Author Topic: [TAS] THE SIASIN VIDEO.  (Read 6622 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: [TAS] THE SIASIN VIDEO.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2022, 08:43:57 AM »
I have never felt so conflicted watching a stunt video :P.

Firstly I would say this is the way TAS videos should be made; complete transparency and no bullshit. It was genuinely interesting seeing some of these spots, knowing that nothing was being hidden. With that said, I just find it impossible to enjoy this method of stunting - it feels genuinely demotivating, I don't know if anyone shares my feelings about that. I actually got close to landing something here in the past (probably this video's easiest VC map spot don't worry LUL), feels kind of sad to see it like this :cheersad:.

I personally won't be stunting in VC/SA without Shadowplay recordings going forward, I think anyone who lands stunts in the realm of this craziness will arouse suspicion without them which is a real shame - however I guess that's the single positive thing about this, because we might actually see more transparency in the future as a result :happy:.

I did enjoy the editing so I have to give you props for that, was the whole purpose of this video a diss :lol:? I particularly liked the use of 3D interludes, it made the presentation very involving.

These are just my thoughts, ultimately as long as save-state videos clearly say that they're TAS based, I guess we have to let them pass, despite the way many of us feel about them :jajaja:.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:20:32 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2022, 08:58:37 AM »
This Siasin guy is on another level. When asked the question of how many different ledges and rails can be added to any grind combo, his answer is simply "yes". There was one ledge grind, the one on the freeway in LS that I thought to myself "hey, I can curb bump into that ledge", but then the two ledge grinds after that shut me up :lol:. Loved the ghost ride on the last stunt, caught me off guard, but made perfect sense. Overall I'd say this was a feel good video. Nothing wrong with conspicuously pushing the limits of technical stunts through less than legit means when it's done with transparency.

Offline mehmet

• MEMEETH
  • Veteran Member
  • Pönda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GTASMehMet
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:09 AM »
insane video  :lol:

LOOOOOVE the edit, the part where the guy takes out the pistol etc is sooooo good looking  ;D

the stunts are pretty sick but most of them are a bit ''too much'' but i understand what your goal was with this video  :a-cheer:

Offline Jomra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2022, 10:33:54 AM »

yo this is more of an allbeast disstrack than anything else

we now have solid proof that limitless is indeed super lame, love it

if anyone considers making another savestate video, you won't top this so don't even try :) not because you can't come up with "better" stunts, but because you can't come up with a better video and a better frame to set this video in

no hate against allbeast

To live life, you need problems. If you get everything you want the minute you want it, then whats the point of livin?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:40:27 AM by Jomra »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2022, 10:55:53 AM »
we now have solid proof that limitless is indeed super lame, love it
lol, are you serious?

from which side Haywire's video better, from laming stunts with stucking methods, from making stunts without any variations or from landing to grinds in simple way?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 11:02:49 AM by AllBeast »

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2022, 11:49:33 AM »
Wait havent Barney landed that without a WM... Oh oh nvm :euro:

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »
someone had to do this, good job. most of these are better than allbeasts ones, which makes his videos completely uninteresting and the whole method just "for fun" as it should be.

these are simply the best grinds ever, but my brain still does not accept them because of the way they were landed lol.

anyways, this video does exactly what it needs to do.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2022, 04:52:10 PM »
This was oddly satisfying to watch. Like seeing our craziest stunting dreams coming true :lol: It's VM but congrats for the work behind it. Killer editing too :ajaja:

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2022, 01:43:31 AM »
Great video! Mixed feeling about this like many other people :D But I can't deny it was a satisfying watch.
I'm not a VC stunter but I'm pretty sure some of those grinds are possible even without without TAS, in example 0:57 or 2:41, as I saw in the past people landing harder combos.
On the other hand I loved some of the harder ones which would take ages to get without TAS, 1:58 (my favorite in the video), 3:47 and the finisher. :D
Loved the clean edit, those interludes gave the video a really dynamic feeling and I geniuly laughed at the AllBeast passenger bit :D
Also is always nice to hear again a song by The Prodigy in stunting videos, bring back the old ATS stunting videos feelings :cc_detective:

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2022, 02:39:26 AM »
as I saw in the past people landing harder combos.

...you saw someone land something harder than a stalled rear wheel grind to csm to prec?

Cmon man. With maybe only one or two exceptions, these spots are possible but not doable.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 02:41:06 AM by DeathCobra »

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2022, 05:55:30 AM »

...you saw someone land something harder than a stalled rear wheel grind to csm to prec?

Cmon man. With maybe only one or two exceptions, these spots are possible but not doable.
Dont get me wrong, I didn't say those are easy. As a SA stunter this combo looked doable to me; now if a stalled rear wheel grind is hard to get I don't really know :P

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2022, 06:06:14 AM »

Dont get me wrong, I didn't say those are easy. As a SA stunter this combo looked doable to me; now if a stalled rear wheel grind is hard to get I don't really know :P
you right, he lamed most of stunts

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2022, 08:24:58 AM »

you right, he lamed most of stunts

Reminds me of someone.

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2022, 06:20:31 PM »
Awesome vid, I died when you aimed sideways and the bit where you hopped off the bike for a quick stretch. Comic legend

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2022, 09:00:14 PM »
Awesome vid, I died when you aimed sideways and the bit where you hopped off the bike for a quick stretch. Comic legend

Sorcery is gonna shit his pants when he finds out about the finisher stunt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal