Author Topic: Props from the founder  (Read 7538 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Props from the founder
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:39 PM »
Great read, and thank you for creating this place. I don't know where I'd be without it honestly.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 05:26:25 PM »
The skills I learned from making videos, web designing, managing staff, and dealing with community members has since landed me a career in web design and mobile marketing

Happy to hear!

Thanks for everything you did man! GTAStunting has been a big part of my childhood... to think of all those people I never would have gotten to know if it wasn't for you! *gives hug*
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:28:08 PM by RedX »

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52:34 PM »
lol'd at cookie's post
Great read, and thank you for creating this place. I don't know where I'd be without it honestly.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:39 PM »
Great words to read there mate.
All I gotta say is that this forums had a great impact (if not THE IMPACT) in my life and where I'm standing right now.

Props!

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »
Holy fuck it's Roo, nice to see things panning out for you. Do you know what MisguidedAngel has been up to? He was one badass motherfucker. I can relate to the worries of hosting this site, Aries and I had a lot of difficulties with it as well. Luckily, we seem to have found a stable home, so everything worked out in the end.

PS: if I recall correctly, you met Aries once right? I can vaguely remember some pics of you two drunk as hell, good times.

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:16 AM »
Mr. Roo, very nice to see ya checkin up on this place again. I too would like to thank you for creating :aMpT:, now GTAStunting and for all the opportunities to become a member of the staff here. From a forum of barely 100 members when I joined to what this community has grown into. For also inspiring me when I first learned to stunt. Watching :aMpT: crew videos drove me to try harder to push the limits of stunting. Even after 9 years I still find myself addicted to stunting  :P and yes, pun intended.

There was a discussion awhile ago on when exactly you first created the forums. Any chance you remember?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:22:40 AM by Neo Anderson »

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 02:27:02 AM »
Sometimes the smallest things can result to big things.

So you're the founder of GTAStunting? I've always wondered who he was. :)
And special triple thanks to you for creating this place, it's really changed some lives. So it did to mine too, where you mentioned what you learned - I did too.

Really thank you a lot, I've never knew what would I be without this place - not just a game to me. :wub:
-PK

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »
Nice to see words from the founder and cool to get some answers, which have been on my mind every now and then  :ajaja:

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
Cheers man, without you I probably wouldn't have met all the people I've met across the internet, wouldn't be able to talk english like I am today and would have probably spent less time on the computer (that's not bad :P)

<3

Offline Andyroososoft

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
There was a discussion awhile ago on when exactly you first created the forums. Any chance you remember?

It's hard to say at this point, considering it went through a few different phases (and meltdowns)

It started with the :aMpt: Stunt Archives (a few months after my first video Vice From Hell) which were hosted by forumer.com sometime in late 2003 or early 2004, which when they became popular, I realized that there was a need for some official forums - so I found some hosting with Canaca.com (they sucked balls) in early 2005... and thus there became GTAStunting.com (The domain name I guess wasn't renewed after I left, and is now on sale for a stupid amount of money).

Here's a link to see the grand re-opening of the forums in 2005 (yes, you were around then - I see a post from you in the chat on the bottom) http://web.archive.org/web/20051026171219/http://www.gtastunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6006

And here's the oldest look at the :aMpT: Stunt Archives I can find: http://web.archive.org/web/20040611020629/http://amptstunting.1.forumer.com/

You can browse around on the bar at the top to see all the different generations the forums went through. I would say that the GTAS community started in the :aMpT: Stunt Archives. From looking at that oldest archive, it appears that this place officially started between February and March of 2004, making us around 9 years old.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
Guess I owe you a thanks, this place has kept me entertained for hours upon end. Not to mention it's drastically improved my English vocabulary.

Cheers.

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
Thanks Andy for the links. I never would have imagined anything of the old forums existed out there.
What a flashback to look through those again, to see so many names I remember from those days.
Brought back some great memories, thanks for that  ;)

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 12:11:44 AM »
And since your now making 30k a year how bout we get some new paint on the walls here? J/k

Cheers ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal