Author Topic: Burn - Meditation II  (Read 20992 times)

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Burn - Meditation II
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:16:25 AM »
MEDITATION II

Welcome gtastunting ! I'm proud to present you the sequel to Meditation, edited by Herrarge and guested by Prog and Ktulu !

Nothing special to say about the video, this is the result of several cancelled collabs and unused stuff so you may find some fillers but also some really good quality stuff.

This video wouldn't have been possible without the help of Herrarge, shoutouts to him for the incredible efforts he put !

I hope you are about to enjoy as much as i enjoyed it.

Youtube Link :

https://youtu.be/4sof2jHZs1c

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o78k5y9h580sodh/burn_meditationII.mp4?dl=0

Thanks for watching  :wub:

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Burn - Meditation II
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:22:04 AM »
Sorry for the double post but I totally forgot to thank you guys for watching the preview on Twitch yesterday ! That was a real great moment, i really appreciated the thing. That Friendly atmosphere was kind of unique <3

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:12:31 AM »
Great mixture of AC, United and SA stunts once again. Since there are tons of stunts I will just review the three parts separately.
AC: The most dynamic part imo with this song and bigairs. Insanely huge infy stunts, but man those doublegrinds with those gap between the grinds..speechless. The thing is that you make these combos look easy and the fact you perform them so smoothly is candy for the eye. Only negative thing is that there were too many p2bs for my taste, but I got my yearly dose of bigairs so thanks. Also, I stunted about 1 hour in AC in my life but I managed to lost a spot to you!  :lol: 1:05 is probably one of the weakest stunts in this part, but still  :P
United: Really liked the song in this part, it was building up nicely. Finally another vehicle appeared, and that monster truck grind was on point and those insane infy curbbumps delivered once again. The sandking jump2bump was cool as well, I wonder nobody thought of this before. Maybe some of these stunts were not possible in the older United? For example the thing you stoppied on at the pyramid was bugged earlier as far as I know. 6:00 is another great example of terrific terrain usage, amazing combo. And the finisher would be amazing even in VC and you just do it in SA engine, nice I guess.
SA: I was waiting this part the most. The song started strong and this was that 'classic' one what always makes a video for me. I'm amazed how you keep finding new stuff on such overused place, for example the opener. This part contained probably the craziest grindcombos so far, like the LS highway one, the freeway stoppie2curb2grind or the grind2bump2grind in LV. But the absolute favourite combo was somehow the long yellow fence grind2stoppie2grind for me. Knowing how slow grinds are in SA these kind of combos are near impossible but you just casually grind that whole fence, have the right angle to do a stoppie, near-miss that pole and grind the other fence too. I assume it was done with FL ON so that you could maintain higher speed on the first fence but still...such an overused place, I bet everyone has done that curbbump2grind before but nobody went on to connect it with another grind. These extras are what I love. The curbbump2bbbump2treeprec has to be highlighted as well, I don't want to imagine how hard that was to find the right angle/distance/height and prec it. And of course the finisher, crazy what one can do with near-perfect infy curbbumps. With literally zero runup you managed to land one iconic roof, good job.
All in all the video was well worth the wait, I found a few stunts that felt weaker than the rest but overall it was one serious video. I'm glad you found a great editor in the person of Herrarge who did a decent job. I guess it's not quite your editing style and song choice but you did well this time too. Thanks for the experience, on to Meditation III in 2029!

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:14:31 AM »
Great solo Burn everything was good

I remember i was trying 9:57 2-3 years ago, i even tried to take a packer to get on the grind to bump the angle at the end and land on the grind of the tunnel

Epic combo ! My favorite part was SA good job on landing that finisher  ;D

Edit are clean i was expecting a bit more effect but sitll enjoyable :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 01:03:13 PM by SkilZ »

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:19:01 AM »
Watched it already live in your stream. Watched it again now its a nice video. I like that clean editing. The stunts were sick. I saw you trying most of them while streaming. Nice to see them landed. Good job bro. :a-cheer:

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 02:32:37 AM »
Sick video Burn, as expected! :ajaja: Can't really comment on the AC part since I never tried that map but it looked nice, especially those grind combos. The United part was cool aswell, even though most of the stunts were landed in the VC engine (but I guess it's the same when people do SAiVC stunts so yeah), that monster grind was sick though! :ajaja: The SA part was mindblowing, those huge infernus bumps and of course those stylish grind combos were a real pleasure to watch, won't even pick a favourite since there are so many neat stuff in there! :cc_detective:

As for the editing, nothing too flashy just simple and calm, I think you did the stunts justice so good job! Was the song choice for the United part a reference to Touch Of A Samurai? :P

Also, the titles of each part suggest a farewell - are you retiring or just bidding farewell to Meditation?

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 02:42:16 AM »
Just amazing, great work. Nothing I would dislike.
Another proof that stunting is far from dead.

Offline plak

• Veteran Member
  • zazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 02:48:29 AM »
Awesome

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 02:52:05 AM »
Already trying to reland some of those spots  :cheernutz:
Btw can you upload 1st part too?

Offline mqtH

• Aero Reapers
  • I liek teh grindz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 03:05:03 AM »
Where the fuck is Herr-Dav' when we need him ??
Too bad the editing didn't reflect the quality of the stunts. Most of the cam angles were trash, it was painfull to watch.

Stunting-wise it was amazing to me, those grinds... I'm not even gonna complain about the olds. Your creativity is incredible. It makes me want to stunt again. Putain de merde... T'es le meilleur. GJ legend.

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 03:32:06 AM »
Even though I saw most of the stunts already in your live stream it was a really good watch. Props for finishing such a big project in 2019. SA part finisher was dope and the huge inf curb to bump in United was another favorite of mine.

Offline Stevex

• Veteran Member
  • Emilie Autumn > Lorde
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 04:26:07 AM »
Great vid, was fun to watch it live with everyone else :)

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 04:29:11 AM »
Thanks burn, I needed that WH vibe this year  :a-cheer:

Something that every stunter should rewatch and remember - 1:34 double grind, 2:26 - grind combo 2 preci - DAYUM, 2:42, 1st part finisher, United's opener, 5:34, grind combo at 6:41. 6:53 - someone lost this as a spot in VC, United's finisher, Final Ride's opener!!!, THAT SANDKING POLICE BUMP FUCKING PRECISION, 9:54, GENIUS,  10:24 - how you come up with that OMG, the finisher. Hands down

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 04:31:11 AM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:42:40 PM by Minq »

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 05:06:30 AM »
Nice!