Author Topic: Impossible is nothing  (Read 23902 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Impossible is nothing
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2021, 04:26:35 PM »
Alright, I get wanting to own Barney (seen by many as 'the best') by taking his head.

But what the fuck do I have to do with anything haha

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
Looks like the DSS cheerleading squad is salty that not everyone agrees with the face melting factor of the video. If this video "pwns Barney" in your eyes, that's cool, no one is going to change your mind and that's fine. When Barney released videos, was he ever trying to "pwn Allbeast"? Or was he just landing and grinding things in ways that people never saw coming at all because it came naturally to him.

Why not just land hard stunts for the sheer enjoyment of it? Do you people really care about who's "the best"? All rhetorical questions really. This post is just rhetorical, no need to respond to it. :D
why take this so serious?
it is just fucking game, and my trolling, was just for fun
if anyone can say that he or she can produce something better, come on do it, and maybe i will even become guest in that video
i cuted Barney head, but you guys started bitching, like i cuted real head from someone near to yours heart

The solo was great, I know it in the first place that all the hype was troll and joke, I find some barney (respect) fanboy bitching about the hype it made.

anyway great solo and looking forward for another one. I'm gonna be a good guy for now temporarily

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 06:50:16 PM »
Cool easter heads eggs and really good stuff all around, all the double/triple grinds in particular were great but i have to point out that tank grind. fucking ridiculous, had me laughing while watching it. Ever since seeing BK grind about 1/3 of the ring i've been wanting to see it grinded fully but i never would've thought it'd be done with a motherfucking tank, upside down. Truly only an alien could some up with that idea and figure out that it's something feasible to try too. And of course congrats for nailing the "holy grail" of LC.

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2021, 10:32:38 PM »
you did hype the video up by a lot so it's a given that my expectations would not be met easily, after all it's subjective
but there were good stunts throughout, standouts were lc ship triple grind, the finisher and rhino grind (which I thought was a fluke at first)
I was not a fan of the grabs after some stunts to avoid bailing, some old stunts felt out of place like kingjads grind (I get that you included that just for the sake of blowing up kingjad but it just decreased the quality of the video overall) and the barney references didn't do it for me
also the fact that you landed the pre-finisher just so you could release it before me as you knew I landed that stunt a while ago and planned it for a video doesn't help with my perception of this video
https://streamable.com/z1ila0

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 10:35:18 PM »
Pretty cool solo beast  :mellow:
I love that tank grind and that runup on the ice cream factory was cool

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2021, 10:51:21 PM »
Cool easter heads eggs and really good stuff all around, all the double/triple grinds in particular were great but i have to point out that tank grind. fucking ridiculous, had me laughing while watching it. Ever since seeing BK grind about 1/3 of the ring i've been wanting to see it grinded fully but i never would've thought it'd be done with a motherfucking tank, upside down. Truly only an alien could some up with that idea and figure out that it's something feasible to try too. And of course congrats for nailing the "holy grail" of LC.
thanks, i was trying to be with tank position during grind, upsidedown too, something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QFO9Sv5Wnc

lost the BB stunt, landed it in 2019, wil do a review later
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Mk0JjOJ1g&list=PLRwQnChmvwGqttYx3dvfaSM02L2TlPUnl&index=13&ab_channel=InckKkGaming
nice, good work

you did hype the video up by a lot so it's a given that my expectations would not be met easily, after all it's subjective
but there were good stunts throughout, standouts were lc ship triple grind, the finisher and rhino grind (which I thought was a fluke at first)
I was not a fan of the grabs after some stunts to avoid bailing, some old stunts felt out of place like kingjads grind (I get that you included that just for the sake of blowing up kingjad but it just decreased the quality of the video overall) and the barney references didn't do it for me
also the fact that you landed the pre-finisher just so you could release it before me as you knew I landed that stunt a while ago and planned it for a video doesn't help with my perception of this video
it was my old idea from 2011, and DSS know that
i have old clip too with that idea from 2016, when started try it again
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yxmukkqb5vbxf0s/old_idea.wmv/file

I liked how many people understood "right" the words in the logo correctly, and trying to fuck me as hard as possible
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:04:43 PM by AllBeast »

Offline The Big V

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2021, 12:08:54 AM »
0:09-0:17 PCJ PSM 2 GRIND 2 AIRGRABP: You landed it with bail before, its a cool way to do a grab at the end. Its imposs not to bail and stucking on the grind is probably not an option with such a huge speed. So gj, a worthy opener
0:18-0:33 PCJ WALLRIDE 2 GRIND: 2nd time someone lands this grind in a new way. It seems hard to get this one cause the model itself is invisible and its higher than the texture of the fence.
0:34-0:43 PCJ BSM 2 ROOF: Huge ass BSMs are your trademark. Love the krails in the air. Massive stunt
0:44-0:50 PCJ BONK 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: Awesome combo, I like how you hit the ice cream ball and rotates you just in the right direction for the ledge grind
0:51-0:57 PCJ BONK 2 GRIND 2 GRIND 2 AIRGRAB: An improvement with the further ledge grind and a fast as fuck airgrab. The rotation between the two grinds makes it even sweeter.
0:58-1:06 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: Owned Daffy here. Great execution.
1:07-1:22 TAXI BOOST 2 BOOST 2 PRECISION: Unexpected twist. One of the best taxi stunts to this day.
1:23-1:38 PCJ GRIND 2 EXPLOSION 2 GRIND: Unique idea much better than a csm there. The master of stunts with explosions. Also shows that you are supposed to bail at the end with such speed
1:39-1:54 PCJ PALM BUMP 2 GRIND: Respect+ for grinding this uphill grind until the end. Slowly but surely. Top
1:55-2:03 PCJ DOUBLE BUMP 2 ROOF: fuck! just fuck! Not sliding off is a pain in the butt and you nailed it perfectly. Now I dont think there are any new natural ways left to land this roof, this was the final boss.
2:04-2:11 PCJ FIRE GRIND 2 GRIND: The texture at the transition from the first grind to the 2nd makes the stunt hard cause you basically dont see where the 2nd grind is.
2:12-2:37 TANK BUMP 2 GRIND: One of the best stunts landed. As a tank whore I admire your unique way of thinking about stunts. You told us that its possible to do one or two more circles around but the replay would be cut short. But I think 1 full circle is more than enough. I like how you turn the turret sideways while doing the grind. Flawless!
2:38-3:00 PCJ BUMP 2 BONK 2 GRIND 2 BACKWARD GRIND: crazy spins before the grind. And the actual grind was NUTS! Going uphill then downhill. Awesome idea.
3:01-3:12 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: another stunt that owns Barney, the ledge grind addition at the end  makes the stunt complete in every aspect. Starting from the ground and finishing on the ground.
3:13-3:24 TAXI BOOST 2 ROOM: Oh yeah this was my idea xD im surprised you managed to land it so fast.
3:25-3:41 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 BUMP 2 GRIND: Unexpected surprise with the transition to the 2nd grind.
3:42-3:50 PCJ KINGJAD IN FIRE GRIND 2 GRIND: Stunting lesson with AllBeast - how to properly do a double grind there.
3:51-4:00 PCJ WALLRIDE 2 BILLBOARD: Another stunt that ownd Barney. Looks so much better without grav mods! Also one of the stand outs in the video.
4:01-4:12 PCJ RAMP 2 GRIND 2 CSM 2 GRIND: FUCKING HELL! I really love this one - the distance, the first grind, the spins in the air before the 2nd grind. Another flawless and VERY-VERY-VERY beautiful stunt.
4:13-4:23 PCJ RAMP 2 GRIND: I love transverse grinds. They add that extra bit of hardness and good lookingness to the stunt.
4:25-4:47 PCJ RAMP 2 RAMP 2 PRECISION: From the entrance right to the very end of the park - a walk in the park done right. I dig the spins at the landing on the fence.
4:48-5:01 PCJ RAMP 2 BUMP 2 ROOF: one of your oldest spots in this video. I remember you showed me this in like 2012 or something. Glad you managed to land it. Very tricky angle and runup.
5:02-5:20 PCJ TANK BUMP 2 ROOF: And you totally owned Barney with this one. Totally worth the finisher, and you really took off the burden of this stunt from anyone ever trying it and failing to land it either on the roof itself or at its edge. A true beast

Stunts: As I stated earlier the stunts were landed in a matter of 2-3 months. AllBeast is one dedicated motherfucker and is very good at his craft - and that is owning every stunt he ever tries. There were many times where other crew members were in doubt that AllBeast could land a particular stunt, and in the next day BOOOM - there you go. He takes any challenge, and for the time that he accomplished this solo I really do think it tops Monolith.
Beast can land both technical and big air stunts, in this video the grinds and technical stuff were slightly more than the big airs, and that is one of the reasons some of you expected more "air" probably.

Editing
Intro: Bix never fails to deliver short cool intros with cool effects and use of 3D. I like the look of the alien model and how you rendered it and mixed it with the DSS logo.
Main: Smooth camera movements, great cam angles and use of effects and transitions. Cool easter eggs as well (its Bixel's trademark to place them all around in a video). Also good song choice that fits the stunts.
Outro: Calm and spacey ending of the video. Cool song choice.

Overall: Overall, this video tops Monoloth, until Barney returns with another solo. Until then AllBeast is today's active Barney. GG WP NO RE, end of story.  :ninja:

I also did a live reaction, will upload it soon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:14:14 AM by The Big V »

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2021, 01:32:23 AM »

this stunt had nothing to do with you, even I tryed it for Morgoth, we had it in the spot section for a while now, nobody even mentioned you or knew you had the idea. Also i asked Beast to land it and had the edit on hold for the 2 stunts before finisher.  Also mad respect for landing it, its a really REALLY hard stunt.

Shouldn't have kept it for 2 years, rush yar editors more :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:36:49 AM by Bixel »

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2021, 01:37:17 AM »
Great ideas, perfect executions, tank grind is one the best stunts  ever.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2021, 02:29:36 AM »
Impossible is nothing indeed!

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2021, 03:41:17 AM »

this stunt had nothing to do with you, even I tryed it for Morgoth, we had it in the spot section for a while now, nobody even mentioned you or knew you had the idea. Also i asked Beast to land it and had the edit on hold for the 2 stunts before finisher.  Also mad respect for landing it, its a really REALLY hard stunt.

its not THAT special though, so im ok with it. Landed it in hour or so :lol:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2021, 04:14:54 AM »

What does that have to do with anything? If I am trying a stunt and then I hear/see that you landed it I stop trying it, that's just what you do. You don't start trying to land it even harder so you can release it before the other person.

Now for a review of the stunts

0:09-0:17 PCJ PSM 2 GRIND 2 AIRGRAB: Nice to see the grind, dislike the fact that you needed an airgrab though which kind of ruins it for me personally. Think you had better openers for the video as well but it's solid.
0:18-0:33 PCJ WALLRIDE 2 GRIND: I'd have preferred it if you kept the original textures, I like seeing that invisible grind. Again, just personal opinion. Nice grind.
0:34-0:43 PCJ BSM 2 ROOF: Knew this was possible from a fluke attempt trying the BSM from Feron, cool to see it done. When it comes to a classic BSM2roof you seem to be the man to beat for sure and it cannot be an Allbeast video without one  :cc_detective:
0:44-0:50 PCJ BONK 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: Great doublegrind, really enjoyed seeing it!
0:51-0:57 PCJ BONK 2 GRIND 2 GRIND 2 AIRGRAB: Again great doublegrind, think I even like this one better except for the airgrab which I didn't like. Looking at the way you landed I'm not even sure if you would've bailed, those backwards landings against walls often result in a landing.
0:58-1:06 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: I thought this was old at first but then when I really started thinking about it I don't think it is. Second grind wasn't the cleanest with the backwheel grind but it is a great stunt nonetheless. Nice job  :jajaja:
1:07-1:22 TAXI BOOST 2 BOOST 2 PRECISION: Personally my favorite stunt of the video, not just because it is a boost. I tried (and 'landed' with a hop on the roof) a precision on the first roof from this boost and sometimes on a fluke attempt I'd get a similar attempt as you, actually fell off the precision you landed once. Were you actually going for this one or were you trying the first roof? Doesn't really matter though since it's epic. I was sure I was going to lose a stunt but instead my stunt got destroyed  :euro: Well done, weeeelll done.
1:23-1:38 PCJ GRIND 2 EXPLOSION 2 GRIND: Very creative idea, loved it. Did you use a grenade to set it on fire? Since that happened while you were on the bike and I didn't see you shoot.
1:39-1:54 PCJ PALM BUMP 2 GRIND: Not a fan of this, feels too simple but it's probably harder than it looks. Didn't one of the Chinese stunters do this before or am I mistaken?
1:55-2:03 PCJ DOUBLE BUMP 2 ROOF: Great old spot, very good job!  :a-cheer: Don't like how the camera angle didn't show the stunt too well in my opinion but I have played this game long enough to know exactly what it is.
2:04-2:11 PCJ FIRE GRIND 2 GRIND: Bailed this grind a few times in 5-10 minutes a few years back but didn't like how it looked with the collision you have to fall through. Camera angle and the fire made it look somewhat nice though but I'm not a fan. Not the same standard as some of the stunts before in this video.
2:12-2:37 TANK BUMP 2 GRIND: I want to preface this by saying what you did with HECG wasn't funny. You might've not taken it very seriously or were just 'trolling' but that just not nice man and you probably understand that. Dick move. Having said that, this tank grind is awesome  :jajaja: If it wasn't for the unexpected taxi landing this would probably be my favorite. How many times did you grind it before you got the full circle?
2:38-3:00 PCJ BUMP 2 BONK 2 GRIND 2 BACKWARD GRIND: Didn't like it much. Not the full grind, even though I understand that's impossible from here. Guess I just dislike the spot/idea but the execution of it was nice.
3:01-3:12 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 GRIND 2 GRIND: Great execution and a great stunt, really liked it. Great job  :)
3:13-3:24 TAXI BOOST 2 ROOM: Kind of meh to be honest. Feel like you just put this in for the Barney meme but the stunting level decreased because of it. This is credits material not the impossible is nothing kind of theme you were shooting for.
3:25-3:41 PCJ BUMP 2 GRIND 2 BUMP 2 GRIND: Two old stunts in a row isn't very exciting, sorry. Stylish way to avoid going into the water with that spin at the end I'll give you that.
3:42-3:50 PCJ KINGJAD IN FIRE GRIND 2 GRIND: Again just a meme, stunting level decreased because of it.
3:51-4:00 PCJ WALLRIDE 2 BILLBOARD: Sadly Fighter lost it as you saw, think it took him around 30-40 minutes. Guess we can still use it anyway because why not. And all the DSS people saying Barney needed gravmod to land it, he actually started one staircase further back IIRC which is completely impossible without gravmod. Regardless this is much better anyway, great job on landing it  :) And nice execution.
4:01-4:12 PCJ RAMP 2 GRIND 2 CSM 2 GRIND: Awesome stuff. Really old idea that I don't think anyone really tried. Was a nice surprise to see it in here, very very nice! And such a nice execution as well.
4:13-4:23 PCJ RAMP 2 GRIND: Looks a bit like a standard ramp2grind, nice stunt but too simple as a stunt and idea compared to other stunts.
4:25-4:47 PCJ RAMP 2 RAMP 2 PRECISION: What were you actually trying to land here? The house? I was expecting something to happen and the entire combo ended on a random looking wall. I get that it would be hard to land or redo but it felt like a fluke that happened when you were trying something else. Good stunt I guess but didn't like it for that reason.
4:48-5:01 PCJ RAMP 2 BUMP 2 ROOF: If you knew Max had landed this and went out to land it regardless just to release it before him that's just another dick move. I prefer his execution too sadly. Good job on landing it since it seems quite hard but meh.
5:02-5:20 PCJ TANK BUMP 2 ROOF: Godlike stunt, nothing else to say about it really. I never tried it much, maybe 3 hours total or so and had a few good attempts but I never enjoyed trying it. Do you have any replays saved of good attempts you had? Would love to see a bail montage of this with the landing at the end, would make an entertaining video  :jajaja: Again, sick job on this stunt must've taken quite a long time to land. I don't take my earlier words about it back though.

Stunts: 9/10 I think. It was a combination of really really good stuff combined with filler/credits/meme stunts. Luckily there were more good stunts than those others.

Editing: I really enjoyed the editing in terms of effects, transitions and colors. Really felt like a good production and I didn't see anything I didn't like in those departments. You worked with the song nicely, just great job. The one thing I didn't like were the camera angles though since every angle felt the same. Very static, always the same distance to the bike, etc. Couldn't have hurt to sometimes back the camera up a bit or use some rotation. And personally I have never been a fan of the Beast/Terminator kind of player models when it comes to watching stunt videos because it just looks weird to me but it didn't really impact me as much in this video. It's part of the story of the Beast now and I don't want to see a video of you with a regular Tommy model anymore  :neen:

Overall: I kind of expected a lot because of the enormous amount of hype surrounding it, and a few of the stunts do life up to the hype but quite a lot of the more simple grinds (and the meme stunts) didn't. Combined with the HECG and prefinisher situation I just enjoyed the video less than I could've. I also don't get the DSS circlejerk about this being better than Monolith/Homunculus, just drop it it's sad. This is a awesome solo from Allbeast and it should just be seen as such. It's awesome and it rocks. You landed some amazing stunts, the song was great and the editing was nice. Will definitely rewatch it a bunch over time  :ajaja:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 04:26:50 AM by Rainbow »

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2021, 04:15:17 AM »

its not THAT special though, so im ok with it. Landed it in hour or so :lol:
Would like to comfirm only: Both dropbump and bb landing were entirely his spots as far as I know. He had no idea that bb stunt was already old from you but unreleased so he just landed it and at the end his stunt happened to be released first.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2021, 04:26:08 AM »
MAKE STUNT NOT WAR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal