Author Topic: Dab88's Stunting Documentary Thoughts  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Re: Dab88's Stunting Documentary Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »
It'd be nearly impossible for one person to do an entire history of GTAStunting. So much has been involved in a multitude of ways...like I haven't watched your rendition yet Dab. But the fact you made one period shows your love for it and thats great. A hundred people could produce their own and it'd be slightly different.

There have even been other websites that were an integral(somewhat) part of gta stunting in the early days. Like GTAGaming, The Gamers Alliance, TheGTAPlace, and a few other sites we we hosted/posted.

With the release of the Stunt Database and all the work been going on thru the pandemic and what not...I definitely feel a sort of Renaissance feel here! It's amazing. I consider these people here to be some of the grestest content creators in the history of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. I've been looking in on the place for over 18 years...not always able to participate and grow with the times. But nonetheless hold an infinity for GTAS as a whole.

Love you guys :) I'll be watching your video soon dab88*

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 08:04:26 AM »
@ last few posts.

I spoke with Aries about a GTAStunting history/timeline that'd be intertwined with GTASDB as both projects serve as an archive of stunting history. In my eyes, the easiest way to go about it would be a Wikipedia style based project, maybe some sort of timeline. As Diaz said, it's nearly 2 decades of history and is no doubt a large task however we have a good majority of the information here still existing on the forum; crew formation dates, members, video releases and so forth. We still have active members from back in the day who no doubt have a plethora of information in their heads, and for the most part we can track down the instances of first stunts, who came up with a method and so forth. The bulk of the information is there, scattered around the forums and to me it's just a matter of consolidating it all and compiling it into something readable.

Naturally a project like this isn't without issues, and aside from the obvious work involved the only other issue which Kimgjad already touched on is the argument of keeping it fully objective, or allowing certain facts that could be deemed subjective to be included. For example, we know that whilst Kaneda technically did the first FBI Bump in The Getaway 2, it was PlethZorb who really showed what could be done with them in Geronimo - this is factual and backed up with video evidence. However, on the opposite side we have Barney's UnorthodoX video, a lot of us know firsthand the impact that video had as we were there, and to this day it's considered a monumental video; sideways ledgegrinds, multiple ledgegrinds in a row, midairgrabs, high as fuck roofs etc - I would say UnorthodoX pushed stunting forward and that's evident by the videos that started coming out in 08, however that can all be considered subjective and once you go down that route of impactful videos we'd be open to every tom dick and harry with their panties in a bunch because their video wasn't considered monumental.

I do think a Wikipedia based platform is the best option for it, as whilst videos give the more enjoyable experience, as Dab says it'd take a long time to compile it all into one project and release it whereas a Wiki can be continually updated. Regardless of the platform, I'm happy to devote my time and effort into making a project like this become reality.

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 10:43:30 PM »
Wikipedia makes sense. I know Juan showed me one of the first substantial cop bumps in VC but that was probably after the LC ones.

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 11:07:14 AM »
I do think a Wikipedia based platform is the best option for it, as whilst videos give the more enjoyable experience, as Dab says it'd take a long time to compile it all into one project and release it whereas a Wiki can be continually updated. Regardless of the platform, I'm happy to devote my time and effort into making a project like this become reality.

There's the fandom wikis, we could use that no problem...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal