Author Topic: [Round 1 - VC] ZeRo x Lolko - Lolko wins (2-3)  (Read 4187 times)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
[Round 1 - VC] ZeRo x Lolko - Lolko wins (2-3)
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
ZeRo X Lolko

Objective: Best edit using night time where you have to use at least one still angle.
Stunts: Sendspace Link
Deadline: 3 days from now. (+1 day extension)

Good luck to both competitors!

Stunts by Determined.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:17:56 AM by MxZz. »

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
Re: [Round 1 - VC] ZeRo x Lolko
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »
Good luck buddy. :P

A quick question just to make everything clear, does static angle mean the frozen angle in freeplay?

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
For example, when you press 1 to 3 in Freeplay, you get static angles behind the bike.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
It's when you set a certain angle & don't move it for the entirety of the stunt, so there's no movement involved, but it's still a following angle, you're thinking of still angles.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
It's when you set a certain angle & don't move it for the entirety of the stunt, so there's no movement involved, but it's still a following angle, you're thinking of still angles.

Yeah, that explanation works better than mine. Thanks.

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
Oh I see, thanks for clearing it up. ;)

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 04:54:07 AM »
I'll at home today maybe, so i'm up for it.

GL Péter,but i'll need it muuuuuuuch more :D

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
sorry for dbl post

can i request DL extension due to family problems? I wasn't at home in the last 4 days :(

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Is 1 day ok for you?

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Is 1 day ok for you?
Should be, thanks. ;)

LFET R1

sucks as hell, but i have to study for sooo much exams, so i needed to do it quickly.

HD plz.!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM by Lolko »

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 07:52:10 AM »
Due to some problems I had to re-render my entry today, sorry for not being able to upload it yesterday.

LFET 2012 - Round 1 - [ZeRo] vs Lolko

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
and here came the winner. good job bro. :P

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
Screw you for making a tough match to vote on right in the first round :P

ZeRo: You entry was quite powerful. The transitions you made in the second stunt made it even better. I'd just rework on the earthquake effects, they were quite messed up and didn't look any good. Besides that, pretty good job there.

Lolko: First of all, I'd put a little more effort into an intro, but I don't really mind the way you created that, just take that as a side note ;)
Well, your entry was going to be flawless. You just made a few mistakes with the choice of angles, some of them killed your entry for me [For example: the "first-person" one in the first stunt, the third angle in the first stunt, and the first still angle in the taxi boost].

Pretty tough to vote on this, but, ZeRo is getting my vote mostly because of the better choice of angles.

Good job guys!

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
Lolko: Pretty nice entry. Didn't like the intro & those awful cinematic angles, but overall it felt quite fluent. Some of the angles could've been a bit more down angled as to have both the sky & the ground in clear sight, but they were pretty solid for the most part. The colors were nice & fitting, though there should've been some more synching to the various beats of the song. Didn't really like the flashes on the first stunt, nor the choppy angle cutting on the last. The pan/crop movements on the taxi stunt were really well done, though again, you should've synched some of the beats that happened when the taxi had landed. Overall, solid entry with some issues that broke the pace a bit.

ZeRo: Liked the way you started out the first stunt, the angles were also really nice, though those shakes felt way too forced & unblending to the vid. The angles on the 2nd stunt were way too close, the freeplay angle worked perfectly, however. The synch was also pretty nice & kept a steady pace.  The last stunt was shown rather poorly, that angle cut really obstructed seeing what was going on, the angles on this one were solid & didn't feel too close & the pan/crop effects you created were also quite fitting. The effects overall were pretty good & were consistent to the vid, the colors were also pretty nice, though felt a bit too dark on the openers first angle.

Tough match, but I'll have to go with Lolko for better showcasing the stunts despite having some minor setbacks.

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
Tough match you know...

Lolko: The cc at night was absolutely nice. Some effects fitted well to the beats and some of them like those flashes, they seemed to be random. The camera angles were awful especially the first person angle. Try to work on the effects and the camera angles also they were some bugs at the camera angles.

ZeRo: The CC was clean and nice. All the effects fitted well but some of them were repetitive like the earthquake. Good choice of the camera angles and the steady camera.

My vote goes to ZeRo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal