Author Topic: Simle trainer save/load  (Read 2470 times)

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
Simle trainer save/load
« on: September 27, 2016, 02:59:30 AM »
How do you save/load position using simple trainer? When I use "Teleporting save" it says that it has written the coordinates but when I try to teleport there it still remembers the prewritten coordinates.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Simle trainer save/load
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:16:22 AM »
You probably have your trainer.ini file set to 'read only'. Just a tip though; the GTA V stunting community doesn't use mods, since you don't need them for spawning or teleporting or anything like that. People look down upon any form of mod usage in normal videos, besides 'OpenCamera' of course, which lets you remove the Rockstar Editor camera limitations. It's very easy to spot too, since there's various bugs associated with replays and mod usage :P. So I'd avoid it if possible, unless you're just testing things out.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:21:19 AM by VaNilla »

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
No worries just wanted to fuck around with the game. Not gonna release anything.
Thanks for the tip will check it out.
e: wasn't that, it's not read only
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:28:34 AM by jakuba »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:03 AM »
You probably have your trainer.ini file set to 'read only'. Just a tip though; the GTA V stunting community doesn't use mods, since you don't need them for spawning or teleporting or anything like that. People look down upon any form of mod usage in normal videos, besides 'OpenCamera' of course, which lets you remove the Rockstar Editor camera limitations. It's very easy to spot too, since there's various bugs associated with replays and mod usage :P. So I'd avoid it if possible, unless you're just testing things out.
How is using a trainer to spawn vehicles, save/load position etc any different than using races to do so? What replay bugs? Asking out of curiosity, not interested in using it myself.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »
People avoid mods because the game's own spawning/loading tools work without modding anything. Generally the only time this is disadvantageous is during Single Player car stunting, since you have to quick load to the start of your runup instead of just teleporting back. The biggest reason why people avoid modding is to weed out cheaters, because any legitimate stunter wouldn't need outside tools to do the job. The moment you use mods, people will be suspicious of you, because between Races, Captures, Single Player quick saves/loads, and Director Mode, you don't need to use mods for anything. The only reason I've found to use them is to measure physics comparisons between updates, which I do every time an update is released to search for inconsistencies.

As for the bugs, there's many. Vehicles glitch out when they automatically repair within replays, because the replay system doesn't know how to handle sudden repairs (look at his bike when he hits the precision). When you force weather locks via modifications, the replay system glitches at the start of replays, because it has to propagate clouds and other visual elements in the same locations that the mod set them to, instead of falling back on the default timecycle. License plates often show obvious signs of being spawned, since mods usually run through the 'default' license plates set by GTA V's hardcode. There are some other subtle ways that mods interfere with the natural course of replays, but I've only discussed them with a handful of people, so that modders can't easily avoid them :P. Suffice it to say, if you mod in GTA V, it's often readily apparent to anyone who truly understands the game, without even seeing the stunt you're trying. Even in relation to stunting physics, it's pretty damn obvious when somebody is modding, because GTA V's physics are so consistent compared to VC/SA, which both have more examples of 'perfect' bumps and other things which aren't as explicitly reproducible.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:53:21 AM by VaNilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal