Author Topic: Herrarge Skins  (Read 20700 times)

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Herrarge Skins
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
Working on this little dff right now, any ideas? The goal is to create a clean skinning friendly bike.

Features right now:
- fixed model (best attributes imo)
- deleted speedometer
- colored windscreen
- dedicated generic texture (blue parts)
- seperated top tank texture (yellow part/ the original dff handles the top very weirdly and is not skinnable)
- deleted WLF on both tires
- chain (by Gesior)

As I'm no professional dff editor, I'm trying to edit existing parts only, that keeps it clean aswell. Also adding one texture brakes is not my goal, as the original 12-sided brakes work just as well. Nothing that hasn't been there before ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:32:45 PM by Herrarge »

Offline Feuer

• LLS Crew
  • † LLS / BASED MARKUS
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
If you really want to make it skinning friendly, then do it so you can have 2 different wheels(color, tires and brakes).

And a version with the other NRG body, as most people prefer that one anyways.

[Maybe a numplate and complete body reflection with an alpha so you can just turn them off if you dont want those on a specific skin(similar to VC).]

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
If you really want to make it skinning friendly, then do it so you can have 2 different wheels(color, tires and brakes).

And a version with the other NRG body, as most people prefer that one anyways.

[Maybe a numplate and complete body reflection with an alpha so you can just turn them off if you dont want those on a specific skin(similar to VC).]

Thanks for your ideas, added a separate back wheel.

It may be personal taste, but I think skins look much smoother on the round shaped body. May readd the sharp one later. Brakewise I really am happy with Rockstargames' solution, in my opinion the rear brakes should fit the front ones.
Going to experiment with the reflection tomorrow.
Not quite sure about two skinnable body sides. Never seen anyone use it, but might have a look at it.

Offline Feuer

• LLS Crew
  • † LLS / BASED MARKUS
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 04:25:37 PM »
Not quite sure about two skinnable body sides. Never seen anyone use it, but might have a look at it.

There was some .dff that already had this but nobody ever did anything with it and it was only noticeable when editors were too lazy to use the original dff, so you had some ugly ass white stain on one side of the NRG. Not worth the effort imo.

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 04:31:46 PM »

There was some .dff that already had this but nobody ever did anything with it and it was only noticeable when editors were too lazy to use the original dff, so you had some ugly ass white stain on one side of the NRG. Not worth the effort imo.

Yeah thought so too, thanks for your feedback.
Last update for today, really need to go to bed :D.

Added seperate reflection for metals/lights/glass and the bodymap (except tires ofc).
Strength of reflection is handled by brightness of the reflection picture (non alpha) from highest reflection to no reflection and everything in between.

Texture is getting bigger and bigger.
Definitly need some beta-testers as it is really hard to check the functionality with the original texture on the one hand and a plain coloured one on the other hand.

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 03:17:33 AM »
Doubleposts for life :sleep:

Added sharp body again, bike can spawn with quad exhaust as an extra.

Added separate front and back rims, disconnected from the wheel itself.

Any other ideas? :D

Edit:

Full black with dff and txd. Rearranged the quad exhaust. Everything seems to work fine right now. Publishing soon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:12:45 AM by Herrarge »

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »
thats some fine ass work you're doing there, keep it up, waiting for the outcome

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
Those pink fumes are sick!

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 09:41:47 AM »
Doublepost ;D

Simple dff modification - custom carcol settings
That's beautiful :o

Thanks man, simplicity is key.

Not so the soon to be released dff.
Update: Added separate lights, individual window reflection and some tweaking of the extras. Are there any more ideas you can think of?

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »
Yet another one:

Used Gesior7 his reflection modification again, so only the red/cyan coloured parts are shiny. Looks fresh ingame :).

Opinions? :a-cheer:

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
It'd look dope if you alpha'd the colours slightly (looks sick regardless :P)

What are you using to remap, zmodeler? I did a basic remap a while ago that allowed for seperate wheel textures and thus a fading ghost bike but the PCJ reuses some textures ie the exhaust and front suspension so I'd like to do a proper remap with accurate body map areas but I think I'd need 3DS Max for that.

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
It'd look dope if you alpha'd the colours slightly (looks sick regardless :P)

What are you using to remap, zmodeler? I did a basic remap a while ago that allowed for seperate wheel textures and thus a fading ghost bike but the PCJ reuses some textures ie the exhaust and front suspension so I'd like to do a proper remap with accurate body map areas but I think I'd need 3DS Max for that.

Thank you :) trying with alphas though.

Indeed, used Zmodeler for remapping. All used textures have to be present in the folder, when importing the model, as Zmodeler doesn't import and export placeholders (3DS Max does so, which makes it a bit more comfortable). Don't know if your statement was a question or ... a statement though :D. Used 3DS for a long time, though Zmodeler works fine for everything (except for my super innovative bug, that limits the bike's max speed without any reason :a-cheer:). Have fun, modding is best :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:46:39 AM by Herrarge »

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 01:56:53 AM »
Just added the skin on sketchfab for you to inspect it :a-cheer:.
The model is not perfect, some textures are missing and some are not accurate, but the overall idea is shown.
Also just did it for the lulz :).

https://sketchfab.com/models/90da5963868d4213999c37bf7f54503e
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:15:56 AM by Herrarge »

Offline chiler

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 03:26:52 AM »
Yet another one:

Used Gesior7 his reflection modification again, so only the red/cyan coloured parts are shiny. Looks fresh ingame :).

Opinions? :a-cheer:
Would you mind giving it to me  :rolleyes: :wub:

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
New one. Handdrawn bodymap. Someone invent 300 dpi textures, please!
Kinda rushed this one to the end. As always partly reflections with Gesior's dff.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal