when I press escape/space/enter it displays the menu (like when you normally press escape). So yeah, I know it's a long shot but do you happen to have any idea what's happening? :wacko:

if you had trouble installing CLEO, the problem must be there.
probably a missing cleo plugins. Try with this archive, extracted at the root of the GTA VC folder (the archive includes the US / UK powersave)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733930047513034763/757257077155430420/CleoTest.zip

You can contact me on discord if needed  Boooing#6540
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:15:54 AM by Prog »

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 02:15:27 PM »
Thanks man, works like a charm now! :a-cheer:

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 06:33:35 PM »
Finna make a tutorial on this if I have time hmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 07:19:09 AM »
tried in VC and all I can say its very helpful! tried on Alien City SA but crashes sometime

Edit: got it, Speed o meter is causing it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:20:54 AM by Lex »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal