Author Topic: NRG500 Skinning  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
NRG500 Skinning
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
Very confused on the whole thing. I can get the textures out for breaks and all and i can edit them and replace them, but , how would i edit the rims?
How do i know the textures will show up where i want them on the bike?
I downloaded a skin for nrg a while and it was dff, why am i using TXD?
and if youre feeling really really helpful, post a picture of your 4 textures for your custom bike so i can get an idea for how i should lay mine out, thanks a lot.
 ;)

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NRG500 Skinning
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:25 AM »
First of all, the .txd file is the texture file which includes all textures used on the NRG500 or any other vehicle, whereas the .dff file is the file which includes the form of the vehicle.

Now if you want to see which parts of the .txd file belongs to which part of the NRG500, simply give every single part a certain colour, so you can see where the parts are situated at.

I hope I helped you a bit :)

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 02:56:43 AM »
It's impossible to find which parts are which unless you already know, I know 99% of the VC pcj because I've been a skinner for so long but in SA i know more like 80% because I've only skinned 1 bike in SA.

If you know anyone who skins then ask them to help you make a colour page thing.

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:39 AM »
If you know anyone who skins then ask them to help you make a colour page thing.

pm me i have  a nrg were all parts from every map is colored

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
hm, good idears, but why is the skin i use now a dff? it only changes the textures not the shape..

Offline torekk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • torekk's blog
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »
hm, good idears, but why is the skin i use now a dff? it only changes the textures not the shape..
You can't change the shape with a texture file. A texture is like your skin colour. While your body is muscles. All you do is just change the colour of the bike.

When you want to change the shape, then you'd have to learn 3D modelling, but that'd be called modding, if you stunt with that bike then.

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »
You can't change the shape with a texture file. A texture is like your skin colour. While your body is muscles. All you do is just change the colour of the bike.

When you want to change the shape, then you'd have to learn 3D modelling, but that'd be called modding, if you stunt with that bike then.
im confused :\ can you just explain the difference in txd and dff?

EDIT: nevermind i get it, and i know how to edit all of this now. i just have one question though, do i need to use decals? or can i just have no decals..not just blank ones but no file at all for decalls?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:23:28 PM by Ne0n »

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »
sorry to post again (its not like this forum is fast moving anyways so no harm really done) but i need to know really soon because i need to create my own bike for a vid :P and also its just killing me to have to stick with ugly decals and rims. i was googling for like a damn hour and could not find anything that would help me. please halp  :ajaja: :cheersad:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 05:02:28 AM »
sorry to post again (its not like this forum is fast moving anyways so no harm really done) but i need to know really soon because i need to create my own bike for a vid :P and also its just killing me to have to stick with ugly decals and rims. i was googling for like a damn hour and could not find anything that would help me. please halp  :ajaja: :cheersad:

pm me i have  a nrg were all parts from every map is colored

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 05:31:36 AM »

im confused :\ can you just explain the difference in txd and dff?

EDIT: nevermind i get it, and i know how to edit all of this now. i just have one question though, do i need to use decals? or can i just have no decals..not just blank ones but no file at all for decalls?

DFF = Shape of model
TXD = Texture of model

:cheersad:

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
sigh

read my edit before you.

EDIT: okay i got the rims figured out i think. I dont really need much help anymore but if you feel like explaining it for other people go ahead. thanks...  :euro:

EDIT2:: OKAY IM ALL GOOD NOW EXCEPT FOR: how do i make rims and how can i stop the nrg's base colors from effecting my skins colors :| id want my nrg to just be all black...
also i read a tutorial that said to use pngs, ive been using bmp this whole time and it turned out good, should i still use pngs?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:47:08 PM by Ne0n »

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »
sigh

read my edit before you.

Oh sorry for trying to help, faggot.

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »
sigh

read my edit before you.

Chill, i didnt insult you :unsure:

and my info: OKAY IM ALL GOOD NOW EXCEPT FOR: how do i make rims and how can i stop the nrg's base colors from effecting my skins colors  id want my nrg to just be all black...
also i read a tutorial that said to use pngs, ive been using bmp this whole time and it turned out good, should i still use pngs?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:52:07 PM by Ne0n »

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
sigh

read my edit before you.

Chill, i didnt insult you :unsure:
But I insulted you.

Offline Ne0n

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
I know and it was uncalled for  <_<

So can anyone tell me how to make rims and have my nrg be all black instead of 2 different colors?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal