Author Topic: [SOLO] "Hold The Colors" My First Stunt Video!  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
[SOLO] "Hold The Colors" My First Stunt Video!
« on: August 29, 2021, 07:24:31 PM »
I've been a fan of stunting since I was a kid. Many years later, I made my first!

As mentioned in the title, this is my first time making a stunt video, there are flaws and I wish to improve on any future ones I make, so please do give feedback!

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8W-7qoBAx8
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 07:34:26 PM by Interface6135 »

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLO] "Hold The Colors" My First Stunt Video!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:28:26 AM »
 ;D

For a first video it's really good. I can't really talk to much about the stunts as it's SA and I don't know much, they seemed a little simple but it's your first, and there were some nice stunts in there, can tell you had fun which is the main thing.

Editing was good, as you said the synchronisation was off at the beginning but it picked up and for the most part was a clean edit and enjoyed watching. Maybe don't cut some of the stunts abruptly, maybe you fell off or something I dunno but it's a bit jarring to cut half way through a stunt to something else. Also someone can help you get rid of the flashing replay I'm sure, if you actually wanted to have it there for nostalgia reasons, right on  :mellow: it definitely took me back.

Hope you keep stunting and making more videos dude!

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 05:23:08 AM »
;D

For a first video it's really good. I can't really talk to much about the stunts as it's SA and I don't know much, they seemed a little simple but it's your first, and there were some nice stunts in there, can tell you had fun which is the main thing.

Editing was good, as you said the synchronisation was off at the beginning but it picked up and for the most part was a clean edit and enjoyed watching. Maybe don't cut some of the stunts abruptly, maybe you fell off or something I dunno but it's a bit jarring to cut half way through a stunt to something else. Also someone can help you get rid of the flashing replay I'm sure, if you actually wanted to have it there for nostalgia reasons, right on  :mellow: it definitely took me back.

Hope you keep stunting and making more videos dude!

Thank you! I did fall off from the billboard near the beginning of the video, and cut the replay off from there :P Later in the video I did fall off of the 2nd building with the Infernus, but to sync with the song I cut that part off.

Somebody suggested Dannye's stunt mod, which I will check out, not sure if that removes the "Replay" thing or not, we'll see! I'll definitely make more stunting videos and continue to have fun making them, all feedback will help me learn to improve, so I appreciate it!

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 06:46:02 AM »
Aah right, there were a few more cuts that you must have done for editing reasons then, maybe just leave it till the next beat to sync to if possible, if you find you have too many stunts for the song, just pick the best ones and maybe put some in the credits or something?

Dannye's SCM is very very good indeed, I couldn't live without it in VC, so yeah definitely look into that, I think it should fix the replay thing.

Another one of Lord Dannye's tools is Freeplay, which will give you the ability to do sick camera angles and all sorts, I'm not really that clued up on it but it's the go-to for some of the better editors on the site.

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 07:04:42 AM »
Aah right, there were a few more cuts that you must have done for editing reasons then, maybe just leave it till the next beat to sync to if possible, if you find you have too many stunts for the song, just pick the best ones and maybe put some in the credits or something?

Dannye's SCM is very very good indeed, I couldn't live without it in VC, so yeah definitely look into that, I think it should fix the replay thing.

Another one of Lord Dannye's tools is Freeplay, which will give you the ability to do sick camera angles and all sorts, I'm not really that clued up on it but it's the go-to for some of the better editors on the site.
I'll look into it, thank you  :D

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »
Keep going  :cheernutz:

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 05:42:32 PM »

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 06:49:55 AM »
For first stunt vid it's nice, my fav stunt is 2:20. My feedback or advices: 1st Edit: don't rush on recording a stunt and editing, it will be better to release a better quality video even with 1,2,3 days of delay than release it just as fast as it possible. Also try to make a better sync with music. Just watch how good gtas editors edit their videos, how they move camera in replay, camera distance and other stuff. 2nd Stunts: you landed some basic spots and it's ok for the first stunt video, but next time try to land something that you think is new or not so obvious and you will progress. And my best advice is just enjoy the process of stunting :)

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »
For first stunt vid it's nice, my fav stunt is 2:20. My feedback or advices: 1st Edit: don't rush on recording a stunt and editing, it will be better to release a better quality video even with 1,2,3 days of delay than release it just as fast as it possible. Also try to make a better sync with music. Just watch how good gtas editors edit their videos, how they move camera in replay, camera distance and other stuff. 2nd Stunts: you landed some basic spots and it's ok for the first stunt video, but next time try to land something that you think is new or not so obvious and you will progress. And my best advice is just enjoy the process of stunting :)

Thanks for the feedback! I mentioned in the video description that the sync is off for the first 2 mins because it is 1 big video file, after that are separate ones that I edited together to sync with the music.

I will definitely experiment with more spots for my next video! I've got some ideas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal