Author Topic: Barney - Cenotaph  (Read 23819 times)

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
Re: Barney - Cenotaph
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2022, 08:56:23 AM »
Sorry Barney and Haywire for shit quality and stutters. This is my second live video thingy and I had to change settings and apparently made everything worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0FZL7RWA8

I didn't see any comments/reviews before making my own, but apparently me and AllBeast had same comments on some parts. :lol:

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2022, 09:00:21 AM »
0:30 - Dam double grind: Kickass way to start the video, smooth transition between the grinds, also that spin at the end adds extra style points

0:40 - Wallbonk to court house: This one is old but I imagine you haven't watched every video released while you were gone so that's okay, still a nice stunt

0:47 - Curb bump to ledge grind: Nice idea, loving that speed

0:58 - Drop wallride to grind: That's totally my cup of tea, anything that includes a wallride and a grind is an instant win in my book :cc_detective:

1:05 - Bridge double grind: Fantastic double grind and flawless execution, that 180 between the grinds was just *chefs kiss*

1:14 - P2B to apartment block: Nice new way to land that roof, looks huge!

1:24 - Back tankbump to apartment block: Lovely idea, that runup looks like a bitch!

1:32 - Airport wallride to grind: Awesome double grind, I know a certain someone who has something similar landed there but yeah, clean execution

1:44 - Drop to quad BB grind: I haven't tried this but I imagine it might be tough to do all 4 signs since nobody did it before :D

1:54 - Cherry double grind on BB: One of my favourite stunts from the video, fantastic idea with a smooth execution (and you even landed on that little platform instead of the ground) :ajaja:

2:05 - Drop stoppie to grind: Gotta love those long stoppie to grinds, I didn't know what to expect, great job!

2:22 - Grind to ledge to box prec: The tiny box precision was an awesome addition to the double grind, well done!

2:42 - Skimmer bump to high ledge: THAT WAS MASSIVE! :ninja: The way you find spots to nail previously unlanded roofs is next level

2:56 - PSM to Hyman stairwell: ^same thing applies here lol

3:05 - Oversized back tankbump: That was some insane height and I lowkey expected a MAG after seeing your trajectory but I know how hard this spot is by itself as I've tried it briefly in the past, good job landing it

3:14 - Skimmer bump by the water: I'm usually not a fan of skimmer bumps (or pretty much any stuck method) but the way you utilized them in this video is fantastic, sick height with an odd angle, must have been tough!

3:25 - Icecream bump to prec: I think somebody might have landed this with a PSM but maybe I'm just confusing stuff, props on landing that tiny precision nontheless!

3:34 - PSM MAG: Again, a weird setup nobody used before - and as if the landing wouldn't have been impressive enough, you throw in an extra MAG, way to go! :jajaja:

3:43 - PSM grind bonk grind: Had to rewind this when I first watched it, that second grind really made it, must have been a bitch to get the right bonk off that pole without bailing

3:53 - P2B airport ledge grind: Another favourite of mine, absolutely mindblowing dude! :o

4:05 - Skimmer bump Moist Palms: Looks huge, although I found this setup a bit more 'on the nose' compared to the others, still a great stunt obviously

4:15 - PSM MAG to grind: BANGER! :cheernutz:

4:27 - PSM hotel prec: Casually parking your PCJ on yet another previously unlanded roof, that looked insane! I imagine that runup must have been a pain in the ass to gain the required speed for that bump, well done!

4:38 - Trashmaster bump to radio prec: Outstanding idea, gotta love how you found a way to that antenna which is basically in the middle of nowhere lol

4:47 - PSM to ship antenna prec: That landing is very SA-like - except I know it's waaay harder in the VC engine, very nice idea and kudos for sticking that precision!

Music: To be honest, this kind of music isn't what I'd listen to on a daily basis - however it really fits the vibe of a Barney video, I totally enjoyed your previous solo too but even though there were amazing stunts in it I still felt like I liked Monolith more simply because of the music & editing :ajaja:

Editing: Jason, you have absolutely outdone yourself on this one. Those cinematic camera angles throughout the whole video combined with the amazing weathers & colors completely transformed my expectations of what a Vice City stunt video could look like - this is to VC what Kacknase's edit of the last AR video is to SA :ajaja: Also loved how well everything was synchronized with the music. Oh, and the thematic skin changes too! :cc_detective:

Thank you for creating such a wonderful video Barney & Jason. You guys totally pushed the limits of both stunting & editing. I suspect I'll rewatch this video many times in the future. :cc_detective: Right now I have to go and fire up VC for the first time in a few months, this instant classic gave me hell of a motivation :jajaja:

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2022, 09:04:11 AM »
Hmm...Speechless.

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2022, 09:53:57 AM »
Nice!

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2022, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 11:41:48 AM »
Been a while I didn't post on this forum but hey right now I have a reason ! I was thinking about a prank from Jason, I would never imagine a come back from Barney but damn, it's true ! I didn't watch the video yet, I will do a special Live Reaction Stream on Twitch for this ! I can't wait to watch this video, the legend is back ! See you tomorrow and welcome back Barney, you are my Vice City Hero  :wub:

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
crazy

Online Angle.Fire

• Veteran Member
  • Never Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2022, 12:02:50 PM »
Sori for my bed england

Also for video surpressed my voice but its the best I could

https://youtu.be/FqdqObGxzxI

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »
Went ahead and reacted:
https://youtu.be/LY_WsW46JEA

The PSM MAG to grind won it for me. The camera angles are very cutting edge, while still presenting the stunts in a clear and seamless manner. Thanks for the pleasant surprise.

Offline bumpinghegehog

• Enne
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »
I made a reaction video but i cant seem to edit it atm. upload tomorrow!

I can't believe Barney made a new one....

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 02:18:20 PM »
bro i'm STOKED
i'll be putting this on hold just so i can try to set up my first reaction vid lol

also, thanks for being australian, i was actually waiting for tomorrow (still 21st here)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 02:19:54 PM by Ltab- »

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 02:31:34 PM »
Manfred, my man, you are different.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 02:34:54 PM by Biel »

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2022, 02:34:11 PM »
Yeah... nah. This was too much. I don't think I can come up with a proper review.

My position as Barney fan has been renewed, and my understanding of camera work has been redefined. Magnificent work.

Offline bruh

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2022, 02:54:34 PM »
the camera work was really a let down and brought the video down, i literally cant see shit and everyting looks like bugged freeplay cameras
i hope there will be a re-edit of that because the stunts seemed to be top quality (maybe except for the first minute or two)
and nice execution of that idea with white and red variations of the textures

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2022, 03:48:36 PM »
This is too heavy! one of the best edit I saw so far! very cool cam and music really fits of what Barney's giving to us.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal